Job search Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Law-So-Hard

Bronze

Job search

Post by Law-So-Hard » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:35 pm

Have you started? How's it going? Have you secured a job? What do you do?

LAWYER2

Silver

Re: Job search

Post by LAWYER2 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:54 pm

The job market seems hit or miss where I'm at. Most jobs I see require a bar license to even apply. I'm working as an IT Director for a respectable size law firm and just waiting on my license to begin shifting responsibilities. I couldn't imagine not having any other skills to hold me over till licensed.

jigglypuffdreams

New

Post by jigglypuffdreams » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Even the doc review jobs require a bar license, so I'm in that weird boat where I'm not really wanted for legal assistant/paralegal jobs and I'm not really wanted for attorney jobs. I'm hoping things get better once results come out.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:07 pm

jigglypuffdreams wrote:Even the doc review jobs require a bar license, so I'm in that weird boat where I'm not really wanted for legal assistant/paralegal jobs and I'm not really wanted for attorney jobs. I'm hoping things get better once results come out.

Our school Career Placement program sent out a doc review position for $12/hr from a huge Class Action firm. I couldn't bring myself to work for such wages, while others jumped at the chance. I guess to each is own.

dtl

Bronze

Post by dtl » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:53 pm

LAWYER2 wrote:
jigglypuffdreams wrote:Even the doc review jobs require a bar license, so I'm in that weird boat where I'm not really wanted for legal assistant/paralegal jobs and I'm not really wanted for attorney jobs. I'm hoping things get better once results come out.

Our school Career Placement program sent out a doc review position for $12/hr from a huge Class Action firm. I couldn't bring myself to work for such wages, while others jumped at the chance. I guess to each is own.
Yeah, UCLA has sent out quite a few near minimum wage jobs working for profitable firms. I am lucky enough that I have the luxury to be appalled and not apply.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:37 pm

dtl wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote:

Yeah, UCLA has sent out quite a few near minimum wage jobs working for profitable firms. I am lucky enough that I have the luxury to be appalled and not apply.
Thank You! Its the carp jumping for these crumbs who are messing up the game for the rest of us! I'd rather work on Elance.com doing freelance doc review and legal writing on my own than give these jokers the satisfaction of paying peanuts for my JD

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”