MEE Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
jpete7634

New

MEE

Post by jpete7634 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:12 pm

I'm not sure what the policy extends to in terms of what you can and can't talk about in regard to the essays, but how did people feel about the MEE? Can we discuss the topics, but not get into specifics?

LAWYER2

Silver

Re: MEE

Post by LAWYER2 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:12 pm

I thought it was pretty straight forward. I was thanking my lucky stars for the topics I got each time I turned the page. The last one, Corporations, had some obscure proxy shareholder derrivative question that a majority of people seemed to struggle with. Other than that, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. I really feared the essays coming into the test. I was really pumped when the first essay was an essay I'd just read in the barbri book a day or two prior on family law/Civ pro/conflict of laws.

jpete7634

New

Post by jpete7634 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 am

Yea I agree....the 2 I struggled with were the first portion of that corporations question and the family law question generally. Everyone I talked said they bombed those 2, especially the family law one because most people are only prepared to discuss best interests of children for family law. But I was the only one among my friends that discussed conflicts....so I am relieved you are saying that it was relevant. The conflicts was only for the initial portion right? You had time to get into the 3 (or 5 if you include lex fori and best law approach) approaches and still discuss personal jurisdiction? And then there were 3 more subquestions about child support... I wasted 45minutes on that question.

What jurisdiction are you in?

SEngland

Bronze

Post by SEngland » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm not saying conflicts was not relevant but I did not speak to one person who discussed any conflicts issues on the FL question. Looking back, I wish I would have.

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:39 pm

people knew what to write on the civ pro one? shit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jpete7634

New

Post by jpete7634 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:42 pm

rawrab wrote:people knew what to write on the civ pro one? shit.
Are you talking about the actual fed civ pro question about intervention or the civ pro jurisdictional portion of the family law question? I heard a lot of people complain about the fed civ pro one because Barbri didn't cover joinder very extensively, let alone intervention. This was probably my shortest answer, but i think I hit enough points to get a 3/4

THB

New

Post by THB » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:19 pm

I felt I did above average on the Family Law and Contracts questions; average on the crim pro and evidence questions; and below average on the corporations and civ pro essays.... so probably around average overall.

I was just bs'ing my way through that civ pro one.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Yea, I didn't go too in depth on the conflicts beyond mentioning the competing states interest and the state with property interest and will prevail. It was so ironic to have the exact same hypo as the barbri book. The Barbri answer didn't go too in depth into CoL's either.

barretaker123

New

Post by barretaker123 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:29 pm

Can we discuss the essays now? I took it in Illinois and want to placate my nerves while we wait another month.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”