Funny/Interesting stories from the Bar exam Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LAWYER2

Silver

Re: Funny/Interesting stories from the Bar exam

Post by LAWYER2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:27 pm

Georgia Avenue wrote:after they called time on the afternoon essays and collected our answers, I looked over at the kid next to me and his scratch paper was full of nothing but anime-style comic book drawings
No way? :|

I seen a gal just sitting back in her chair cleaning her nails on the way to the restroom. I thought she's just contemplating, sure enough she was doing the same thing when I left AND returned an hour or so later. (Had to pee a lot)

peanut123

New

Post by peanut123 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:55 am

alphagamma wrote:A fire alarm went off in my hotel in Buffalo, NY, at 4am on Tuesday morning. Everyone had to evacuate for about 20 minutes. I and the other hundreds of law students staying there were not pleased.

Also, the hotel had no internet or room service because of "overcrowding issues."
I stayed there too. I could have killed someone when that alarm went off. The service at the restaurant was so bad and it was hilariously expensive. Also, I was pretty sure I was going to be hit by a car at that intersection right by the hotel.

InTheWideLand I Walk

Bronze

Post by InTheWideLand I Walk » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:21 pm

yeah, in CA as soon as the final PT on the last day was finished and the proctor said "click exit/save", I clicked the exit/save button and my entire computer froze and crashed after hundreds of "error" messages appeared everywhere on my screen. as soon as I rebooted the computer this message appeared that says "your system failed- you are required to handwrite the remaining portion of the exam". thank god my file uploaded without a problem.

Law-So-Hard

Bronze

Post by Law-So-Hard » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:56 pm

InTheWideLand I Walk wrote:yeah, in CA as soon as the final PT on the last day was finished and the proctor said "click exit/save", I clicked the exit/save button and my entire computer froze and crashed after hundreds of "error" messages appeared everywhere on my screen. as soon as I rebooted the computer this message appeared that says "your system failed- you are required to handwrite the remaining portion of the exam". thank god my file uploaded without a problem.
Wow I would have had some sort of epic internal panic...Kudos for staying calm and glad you uploaded without a problem!

duskfall

New

Post by duskfall » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:00 am

Law-So-Hard wrote:
InTheWideLand I Walk wrote:yeah, in CA as soon as the final PT on the last day was finished and the proctor said "click exit/save", I clicked the exit/save button and my entire computer froze and crashed after hundreds of "error" messages appeared everywhere on my screen. as soon as I rebooted the computer this message appeared that says "your system failed- you are required to handwrite the remaining portion of the exam". thank god my file uploaded without a problem.
Wow I would have had some sort of epic internal panic...Kudos for staying calm and glad you uploaded without a problem!
I would've shat my pants dude.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SamSeaborn2016

Bronze

Post by SamSeaborn2016 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:03 am

Only real notable story from my exam site was some girl blurting out during the PM MBE, "just record the fucking deed!"

Law-So-Hard

Bronze

Post by Law-So-Hard » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:04 am

SamSeaborn2016 wrote:Only real notable story from my exam site was some girl blurting out during the PM MBE, "just record the fucking deed!"
We were all thinking it.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:01 am

http://youtu.be/MnvPL9myL-Q

Anyone seen the documentary on the CA bar exam?

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:06 am

aquasalad wrote:Arlington, TX bar exam (where everyone in Dallas took it) was located right next to Rangers Stadium in Arlington, which had a day game going on during the MBE (one of Jeter's last games in Texas). For the last 2 hours of the afternoon hard ass BS MBE, a fucking sign plane was circling the stadium, flying slow as fuck, and it was completely audible inside the warehouse convention center we were taking it at. Convention center was less than 400 yards from the stadium. The plane came overhead every three to four minutes like clockwork, for two hours, and I'm pretty sure put me in some sort of hypnosis around question 175.

Sucked.
They made you take that at the Arlington convention center? hahahaa that's insanely close to the stadium...wtf were they thinking

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OklahomasOK

Bronze

Post by OklahomasOK » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:58 am

choward014 wrote:
aquasalad wrote:Arlington, TX bar exam (where everyone in Dallas took it) was located right next to Rangers Stadium in Arlington, which had a day game going on during the MBE (one of Jeter's last games in Texas). For the last 2 hours of the afternoon hard ass BS MBE, a fucking sign plane was circling the stadium, flying slow as fuck, and it was completely audible inside the warehouse convention center we were taking it at. Convention center was less than 400 yards from the stadium. The plane came overhead every three to four minutes like clockwork, for two hours, and I'm pretty sure put me in some sort of hypnosis around question 175.

Sucked.
They made you take that at the Arlington convention center? hahahaa that's insanely close to the stadium...wtf were they thinking
I wondered what the hell that noise was. I had earplugs in and could hear the plane. It wasn't bad otherwise... unless you consider a giant room that's kept at a constant 58 degrees bad, then yes. It was miserably cold.

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:09 am

LAWYER2 wrote:http://youtu.be/MnvPL9myL-Q

Anyone seen the documentary on the CA bar exam?
I watched about a week before the exam. I started getting super nervous when it came time for them to actually take the bar, especially when he talked about the sound of the keyboards. It turned out the sound was nbd, but it freaked me out.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:10 am

OklahomasOK wrote:
choward014 wrote:

Sucked.
I wondered what the hell that noise was. I had earplugs in and could hear the plane. It wasn't bad otherwise... unless you consider a giant room that's kept at a constant 58 degrees bad, then yes. It was miserably cold.
i feel like there are a million better places to take a bar exam than next to a six flags and a professional baseball stadium thats being used

El Pollito

Diamond

Post by El Pollito » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:This dwebby Justin Beeber looking dood in Vermont was crying during the second of the MBE. He was wearing sweatpants that had GEORGETOWN written on the ass.
LOL

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JenDarby

Diamond

Post by JenDarby » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:38 pm

A friend of mine got pissed on when he was at a urinal. The dude next to him started nervously shaking to the point that he couldn't hold steady. He pissed on the rim and it splashed all over my friends leg.

Other than hearing that story, it seemed pretty uneventful at Javits.

mephistopheles

Gold

Post by mephistopheles » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:46 pm

hous wrote:Had a girl break down in the middle of the PM MBE session in Florida. 3500 people in the convention center and this girl just starts yelling stuff about how beautiful the city was. Was nuts.

ha! i heard about this shit.. something about the proctor bothering her too

orm518

Bronze

Post by orm518 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:43 pm

aquasalad wrote:The plane came overhead every three to four minutes like clockwork, for two hours, and I'm pretty sure put me in some sort of hypnosis around question 175.

Sucked.
Jets. Goddamn jumbo jets during the MBE, every 4 minutes in Boston. The convention center is directly under the flight path for one of Logan's six runways...yep wind conditions decided to be just right that day.

spleenworship

Gold

Post by spleenworship » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:23 pm

El Pollito wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:This dwebby Justin Beeber looking dood in Vermont was crying during the second of the MBE. He was wearing sweatpants that had GEORGETOWN written on the ass.
LOL

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:43 pm

Sucked.
I was in Arlington for the bar and I didn't hear the plane at all - my earplugs were either crazy good or I have super concentration! I did hear people complaining about the plane after the exam though!

SEngland

Bronze

Post by SEngland » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:51 am

Did everyone's testing center have a proctor posted up in the bathroom the entire exam? I guess they want to avoid some Michael Corleone cheating type scenario.

portaprokoss

Bronze

Post by portaprokoss » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:52 pm

In VA, a bird flew into the rafters in the corner of the exam room and squawked for like 45 minutes.

Also, girl sitting across from me was as awkward as this kid, just saying pointless shit and staring for way too long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS9L8wjXBEk#t=10

Kalani111

New

Post by Kalani111 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:52 am

Five minutes in the beginning of the AM Essay session a guy besides me pushes his test aside and politely stands up and walks straight out of the convention center, never to be seen again. I had to laugh and soldier on.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rcharter1978

Gold

Post by rcharter1978 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:00 pm

Kalani111 wrote:Five minutes in the beginning of the AM Essay session a guy besides me pushes his test aside and politely stands up and walks straight out of the convention center, never to be seen again. I had to laugh and soldier on.
Wow, that's brutal. I wonder if he just read the first one and was like "fuck it" or if he read all three essays and was like "okay, I have no idea what's going on so imma leave"

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Neve wrote:

Sucked.
I was in Arlington for the bar and I didn't hear the plane at all - my earplugs were either crazy good or I have super concentration! I did hear people complaining about the plane after the exam though!
In February, we had a guy not return for the pm session, and the session was delayed because the proctors were all on a conference call with the NCBE. My guess is cheating.
I can honestly say I didn't hear a darn thing during the test, they could have dropped a grenade in the testing facility and I wouldn't have heard it.
In July 1989, things were different. The convention center in Boston had almost 5000 people in one big room, and immediately before the test a lady had a meltdown screaming "I knew that, I knew that." They had to walk her out. But the most memorable thing was being warned they lock the doors after lunch, and hearing the most heart rending wail from some girl who arrived late and wasn't admitted. It was very unnerving.

Smiddywesson

Bronze

Post by Smiddywesson » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:12 pm

Kalani111 wrote:Five minutes in the beginning of the AM Essay session a guy besides me pushes his test aside and politely stands up and walks straight out of the convention center, never to be seen again. I had to laugh and soldier on.
I had a brand new laptop for the test, but my wife's computer had problems so I gave it to her, registered my old one, and wiped the drive just to be safe. I tested it on 3 practice MPTs. Unfortunately, the touchpad had a glitch and I spent the whole day chasing the cursor, which randomly jumped around the page without warning. The result was I had to type with both palms raised, and I had to keep my eyes on the screen. My cursor button was also screwed, so every cut and paste wasted about two minutes. Needless to say I wanted to just walk out and throw the laptop off the parking garage, but I toughed it out. I'm very strong in the MBE, and hadn't done a single practice essay, the last essay I had done was Day One of the July, 1989 Massachusetts bar. Also, I hadn't a clue on several of the essays, and studied Trusts at lunch. I looked at it once before, but I actually learned it during the lunch break. LOL!

Passed! I don't have the scores, but that must have been one Hell of an MBE score, wow. :twisted:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”