Well . . . how do you feel after day one? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
LAWYER2

Silver

Well . . . how do you feel after day one?

Post by LAWYER2 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 pm

I felt like some parts were easy, some were harder (read MPT), but looking forward to hitting those MBEs tomorrow.

ap1987

New

Re: Well . . . how do you feel after day one?

Post by ap1987 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:31 pm

I felt like that MPT was pretty hard lol. Maybe I'm the only one though. Everything else I felt great about.

lalala21

Bronze

Post by lalala21 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 pm

Gah! I felt the same way. I felt okay about most of the essays on the whole, but two essays could have gone a lot better. It sucks to not know what a failing essay actually looks/feels like. Or even what a a 'barely passing essay' looks like... mer.

Indy2014

New

Post by Indy2014 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:35 pm

I feel like the MPT's were incredibly easy. Now I'm nervous since others think they were hard? What did I miss?? :|

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:39 pm

Both easier and harder than I expected. Certainly underestimated the character limit. Granted, I'm wordy as hell.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:48 pm

I'm pretty sure I'd be fired if I handed my MPT in to a Partner, lol.

I guess hard part is, you just don't know how you should feel. Totally different feeling from LS exams where it was okay to feel like you nailed it, and even when you didn't feel that way, you usually did ok. Just looking forward to getting my life back

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:50 pm

I felt much better than expected. The essays were kind of a cluster, but I kept my cool. I really think I did well in the MC. Granted, I expected to feel like crying/peeing my pants going in. It just seemed like the questions asked were the ones barbri gave us or were straight up in the outline. Those that weren't, were covered in a substantive course I took. I'm feeling pretty good and am looking forward to using this momentum going into tomorrow, which is weird because I almost always feel atrocious after tests. I think I've felt good twice in the history of law school. Either way, we're almost there!

pizzasodafries

Bronze

Post by pizzasodafries » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:04 pm

alicrimson wrote:I felt much better than expected. The essays were kind of a cluster, but I kept my cool. I really think I did well in the MC. Granted, I expected to feel like crying/peeing my pants going in. It just seemed like the questions asked were the ones barbri gave us or were straight up in the outline. Those that weren't, were covered in a substantive course I took. I'm feeling pretty good and am looking forward to using this momentum going into tomorrow, which is weird because I almost always feel atrocious after tests. I think I've felt good twice in the history of law school. Either way, we're almost there!
You are the first person I have seen say that, everyone i spoke with said it was 50% hit rate at best

mr_toad

Silver

Post by mr_toad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Character limit for MPT? Did I miss something? ... :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:07 pm

mr_toad wrote:Character limit for MPT? Did I miss something? ... :shock:
It was 9200 for me but I don't know if it varies state to state.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:09 pm

pizzasodafries wrote:
alicrimson wrote:I felt much better than expected. The essays were kind of a cluster, but I kept my cool. I really think I did well in the MC. Granted, I expected to feel like crying/peeing my pants going in. It just seemed like the questions asked were the ones barbri gave us or were straight up in the outline. Those that weren't, were covered in a substantive course I took. I'm feeling pretty good and am looking forward to using this momentum going into tomorrow, which is weird because I almost always feel atrocious after tests. I think I've felt good twice in the history of law school. Either way, we're almost there!
You are the first person I have seen say that, everyone i spoke with said it was 50% hit rate at best
I could be really wrong though...I mean, I'm not saying I was certain on 90%+, so not technically easy, but I felt like I knew the answers before I looked at the answer choice. I did take FL Civ Pro and I did study the outlines/distinctions a ton. I counted the number of questions that I felt certain about after I finished the test, and it was pretty good. Of course, none of us know. Like I said, I'm a horrible test predictor. I've done pretty much the same through out all of law school and have had the same grades on tests where I went home and cried in a corner and where I walked out and knew I booked a course. You just never know. I think I just found it better, because I expected it to be atrocious. So, my reality was better than my expectation. It would have had to be all dates and time lines for it to match up with my expectations.

amk110

New

Post by amk110 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:11 pm

I felt really good about it. Strangely good. Which concerns me, because I didn't do a single practice MPT, and only started reviewing the essay subjects three days before the exam.

I felt like our essays were deceptively easy. Testing 1-2 issues per essay. 4/6 were MBE subjects. Two of those were contracts.

pizzasodafries

Bronze

Post by pizzasodafries » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:14 pm

amk110 wrote:I felt really good about it. Strangely good. Which concerns me, because I didn't do a single practice MPT, and only started reviewing the essay subjects three days before the exam.

I felt like our essays were deceptively easy. Testing 1-2 issues per essay. 4/6 were MBE subjects. Two of those were contracts.
what state?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:14 pm

alicrimson wrote:
pizzasodafries wrote:
I could be really wrong though...I mean, I'm not saying I was certain on 90%+, so not technically easy, but I felt like I knew the answers before I looked at the answer choice. I did take FL Civ Pro and I did study the outlines/distinctions a ton. I counted the number of questions that I felt certain about after I finished the test, and it was pretty good. Of course, none of us know. Like I said, I'm a horrible test predictor. I've done pretty much the same through out all of law school and have had the same grades on tests where I went home and cried in a corner and where I walked out and knew I booked a course. You just never know. I think I just found it better, because I expected it to be atrocious. So, my reality was better than my expectation. It would have had to be all dates and time lines for it to match up with my expectations.
I agree about some questions being straight up what barbri told us, and I was pretty happy when something was that on the nose. And I felt good in general about it because I feel like so many were evidence, and I felt confident in those, then I trust my guessing skills on the 70%ish I didn't know.

july14bar

New

Post by july14bar » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:46 pm

My MPT was a mess. My format was decent and I followed directions but I feel like I kept repeating myself and my analysis was shallow. It was hard juggling all of the facts and cases/statutes in my head. I just can't craft a decent MPT answer in such a short timeframe. Subpar for sure. Luckily it's only 12% of my exam.

I felt pretty good about 5 or 6 out of 9 essays. I was able to regurgitate the BLL for the most part, although sometimes I would miss a factor or forget a state distinction. I also felt like I spotted most of the issues, although my analysis wasn't super in-depth.

I wasn't too confident about 3 or four out of 9 essays. For two, I don't know if I was on the right track at all but I spat some BLL, spotted a couple of issues, and tried to give some analysis. For a few subparts in these questions, I wrote no more than 2 or 3 sentences. Pretty messy.

I'm expecting around 140-145 scaled on the MBE.

My state has a pass rate around 75%-80%. 12% MPT, 38% essay, 50% MBE. Should I feel alright about passing?

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:10 pm

I hope the MPTs were easy because I thought they were. It was like going back to my old internship for 3 hours (without clicking through the entirety of Westlaw to make sure I didn't miss anything)

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:13 pm

Sandro wrote:I hope the MPTs were easy because I thought they were. It was like going back to my old internship for 3 hours (without clicking through the entirety of Westlaw to make sure I didn't miss anything)
I feel the opposite. I got destroyed by the MPTs. I did okay on one and totally botched the other. And I'm going to kick myself if I end up failing because I didn't take a day or two to practice the a few MPTs.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:24 pm

with respect to character limit, I took Nevada and was pretty sure there wasn't a character limit. Anyone know otherwise? (I guess it's a little too late now). I wrote a ton for each essay and the MPT. I just can't help it; I did the same thing in law school. I'm hoping they just ignore any parts they don't feel is relevant? as opposed to taking points off or something...

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:40 pm

Albatross wrote:
Sandro wrote:I hope the MPTs were easy because I thought they were. It was like going back to my old internship for 3 hours (without clicking through the entirety of Westlaw to make sure I didn't miss anything)
I feel the opposite. I got destroyed by the MPTs. I did okay on one and totally botched the other. And I'm going to kick myself if I end up failing because I didn't take a day or two to practice the a few MPTs.
What aspect of them made them hard? Maybe I missed something lol.

reasonable troll

Bronze

Post by reasonable troll » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:46 pm

mr_toad wrote:Character limit for MPT? Did I miss something? ... :shock:
saw this, had heart attack, googled frantically, no character limit in CA. yikes.

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:00 am

Sandro wrote:
Albatross wrote:
What aspect of them made them hard? Maybe I missed something lol.
I don't think they were necessarily difficult. They were both pretty straightforward actually. I just didn't have time to analyze all the relevant issues for the first one.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”