ExamSoft Upload Issues Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
skw

Bronze

ExamSoft Upload Issues

Post by skw » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:04 pm

I just finished Day 1 of my Bar Exam. Per the instructions, I went home, connected to the internet and then tried to upload my exam files. We must do this by midnight, or we are assigned a score of 0. After 4 failed attempts, I tried to manually upload. ExamSoft's website is crashing left and right and manual upload is not possible. I tried several more attempts at uploading through the software and the software said each was unsuccessful. I FINALLY got an email for each upload file that my uploads were successful (even though the software told me the uploads were unsuccessful) and after waiting for about 5 min for ExamSoft's online confirmation history to finally function, I was able to get confirmation my uploads succeeded. When I call ExamSoft (they are supposedly open until 6 or 6:30 PST), every option to speak with a human or even to check if your files uploaded disconnects me. Unbelievable. I have now saved the two confirmation emails and a screen shot of the confirmation page on their website. Still not sure the files are actually where they need to be. Has anyone else experienced this? Given that the sole function of this software is to store and upload files, in my estimation, it is an abysmal failure. And their support options? Laughable. OK. Rant over. Now on the the MBE.

yaffa9423

New

Re: ExamSoft Upload Issues

Post by yaffa9423 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Every test should be reviewed manually to ensure that they uploaded correctly. Additionally, the deadline should be extended.
Examsoft is a nightmare and NY should not be using them.
My computer crashed as I tried to press the finish button to the A.M. section.
The IT people at the Javits Center had no idea what they were doing. They were not IT people, but untrained people with vests.
I have no idea what was saved and what was not. This service is so incompetent that I have no faith that the program has saved my last versions of both tests.
Now, everything is crashing and I didn't successfully upload through examsoft, instead I get an error message. However, I magically got an email saying that my PM test was uploaded successfully.

mvpforme

Bronze

Post by mvpforme » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:18 pm

I most want to pass the bar so I can remove Examsoft from my life for good. It has been the bane of my existence since 1L year.

MoneyMay

Bronze

Post by MoneyMay » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:20 pm

mvpforme wrote:I most want to pass the bar so I can remove Examsoft from my life for good. It has been the bane of my existence since 1L year.
Agreed. I've had so many fucking problems with it. Our profession is fucking retarded.

UndecidedMN

Bronze

Post by UndecidedMN » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Hey guys, I used softest today. Not much better, everyone in MN cannot upload. Their servers are crashing

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bedefan

Bronze

Post by bedefan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Having the same problem, in IL. Won't upload automatically (says I'm not connected to the internet but I am -- look, I'm posting on TLS!). Try to follow the manual upload link -- website is down. Try calling the number -- busy signal.

Why why WHY don't they use exam4? That's what we did for my law school exams and it was, in my experience anyway, bug-free.

SisyphusHappy

Bronze

Post by SisyphusHappy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:23 pm

Fuck you Examsoft. Fuck you fuck you fuck you.

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:45 pm

I hate that everyone is having the same trouble I did. All I wanted to do after that stressful day was come home and chill out. Instead I spent an hour more stressed out over the bar than I have been at any time including prep and during the test itself. Anyhow, I take some comfort in knowing TLS threads get pulled into search engines and although ExamSoft is not likely to explain themselves to me, they're going to need to pull off one hell of a spin job to sell that POS to others in the future bc this thread will come up when prospective buyers google their pathetic product. Yay TLS! And it's not even defamation. Because it's true. Guess I learned something useful during bar prep after all. Hehe.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dmansh55

New

Post by dmansh55 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:49 pm

So what do we do? MN requires us to have our answers uploaded by 9. My MPT has uploaded, but now Softtest won't even try to upload my MEE. The upload window doesn't even pop up. The line is busy and no one is available on the support chat. If I can get the manual upload page to load, all it does is show me which answers I've uploaded.

I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown, literally, and I just want to relax and try to collect myself for tomorrow.

LSAT Taker

Bronze

Post by LSAT Taker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Same problem in GA. I have been sitting in front of my computer for almost 3 hours now when I really need to be cramming for MBE.

mr_toad

Silver

Post by mr_toad » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:58 pm

Not as freaked as all of you with deadlines tonight (NY is tomorrow), but this is still atrocious. There doesn't seem to be a good failsafe, just two options, both of which depend on having enough connectivity/ports/etc....

frid3v

New

Post by frid3v » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:59 pm

Same problem here in Ohio. I know some of my peers have gotten theirs in, but the automatic upload page won't even come up any more and I was on the last one exam that needed to be uploaded. This is so stressful and I just wanted to review for the MBE tomorrow and relax. Thanks examsoft. Great job

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Reading about everyone's ExamSoft issues makes me want to write my exam on Thursday.

Lawlyer

New

Post by Lawlyer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Press release from Examsoft:

http://imgur.com/skYFCum

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:12 pm

skw wrote:I just finished Day 1 of my Bar Exam. Per the instructions, I went home, connected to the internet and then tried to upload my exam files. We must do this by midnight, or we are assigned a score of 0. After 4 failed attempts, I tried to manually upload. ExamSoft's website is crashing left and right and manual upload is not possible. I tried several more attempts at uploading through the software and the software said each was unsuccessful. I FINALLY got an email for each upload file that my uploads were successful (even though the software told me the uploads were unsuccessful) and after waiting for about 5 min for ExamSoft's online confirmation history to finally function, I was able to get confirmation my uploads succeeded. When I call ExamSoft (they are supposedly open until 6 or 6:30 PST), every option to speak with a human or even to check if your files uploaded disconnects me. Unbelievable. I have now saved the two confirmation emails and a screen shot of the confirmation page on their website. Still not sure the files are actually where they need to be. Has anyone else experienced this? Given that the sole function of this software is to store and upload files, in my estimation, it is an abysmal failure. And their support options? Laughable. OK. Rant over. Now on the the MBE.
This was my experience exactly - down to the program telling me time after time that my upload had failed, and then receiving email confirmation that my files had uploaded (?). (Of course, the successful upload emails were jammed in the middle of tons of upload failure emails.) So, who knows. Very frustrating.

obiwankenobi

New

Post by obiwankenobi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:27 pm

Suggestion: how about the people who don't have to turn our exams in by midnight tonight (like us NYers who have until 8:30pm tomorrow) try after midnight tonight to free up the servers for those who need to upload immediately?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pizzasodafries

Bronze

Post by pizzasodafries » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:31 pm

Anyone in Ohio

ExamSoft @ExamSoft · 1m
Ohio bar exam takers ONLY: The ohio bar has moved the deadline to TOMORROW at 10pm. Please relax/rest for tomorrow and upload another time

SisyphusHappy

Bronze

Post by SisyphusHappy » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:55 pm

obiwankenobi wrote:Suggestion: how about the people who don't have to turn our exams in by midnight tonight (like us NYers who have until 8:30pm tomorrow) try after midnight tonight to free up the servers for those who need to upload immediately?
I recognize TITCR, but my laptop is going to spend all day tomorrow locked in my car. I'm convinced someone is going to steal it or it'll overheat and crash the HD, then I'm totally fucked. I cannot handle the thought of that.

Georgia Avenue

Bronze

Post by Georgia Avenue » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:56 pm

Anyone's Examsoft not even auto-uploading anymore? The manual upload takes me to a blank page.

gabartaker

New

Post by gabartaker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:57 pm

I uploaded my exam, and midway through, my internet dropped out. I never got a notification in the software that I had successfully uploaded, but when I go to the website, its there. Now the software is still trying to upload the exam, and it won't upload. To anyone who has experience with examsoft, have you ever seen a file get 'partially uploaded'? I'm very concerned the bar isn't gonna get the whole file, and I can't re-upload.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JLJ

New

Post by JLJ » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:58 pm

SisyphusHappy wrote:Fuck you Examsoft. Fuck you fuck you fuck you.
This. And another fuck you!

At least reading this forum makes me feel slightly better even though my situation has not improved.

bedefan

Bronze

Post by bedefan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:00 pm

IL still isn't working.

An hour ago got this message:
Dear Applicant,

We received the following message from ExamSoft.

Message from ExamSoft: We would like to let you know that we are currently experiencing slow response times at our co-location facility. Unfortunately, this is delaying applicant uploads. We are researching the issue and hope to have it resolved quickly. In the meantime, we are informing applicants via our website, live support lines, text messages and social media. We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

We will contact you if we do not receive your answers. If for some reason you are unable to upload by the 2 a.m. deadline we will still accept your answers.

Kind Regards,

Illinois Board of Admissions to the Bar

gothamm

Silver

Post by gothamm » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:06 pm

California reporting in. I uploaded my exam file during lunch break today and it uploaded just fine. Now that im in my hotel room after the performance test, it refuses to upload. Their servers are just overwhelmed right now is my guess

lmr

Bronze

Post by lmr » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:12 pm

gothamm wrote:California reporting in. I uploaded my exam file during lunch break today and it uploaded just fine. Now that im in my hotel room after the performance test, it refuses to upload. Their servers are just overwhelmed right now is my guess
What's the CA deadline? Thursday? Also did you get an error? There's no way the work isn't saved right? It's still somewhere back there?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”