ExamSoft Upload Issues Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
beachbum

Gold

Re: ExamSoft Upload Issues

Post by beachbum » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:14 pm

But seriously a refund would help soothe the pain.

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:18 pm

beachbum wrote:But seriously a refund would help soothe the pain.
This!!! We paid for a fairly straightforward software package. We did not receive what we paid for. At least a partial refund is warranted.

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:20 pm

ExamSoft ‏@ExamSoft 51s
Upload manually at --LinkRemoved-- (picture attached shows what button to hit) #barexam #examsoft pic.twitter.com/cINb5pyu3X

Details
You have got to be kidding me... their solution is to send us to a URL called "man up"?? I'm glad you think this is a fucking joke, ExamSoft, but I don't think you realize that they literally closed a giant garage door in the Javits center today to preserve the integrity of the exam by ensuring that NO PERSON ENTERS OR LEAVES UNTIL THE ANNOUNCEMENT IS MADE

I need a klonopin.

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:22 pm

skw wrote:
This!!! We paid for a fairly straightforward software package. We did not receive what we paid for. At least a partial refund is warranted.
You're forgetting all of those you're doing this at your own risk, we might lose your files, you really can't trust us, we don't know what we're doing screens you had to accept

fish tacos

Bronze

Post by fish tacos » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Same problem as OP here in NC. Why did I get confirmation emails when I never saw a successful green screen? Why does the auto-upload still try (and fail) upon opening examsoft if the files have been uploaded?

This sucks so, so bad. I can't even put into words the stress.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nomdeplume

New

Post by nomdeplume » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 pm

CT bar examinee checking in. I am absolutely filled with rage right now. What a failure.

crEEp

Bronze

Post by crEEp » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:26 pm

Here's the best part: examsoft is literally spyware. It's always running in the background--always. It's watching those files in those secret directories like a hawk, and any attempt to modify those files triggers the character & fitness gestapo

kgraham

New

Post by kgraham » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:31 pm

Wow. This makes me feel better reading all these posts... I am in North Carolina, and I have until 11:59 pm to upload my essays from today. I tried as soon as at got home and have been trying all evening with NO LUCK. I am experiencing the same issues that people are stating above, primarily that the program says I don't have an internet connection WHICH I DO! I was so paranoid that I am now sitting a Starbucks trying to upload these damn answers and no luck. And the manual upload webpage is basically frozen in time. The support phone number disconnects and I am not getting any feedback from the support email provided. I need to be reviewing for the MBE right now, not stressing about this damn software. OMG!

I have not heard anything from the NC Board of Law Examiners about this issue, or if Softest/ExamSoft whatever the hell its called, has a down server. Is this true?!? What are other states hearing?? Is the server down??

THANKS GOOD LUCK BAES

txadv11

Silver

Post by txadv11 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:33 pm

I know that I, nor anyone on here can give assurances. But for those freaking out keep in mind the sheer number (check twitter) of people experiencing problems. I'm pretty confident that all the state bar associations will make reasonable extensions. I think the policy of "use a computer @ your own risk" applies more to the computer crashing, freezing, or failing to save on the machine. Again, those of us taking the exam can't "know", but strength in numbers and all that....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

skw

Bronze

Post by skw » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:36 pm

crEEp wrote:
skw wrote:
You're forgetting all of those you're doing this at your own risk, we might lose your files, you really can't trust us, we don't know what we're doing screens you had to accept
Haha. I don't think I am contractually entitled to a refund. I think ExamSoft should consider offering it as a good faith contract modification given the unforeseen circumstance of its epic failure to deliver any semblance of functionality. I suspect this will be a PR debacle for them if this thread is any indication of national sentiment. Which was my intention in starting it. So I'm feeling good about that at least.

tenntaker

New

Post by tenntaker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 pm

same problem here in Tennessee. My girlfriend took Day 1 of the TN bar exam today and has been struggling with the same problems many of you have indicated.

She did just now get an email from ExamSoft tech support acknowledging the problem and telling her to use Chrome or Firefox instead of Safari. 20 minutes before the damned deadline

AJS30

Bronze

Post by AJS30 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:41 pm

Uh now when I go into examsoft it doesn't even pop up that its trying to upload my exam files? every time I tried in the last few hours it automatically did tried to start to upload and now its not and my files have not been upload successfully...???

bedefan

Bronze

Post by bedefan » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:45 pm

AJS30 wrote:Uh now when I go into examsoft it doesn't even pop up that its trying to upload my exam files? every time I tried in the last few hours it automatically did tried to start to upload and now its not and my files have not been upload successfully...???
Mine just did the same thing. I guess this means I can go to bed.

Yes, I'm that tired.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Did anyone do the manual upload? Even that seemed secretive. I'd try to log in and had to end up clicking around in the left hand corner. Then, I uploaded something with my bar number, the date, AM, a weird string of numbers, and "final" from the answers file. Idk if that helps, but that's what I did. It took a lot of refreshing.

To anyone that did do this, did your confirmation look the same?

tenntaker

New

Post by tenntaker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 pm

AJS30 wrote:Uh now when I go into examsoft it doesn't even pop up that its trying to upload my exam files? every time I tried in the last few hours it automatically did tried to start to upload and now its not and my files have not been upload successfully...???

Hello. My girlfriend told me to tell you that ExamSoft told her that after a certain number of failed automatic uploads, the software will stop attempting to automatically upload. That's when you have to manually upload. I say this theoretically, because we can't get the manual upload to work either.

AJS30

Bronze

Post by AJS30 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:51 pm

alicrimson wrote:Did anyone do the manual upload? Even that seemed secretive. I'd try to log in and had to end up clicking around in the left hand corner. Then, I uploaded something with my bar number, the date, AM, a weird string of numbers, and "final" from the answers file. Idk if that helps, but that's what I did. It took a lot of refreshing.

How do you manually upload it?

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:52 pm

tenntaker wrote:

Hello. My girlfriend told me to tell you that ExamSoft told her that after a certain number of failed automatic uploads, the software will stop attempting to automatically upload. That's when you have to manually upload. I say this theoretically, because we can't get the manual upload to work either.
I used the silly manup link and that took me to a login if I hit refresh enough times. From there, I used my information, but had to do it quickly. If I didn't, the page would go blank. I'd hit refresh. Once I was able to enter credentials and hit submit, some mystery page would load with a header and "history" at the top. Eventually, we started clicking "history" and the logo in the left hand corner. Somehow this prompted the upload page to actually work. Really stupid system.
Last edited by alicrimson on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tenntaker

New

Post by tenntaker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:53 pm

AJS30 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:Did anyone do the manual upload? Even that seemed secretive. I'd try to log in and had to end up clicking around in the left hand corner. Then, I uploaded something with my bar number, the date, AM, a weird string of numbers, and "final" from the answers file. Idk if that helps, but that's what I did. It took a lot of refreshing.

try examsoft.com/manup in Firefox or Chrome. That will take you to a log-in page. Where we have been for ten minutes waiting for the page to actually load.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:54 pm

tenntaker wrote:
AJS30 wrote:

try examsoft.com/manup in Firefox or Chrome. That will take you to a log-in page. Where we have been for ten minutes waiting for the page to actually load.
I had that same problem! I started clicking history and the logo in the left hand corner. Don't remember which. The upload page certainly didn't load itself though.

yaffa9423

New

Post by yaffa9423 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:55 pm

--LinkRemoved--

greenjuice

New

Post by greenjuice » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:58 pm

now the program won't even open on my mac... i just get the rainbow pinwheel and i have to force quit. anyone else...?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:01 pm

greenjuice wrote:now the program won't even open on my mac... i just get the rainbow pinwheel and i have to force quit. anyone else...?
Try manual. After a while, examsoft got pissy on my mac too. That, and it refused to recognize that I was on the internet. It'll sort out. Just keep calm and keep trying.

HarveyGrutz

New

Post by HarveyGrutz » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Anyone else having the problem where the manup page only leads to a history of your uploads? My AM session was uploaded by my PM wasn't. It won't manually upload for me anymore and I can't seem to get to the manual upload page....

tenntaker

New

Post by tenntaker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:06 pm

HarveyGrutz wrote:Anyone else having the problem where the manup page only leads to a history of your uploads? My AM session was uploaded by my PM wasn't. It won't manually upload for me anymore and I can't seem to get to the manual upload page....
Yes -- same problem -- except the only message we got was that the mock exam that she took days ago had been successfully uploaded.

tenntaker

New

Post by tenntaker » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:10 pm

tenntaker wrote:
HarveyGrutz wrote:Anyone else having the problem where the manup page only leads to a history of your uploads? My AM session was uploaded by my PM wasn't. It won't manually upload for me anymore and I can't seem to get to the manual upload page....
Yes -- same problem -- except the only message we got was that the mock exam that she took days ago had been successfully uploaded.
Just now she got an email from the TN bar saying the problem is nationwide, and that the TN deadline is now tomorrow night at 9:00 p.m. I assume all of you will be hearing from your respective bars if you haven't done so already.

Thanks to all for the group therapy.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”