should i take overthecounter sleep meds tonight? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
objctnyrhnr

should i take overthecounter sleep meds tonight?

Post by objctnyrhnr » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:26 am

I am on the fence about whether to do this. These things work wonders for me, but I almost feel a bit groggy when I wake up. On the other hand, whe nI am stressed about something and I do not take them, I can never sleep. Been getting some real quality sleep the past few nights, so I might be able to still be on top of my game if I do end up getting a small amount of sleep.

Anybody else worried about sleep tonight?

KD35

Silver

Re: should i take overthecounter sleep meds tonight?

Post by KD35 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:28 am

Not in your situation but what I think is: The night before a big important moment/test/opportunity, you never want to take something that you do not normally take. So if you do not normally take sleeping meds, then don't take them tonight. It'd be bad if you had a bad reaction to it and slept through or never really felt awake.

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:31 am

I'd definitely worried about sleep so I'm literally getting into bed at 8pm and just lying there.

I don't know if I'd take a sleeping pill because I'd be worried I'd be sleeping too deeply/not really up for anything when I wake up. Whenever I take over the counter sleeping pills I always sleep through my alarms ... but that's just me.

objctnyrhnr

Post by objctnyrhnr » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:39 am

sorry--to clarify, I have been taking these things between 2 and 5 nights a week since April. They definitely give me great sleep (I use an ap that tracks the sleep and there is definitely a difference).

Maybe I should just take it and try to go to sleep really early?

numbertwo88

Bronze

Post by numbertwo88 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:44 am

objctnyrhnr wrote:sorry--to clarify, I have been taking these things between 2 and 5 nights a week since April. They definitely give me great sleep (I use an ap that tracks the sleep and there is definitely a difference).

Maybe I should just take it and try to go to sleep really early?
I'd definitely go to sleep really early to be on the safe side

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”