Barbri Simulated Final Exam video Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
tepper

Bronze

Barbri Simulated Final Exam video

Post by tepper » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Dear barbri folks, are you guys going to watch the explanation video for the SFE or just review the written answer key? There are 6 of the videos and it'll take at least 7 hours. So I was wondering what people are doing with regard to that. Thanks.

lalala21

Bronze

Re: Barbri Simulated Final Exam video

Post by lalala21 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:01 pm

I am watching them on 1.5 speed right now and taking very general notes. I am also marking a few that I want to go back to and read the explanation. I know a lot of people on here think the review videos are useless, and I see where they are coming from, but I have found them semi-helpful. I have followed barbri pretty closely so far (I have sometimes substituted CMR/notes review for flashcard work and added in some different MBE sets), so I figured I might as well continue to follow the paced program.

I am sure my answer isn't very helpful. Everyone learns differently. I would do whatever helps you learn the material.

bigstumpdriver

New

Post by bigstumpdriver » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:03 pm

I follow barbri paced program. BUT this isa case where I can't. I just can't watch 8 hours of silly videos this close to the test.

I'm reading it in the book and then going to do more practice problems. I just can't watch more lectures I just can't.

Xferr

Bronze

Post by Xferr » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:23 am

lalala21 wrote:I am watching them on 1.5 speed right now and taking very general notes. I am also marking a few that I want to go back to and read the explanation. I know a lot of people on here think the review videos are useless, and I see where they are coming from, but I have found them semi-helpful. I have followed barbri pretty closely so far (I have sometimes substituted CMR/notes review for flashcard work and added in some different MBE sets), so I figured I might as well continue to follow the paced program.

I am sure my answer isn't very helpful. Everyone learns differently. I would do whatever helps you learn the material.
It's not that people think they're useless or completely unhelpful. It's that the time is much better spent elsewhere. They're very time consuming and cover stuff that you might know pretty well already. Now, with time becoming increasingly scarce, there's usually something better you can do to get your points up.

lalala21

Bronze

Post by lalala21 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Xferr wrote:
lalala21 wrote:I am watching them on 1.5 speed right now and taking very general notes. I am also marking a few that I want to go back to and read the explanation. I know a lot of people on here think the review videos are useless, and I see where they are coming from, but I have found them semi-helpful. I have followed barbri pretty closely so far (I have sometimes substituted CMR/notes review for flashcard work and added in some different MBE sets), so I figured I might as well continue to follow the paced program.

It's not that people think they're useless or completely unhelpful. It's that the time is much better spent elsewhere. They're very time consuming and cover stuff that you might know pretty well already. Now, with time becoming increasingly scarce, there's usually something better you can do to get your points up.
I think we are saying essentially the same thing. Do what works best for you. For me hearing the rules and such again is helpful, especially since so much of my time is spent reading the rules. It is nice to change it up sometimes. Maybe for other people there is "something better" to do. Just depends on how you learn.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”