MPT Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
lsutiger1987

New

MPT

Post by lsutiger1987 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:56 pm

The MPT section is really scaring me. I looked at the lecture and I'm so confused. Should I be worried?

Miznitic

Bronze

Re: MPT

Post by Miznitic » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:21 pm

The MPT is the easiest section if you've had any practical experience. Everything is self contained within it. Easy points.

thelawyerguy

New

Post by thelawyerguy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:25 pm

What exactly is scaring you about it? You should read over some finished answers to see what the end products are supposed to look like.

july14bar

New

Post by july14bar » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:04 pm

I was reading some advice for the MPT and someone strongly suggested memorizing the format for each type of document. I was under the impression that they will give you the format 50% of the time and when they don't, you're supposed to use the elements of the cause of action as the format. Is that correct? Is there anything worth memorizing for the MPT or should you just be doing practice questions?

Helpful

New

Post by Helpful » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:33 am

july14bar wrote:I was reading some advice for the MPT and someone strongly suggested memorizing the format for each type of document. I was under the impression that they will give you the format 50% of the time and when they don't, you're supposed to use the elements of the cause of action as the format. Is that correct? Is there anything worth memorizing for the MPT or should you just be doing practice questions?
I was curious about this as well -- I'm pretty confident about the exercise in general, but somewhat confused about the various formats that I might not have learned in LS. Wondering whether I should memorize them, or just rely on the MPT itself to provide that to me.

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:05 pm

Know at least the following:
  • Brief writing (though if they have a style, go with whats in the file)
  • Interrogatories
  • Legal Memo
  • Motion Basics
Most critically, write to the correct audience.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”