Barbri paced program question? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
alicrimson

Silver

Re: Barbri paced program question?

Post by alicrimson » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:57 pm

MoneyMay wrote:FL had a girl freakout and start yelling in the middle of the exam. That's what a fucked up MBE will do to ya.
It's either her second or third year taking the exam. She was a c/o 2013 grad...I feel bad for her. She was a couple rows behind me, so it was kinda disruptive...but still. Sucks.

She was screaming and pounding the desk. It went on for a while and they moved the guy at her table before they actually moved her. Ridiculous. Also, I feel for the girl behind her. At one point, freak out girl turned around put her hand beneath her chin and just stared at her. Really? Absurd.
Last edited by alicrimson on Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

igo2northwestern

Bronze

Post by igo2northwestern » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:58 pm

So were we supposed to get 50% or so, in order to hit median on MBE? 60%?

pkt63

Bronze

Post by pkt63 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:58 pm

LAWYER2 wrote:
MoneyMay wrote:FL had a girl freakout and start yelling in the middle of the exam. That's what a fucked up MBE will do to ya.
Aw, that sux. I was actually looking for anyone who looked like they might pop. I did see a gal crying before the AM session, but I wanted no part of that negative energy.

I didn't feel any kind of way. The entire AM/PM seemed entirely do-able and straight forward. There were a couple property that I was like WTF, but other than that I felt ok.

Someone posted a method awhile back about going through the exam and marking each question by subject then doing one subject at a time. I consistently practiced using that method and did it on the exam today. I felt in control of the exam. We'll see if it works Oct 4th!
OCTOBER 4th?? OMG, I love my home state like crazy but honestly, it is difficult to stay positive when I still have one day of testing and 4 MONTHS of waiting…makes me seriously consider what it would take to make me leave this place.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:01 am

pkt63 wrote: OCTOBER 4th?? OMG, I love my home state like crazy but honestly, it is difficult to stay positive when I still have one day of testing and 4 MONTHS of waiting…makes me seriously consider what it would take to make me leave this place.
Do you know how dates work?

lmr

Bronze

Post by lmr » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:08 am

Flips88 wrote:
pkt63 wrote: OCTOBER 4th?? OMG, I love my home state like crazy but honestly, it is difficult to stay positive when I still have one day of testing and 4 MONTHS of waiting…makes me seriously consider what it would take to make me leave this place.
Do you know how dates work?
She/he is in CA and gets her results on Nov 21….seriously picking a fight over DATES?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MoneyMay

Bronze

Post by MoneyMay » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:15 am

alicrimson wrote:
It's either her second or third year taking the exam. She was a c/o 2013 grad...I feel bad for her. She was a couple rows behind me, so it was kinda disruptive...but still. Sucks.

She was screaming and pounding the desk. It went on for a while and they moved the guy at her table before they actually moved her. Ridiculous. Also, I feel for the girl behind her. At one point, freak out girl turned around put her hand beneath her chin and just stared at her. Really? Absurd.
Yeah I feel bad too but... I don't know. I was on the complete opposite side of the room and everyone heard her too and it was disruptive for us so I can't imagine how it was for you all on that side. I sort of feel bad for her, but I sort of don't because she is disturbing an exam for thousands of people.

AJS30

Bronze

Post by AJS30 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:05 pm

Also glad that one of the things I was going to do yesterday was what the woman who gave the crim simulated MBE lecture suggested, which she learned when she took her real estate licensing exam. She suggested on scrap paper to make columns and put the questions down you had to skip in one column and then another with the ones you wabted to go back and check. Meanwhile no scrap paper was provided for the MBE.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:08 pm

AJS30 wrote:Also glad that one of the things I was going to do yesterday was what the woman who gave the crim simulated MBE lecture suggested, which she learned when she took her real estate licensing exam. She suggested on scrap paper to make columns and put the questions down you had to skip in one column and then another with the ones you wabted to go back and check. Meanwhile no scrap paper was provided for the MBE.

i thought about that halfway through

glad I didn't listen to her advice.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:26 pm

Anyone have a weird civ pro MEE essay at least I think it was civ pro) about an injunction? I also had the shitty corps essay, and then a weird Family law MEE. This bar exam was utterly terrible. From a ridiculous MBE to ridiculous essays my chances of passes are extremely low.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:36 pm

jaydizzle wrote:Anyone have a weird civ pro MEE essay at least I think it was civ pro) about an injunction? I also had the shitty corps essay, and then a weird Family law MEE. This bar exam was utterly terrible. From a ridiculous MBE to ridiculous essays my chances of passes are extremely low.

I thought we couldn't talk about the exam? Anyhow, yes and yes, the questions you mentioned were hella weird! Everyone pointed them out after the exam (the Corporation one anyway).

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:46 pm

LAWYER2 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Anyone have a weird civ pro MEE essay at least I think it was civ pro) about an injunction? I also had the shitty corps essay, and then a weird Family law MEE. This bar exam was utterly terrible. From a ridiculous MBE to ridiculous essays my chances of passes are extremely low.

I thought we couldn't talk about the exam? Anyhow, yes and yes, the questions you mentioned were hella weird! Everyone pointed them out after the exam (the Corporation one anyway).

Oh whoops. I assumed no specifics about the exam. I was trying to be general. I was just inquiring if others had other challenging essays besides Corporations. Ugh. What a nightmare. None of the Barbri essays were this challenging.

bigstumpdriver

New

Post by bigstumpdriver » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:49 pm

:mrgreen:
jaydizzle wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote:

Oh whoops. I assumed no specifics about the exam. I was trying to be general. I was just inquiring if others had other challenging essays besides Corporations.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:29 pm

Barbri beat us over the head with super long and hard questions about RAP, deeds, mortgages etc.... and then the mbe questions were all about the shit they barely touched on.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AJS30

Bronze

Post by AJS30 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:09 pm

http://www.ncbex.org/assets/media_files ... ridged.pdf

I just read the article written by the President of NCBE....thinks students should be learning whats needed on the bar exam in school instead of through bar review courses

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:23 am

AJS30 wrote:http://www.ncbex.org/assets/media_files ... ridged.pdf

I just read the article written by the President of NCBE....thinks students should be learning whats needed on the bar exam in school instead of through bar review courses
We were discussing this too, someone raised a great point that if they did, law schools couldn't charge you for three years worth of tuition!

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:00 am

I missed bubbled DOB on one of the MBE scan trons. Does it matter. I am a bit spooked.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:08 am

jarofsoup wrote:I missed bubbled DOB on one of the MBE scan trons. Does it matter. I am a bit spooked.

LoL, me too, I'm sure it'll be fine though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sam9317

New

Post by sam9317 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:38 pm

jd20132013 wrote:there were so many times when i read the fact patterns beginning, thought i knew what to expect, and then they threw in a new twist I'd never seen before.

wild. felt better after the 100 question SFE than I did after this. don't know if its just being tired.

stuck at an airport so just venting a bit. nervous energy still here lol

This is exactly what I thought, not only the fact pattern had new twists, even some of the answer choices were just "creative"

angua

Bronze

Post by angua » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:43 am

bigstumpdriver wrote::mrgreen:
jaydizzle wrote:
LAWYER2 wrote:

Oh whoops. I assumed no specifics about the exam. I was trying to be general. I was just inquiring if others had other challenging essays besides Corporations.
All I have to say about the MEE is f**k you BARBRI for completely missing the boat on this one.

Neve

Bronze

Post by Neve » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:05 pm

During Barbri bar study, I found myself wishing that I had taken Real Estate Transactions in law school - it would have helped so much with both the MBE and the Texas property essays.

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Neve wrote:

During Barbri bar study, I found myself wishing that I had taken Real Estate Transactions in law school - it would have helped so much with both the MBE and the Texas property essays.

I took RET only because there were no other classes in the time frame I needed. I am really glad I did because it really helped with all the mortgage questions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LAWYER2

Silver

Post by LAWYER2 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:08 pm

I keep getting course survey request from Barbri. How about I see my results BEFORE completing the survey!

nygrrrl

Gold

Post by nygrrrl » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:39 pm

LAWYER2 wrote:I keep getting course survey request from Barbri. How about I see my results BEFORE completing the survey!
I finally did the survey and said exactly that!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”