CT Bar July 2014 Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
rawrab

New

CT Bar July 2014

Post by rawrab » Tue May 27, 2014 3:15 pm

Anyone else studying for the good ole CT bar? I figured this would be a nice way to procrastinate...

jaydizzle

Silver

Re: CT Bar July 2014

Post by jaydizzle » Tue May 27, 2014 5:53 pm

rawrab wrote:Anyone else studying for the good ole CT bar? I figured this would be a nice way to procrastinate...
Right here bro. :) I am already behind and class just started.

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Tue May 27, 2014 9:01 pm

yeah I spent all memorial day catching up on all the pre class barbri stuff I fell behind on which was fun.... I'm trying to stick with doing everything barbri says because I got a 38/100 on the diagnostic :shock: :cry:

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Wed May 28, 2014 5:38 am

I am definitely not going to depress myself by taking a diagnostic haha.

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Fri May 30, 2014 4:12 pm

did you do the practice essay yet assigned for today? I am going to fail the bar man I got in the significantly below passing range shittt

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Fri May 30, 2014 5:27 pm

I worked on Torts and Contracts on the online program. I didn't do any work today and won't be able to due to commitments this weekend. I hope I can catch up! I am doing pretty poorly on the question sets though.

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:30 pm

hows it going?

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:17 pm

rawrab wrote:hows it going?
I am quite a bit behind right now :(. I really need to start putting in 6 hours a day. I'm not used to studying so much so this is quite difficult for me. I am getting scores at average or slightly below on the MBE questions, and I really haven't done essays other than think of the answer in my head our outline because without knowing the law I think it's pointless.

How about you? Hopefully you are having better luck.

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:45 pm

I've been doing a fair amount of studying but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere really, not doing great on MBE questions at all. I agree about the essays, I'm not going to sit there and write it out if I don't remember any of the law yet. Seems like the key is to just memorize an insane amount of info, and I have the worst memory ever so this is gonna suck haha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:55 pm

rawrab wrote:I've been doing a fair amount of studying but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere really, not doing great on MBE questions at all. I agree about the essays, I'm not going to sit there and write it out if I don't remember any of the law yet. Seems like the key is to just memorize an insane amount of info, and I have the worst memory ever so this is gonna suck haha
I am hoping that if I at least look at the essays and the answers it will help next month. They don't seem bad, it's just a matter of remembering things. I think I can write an essay to any of the prompts if I remember the law. I think I good strategy will be to focus on the MBE and knowing how to get a high score on the MPT as well.

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:19 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
rawrab wrote:I've been doing a fair amount of studying but I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere really, not doing great on MBE questions at all. I agree about the essays, I'm not going to sit there and write it out if I don't remember any of the law yet. Seems like the key is to just memorize an insane amount of info, and I have the worst memory ever so this is gonna suck haha
I am hoping that if I at least look at the essays and the answers it will help next month. They don't seem bad, it's just a matter of remembering things. I think I can write an essay to any of the prompts if I remember the law. I think I good strategy will be to focus on the MBE and knowing how to get a high score on the MPT as well.
yeah I had never even heard of the MPT before like a week ago, that was a shock haha

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:53 pm

rawrab wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
yeah I had never even heard of the MPT before like a week ago, that was a shock haha

Sup? How goes it? The essays do not seem that terrible. The CT topics seem to be almost never tested. The Barbri frequency chart will be helpful this month, but it would be nice to figure out what particular rules/topics are pretty much always tests so can focus a day or 2 on memorizing them.

My MBE scores are terrible. They are either right on the average or slightly below or completely below average depending on the set I take. I am going to do pretty much only do MBE work this week I guess.

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Yeah I saw that secured transactions and commercial paper are ranked (12th and 14th) in terms of frequently tested on the essays, and I don't get these subjects at all. Like I have no idea what any of it means. If we only have 6 essays I'm wondering how much I should put into learning them.

My MBE is meh, I took the barbri sim and got 114, which I'm not sure would be enough to pass at this point. I haven't memorized anything for the essays. ugh really feeling shitty as of this moment. Hope you're doing better than me!

I'm really happy about the MPT at this point bc at least I don't have to memorize anything, although I didn't do that great on the graded barbri one.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:09 pm

rawrab wrote:Yeah I saw that secured transactions and commercial paper are ranked (12th and 14th) in terms of frequently tested on the essays, and I don't get these subjects at all. Like I have no idea what any of it means. If we only have 6 essays I'm wondering how much I should put into learning them.

My MBE is meh, I took the barbri sim and got 114, which I'm not sure would be enough to pass at this point. I haven't memorized anything for the essays. ugh really feeling shitty as of this moment. Hope you're doing better than me!

I'm really happy about the MPT at this point bc at least I don't have to memorize anything, although I didn't do that great on the graded barbri one.
Nope. I did worse. :(. It looks like I need to read through all of my notes from the lectures thoroughly.

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:24 am

I'm sure you're gonna rock it. I know people go through a lot of rough shit in their lives that is way worse than this but to me this is by far the worst thing I have ever gone though. I just seriously can't wait until this is over.

How are you thinking you're going to memorize stuff for essays? I am so overwhelmed by the amount to memorize and am seriously running out of time.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:43 am

rawrab wrote:I'm sure you're gonna rock it. I know people go through a lot of rough shit in their lives that is way worse than this but to me this is by far the worst thing I have ever gone though. I just seriously can't wait until this is over.

How are you thinking you're going to memorize stuff for essays? I am so overwhelmed by the amount to memorize and am seriously running out of time.
Since my MBE needs drastic improvement, I am going to focus on that and just read the essays. I don't know if this is the right strategy, but I do fine on the essays when I have a vague idea of the law.

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am

Sup? The trusts essays are terrible. Question 3 was ridiculous. I literally had no idea how to answer it. My MBE is improving to at least average levels for questions. It's the essays that are really scaring me now. What if I can't even get a thought down for 1 of them? Ugh.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rawrab

New

Post by rawrab » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:35 am

jaydizzle wrote:Sup? The trusts essays are terrible. Question 3 was ridiculous. I literally had no idea how to answer it. My MBE is improving to at least average levels for questions. It's the essays that are really scaring me now. What if I can't even get a thought down for 1 of them? Ugh.
Totally agree with you the trusts, secured transactions and commercial paper essays are really freaking me out too. I just don't know how much time I should devote spending to learning them. Feeling like shit today. That's awesome your mbe is improving, I've pretty much stayed at average for a month now with no improvement which is frustrating. I can't f-ing do this anymore!!!!!!!

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:37 am

rawrab wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:Sup? The trusts essays are terrible. Question 3 was ridiculous. I literally had no idea how to answer it. My MBE is improving to at least average levels for questions. It's the essays that are really scaring me now. What if I can't even get a thought down for 1 of them? Ugh.
Totally agree with you the trusts, secured transactions and commercial paper essays are really freaking me out too. I just don't know how much time I should devote spending to learning them. Feeling like shit today. That's awesome your mbe is improving, I've pretty much stayed at average for a month now with no improvement which is frustrating. I can't f-ing do this anymore!!!!!!!
Not alone buddy. :( It seems like secured is almost tested and Trusts is also tested in July based on Barbri's chart for the last few bar exams. Although these topics aren't that heavily tested overall, but have been showing up more recently. Everyone is saying commercial paper is on its way out, so we should be prepared for a last hurrah. Not sure what to think really.

angua

Bronze

Post by angua » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Anybody else feel like the MEE was impossible?

jaydizzle

Silver

Post by jaydizzle » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:12 pm

angua wrote:Anybody else feel like the MEE was impossible?
YES! Thank God someone else had the same feeling. The essays were ridiculously hard.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

angua

Bronze

Post by angua » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:34 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
YES! Thank God someone else had the same feeling. The essays were ridiculously hard.
OH THANK YOU. As long as we're all in the same boat, we're all okay. WTF Connecticut. Also f**k BarBri for completely blindsiding me on this.

angua

Bronze

Post by angua » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:36 am

angua wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:
OH THANK YOU. As long as we're all in the same boat, we're all okay. WTF Connecticut. Also f**k BarBri for completely blindsiding me on this.
How harshly/leniently do they grade the essays, does anyone know?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”