Nevada bar exam July 2014? Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ap1987

New

Nevada bar exam July 2014?

Post by ap1987 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Anybody else on here taking the Nevada Bar exam this year?

What bar review company (if you're taking one) are you using?

tycoga8118

New

Re: Nevada bar exam July 2014?

Post by tycoga8118 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:01 am

I'm taking the Las Vegas July exam. You?

Has anybody filled out the application yet? I guess I feel overwhelmed with everything that needs to be submitted. I don't want to miss anything, but I don't see any way to check that I got everything in?

Until you get supplemental information back, it is my understanding that the following needs to be uploaded:

1. Employment Info Attachment.

2. 2 Letters of Reference.

3. Attachment with information about my two speeding tickets (probably doesn't apply to other people w/o convictions or minor moving violations)

4. Driver License Records

5. Transcripts from College and law school (after graduation we resend transcript?)

Is that it for now or am I missing some things? Feedback would be appreciated. I suck a ton at this stuff...

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:12 pm

tycoga8118 wrote:I'm taking the Las Vegas July exam. You?

Has anybody filled out the application yet? I guess I feel overwhelmed with everything that needs to be submitted. I don't want to miss anything, but I don't see any way to check that I got everything in?

Until you get supplemental information back, it is my understanding that the following needs to be uploaded:

3. Attachment with information about my two speeding tickets (probably doesn't apply to other people w/o convictions or minor moving violations)

5. Transcripts from College and law school (after graduation we resend transcript?)

Is that it for now or am I missing some things? Feedback would be appreciated. I suck a ton at this stuff...
I contacted them about all the additional stuff (like court records, dmv reports, etc) and they said they didnt need to be sent immediately with the application. that is to say, if you cant get your dmv report before march 1st, to go ahead and submit to get the cheaper payment option and then get them the documents as soon as possible.

but yeah they want a ton of information. i mean, i'm reporting every parking ticket ever given to a car i was a registered owner even if i wasnt the person who got the ticket because that's what they said they wanted.

as for bar prep, i dont think ill go with a company. maybe try to get my hands on outlines geared toward the nevada exam and other stuff.

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:14 pm

Ugh, we have to disclose our parking tickets too? I can't even begin to remember all the parking tickets I've received...ouch

And the companies are all so expensive. That being said, this would be a really bad time to fail a test so I don't know what I'm going to do on that front.

By contacting them, you mean you just emailed? I tried calling and wasn't able to talk to anyone.

Also, do you know if there's any kind of checklist from the website or something that tells us things we are missing from our application? I'd hate to show up for my bar exam only to realize that I forgot to submit a transcript or something and now can't take the bar.

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:35 pm

tycoga8118 wrote:Ugh, we have to disclose our parking tickets too? I can't even begin to remember all the parking tickets I've received...ouch

And the companies are all so expensive. That being said, this would be a really bad time to fail a test so I don't know what I'm going to do on that front.

By contacting them, you mean you just emailed? I tried calling and wasn't able to talk to anyone.

Also, do you know if there's any kind of checklist from the website or something that tells us things we are missing from our application? I'd hate to show up for my bar exam only to realize that I forgot to submit a transcript or something and now can't take the bar.
I dont know of any checklist. They have application instructions that tell you what you need to send to them after submitting your application like the two letters of reference and your law school transcript and UG transcript. I just read what you listed earlier and that seems to be everything they are asking for and I imagine they will contact you if you left something out that they want.

I called and left a message. Took about two weeks to get back to me for one and a couple days for the other.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ap1987

New

Post by ap1987 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:25 pm

tycoga8118 wrote:I'm taking the Las Vegas July exam. You?

I'm also taking the Las Vegas bar July 2014. I'm almost finished with the application except for the employment attachment. I don't even remember some of my supervisors names for employment 10 years ago.

I still have to get DMV records and my transcripts. Hopefully I can submit my application and send those other documents later.

Where did you get this checklist from?

ap1987

New

Post by ap1987 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:20 pm

Here is the checklist for the February 2014 exam. Hopefully it's similar for July 2014:

--LinkRemoved--

I'm probably going to take Barbri. I go to law school in NYC and Barbi is heavily promoted here. It's expensive but I want to make sure I take a reputable course so that I can hopefully pass on the first try.

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:41 pm

The one I posted was just me going through the application and personally writing down the things I think I have to submit as attachments. By no means an official checklist whatsoever.

The thing I'm most afraid of is just not sending something like an official law school transcript and then finding out too late to sit bar. I was wondering if you guys think they would probably call and let you know if you were missing something?

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:30 am

they give you a checklist for all the additional things you need to submit after you pay the full price for anyone who hasnt submitted their application yet

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:45 pm

ok has anybody who submitted their application not get the additional packet? seems weirdo that they give you 21 days after submitting to return it but dont send it right away.

ap1987

New

Post by ap1987 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 pm

dreakol wrote:ok has anybody who submitted their application not get the additional packet? seems weirdo that they give you 21 days after submitting to return it but dont send it right away.
I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm in NYC though so I expected a bit of a delay. Doesn't leave me much time to get everything required for it done and sent though.

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 am

ap1987 wrote:
dreakol wrote:ok has anybody who submitted their application not get the additional packet? seems weirdo that they give you 21 days after submitting to return it but dont send it right away.
I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm in NYC though so I expected a bit of a delay. Doesn't leave me much time to get everything required for it done and sent though.
In Illinois so some delay was expected but man, this is 2014. shouldnt take more than a couple days to get out here.

ap1987

New

Post by ap1987 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:47 pm

dreakol wrote:
ap1987 wrote:
In Illinois so some delay was expected but man, this is 2014. shouldnt take more than a couple days to get out here.
I got mine today.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:18 pm

ap1987 wrote:
dreakol wrote:
ap1987 wrote:
I got mine today.
I called today and they said u get 21 days after you receive your packet. Dont know how they keep track of that seeing as they had no idea i had yet to receive mine yet.

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:46 pm

Trying to make sure I understand this packet. So, all of the information it requests we are to send back in the mail? Are we also uploading the info to the website because it has space for those attachments. or are we doing one instead of the other?

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 pm

As a follow up:

The packet explicitly states it must be mailed back. However, are we to upload these documents to the site as well?

Additionally, with respect to the photographs, one is to be attached to the table card and one to the bar exam id badge. I'm assuming those are the two cards (one says attach photo here) and the other is small and has the nevada bar seal on it and a place for a signature (but does not say to attach photo here, although there is a blank space on it where a photo could be attached)?

ap1987

New

Post by ap1987 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:04 pm

tycoga8118 wrote:As a follow up:

The packet explicitly states it must be mailed back. However, are we to upload these documents to the site as well?

Additionally, with respect to the photographs, one is to be attached to the table card and one to the bar exam id badge. I'm assuming those are the two cards (one says attach photo here) and the other is small and has the nevada bar seal on it and a place for a signature (but does not say to attach photo here, although there is a blank space on it where a photo could be attached)?
I uploaded all the documents which gave me the option to upload (DMV report, Employment history, recommendation letters, attachments etc). I'm going to mail hard copies of those documents just in case. The rest of the stuff I'm going to mail but I'm not going to scan and upload them.

God this process is such a pain in the ass.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Anyone get confirmation that the bar received the packet after you sent it in?

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:22 pm

tycoga8118 wrote:Anyone get confirmation that the bar received the packet after you sent it in?
I just finally got my packet. trying to get it all sent out this week. Based on how slow everything is and lack of communication for the bar and pretty everything law related in nevada it seems, i wouldnt expect a confirmation.

ap1987

New

Post by ap1987 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:40 pm

--LinkRemoved--

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:45 pm

hahah rofl

this probably explains why my calls are never returned

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:41 am

but at least we get a free year of credit monitoring...

ap1987

New

Post by ap1987 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:00 pm

Does everyone in here have a job lined up already?

dreakol

Silver

Post by dreakol » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:35 am

ap1987 wrote:Does everyone in here have a job lined up already?
I was lucky enough to find employment before graduation. Only reason I'm taking the Nevada Bar, actually, as I'm not from Nevada. Looking forward to living in Nevada, though. Should be fun.

tycoga8118

New

Post by tycoga8118 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:10 am

Just to check, we don't have to give any papers or anything to our school? Like a certificate of good standing or anything?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”