NY Bar Exam Application Forum

Discussions related to the bar exam are found in this forum
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
happyhour1122

Silver

Re: NY Bar Exam Application

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:25 pm

gerrod11 wrote:Hi everyone, so I just got an e-mail from the 3rd department saying that my application is complete. My c&f interview is on June 27th at 9am and the swearing in is on June 28th meaning I'm going to need to stay in Albany two nights. I was wondering if anyone had hotel recommendations? Thanks!

Didnt you post somewhere you failed July bar?
Did you already get an interview prior to getting your feb 2017 results back?

gerrod11

New

Post by gerrod11 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:30 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
gerrod11 wrote:Hi everyone, so I just got an e-mail from the 3rd department saying that my application is complete. My c&f interview is on June 27th at 9am and the swearing in is on June 28th meaning I'm going to need to stay in Albany two nights. I was wondering if anyone had hotel recommendations? Thanks!

Nope. Wrong person, I passed in July.

NyuIwantu

New

Post by NyuIwantu » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:25 pm

NyuIwantu wrote:
nyclawgrad wrote:
NyuIwantu wrote:
nyclawgrad wrote:Anyone have an upcoming swearing in date for the 2nd dep't?
Not yet, unfortunately. Had my interview a week ago and am waiting to be notified about swearing in. Supposedly they favor Wednesdays?
Same. Had my interview last Thursday and haven't heard anything from the interviewer.
Interviewer told me I passed but said he has no clue about swearing in. I have so much confidence in this system :roll:
Swearing in invite for 4/26

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:21 am

gerrod11 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

wow...
C&F takes 5 month to invite you for an interview? Thats crazy... (or was there any delay on your part?)

reasonable_man_03

New

Post by reasonable_man_03 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:00 pm

I have a C&F interview next month. If I pass the interview i would be swearing in. In my application I have disclosed about 10 traffic infractions fines (which are fully paid off) and past debts (which are also fully pid off). I am really anxious and scared that my history of traffic fines and past debts may screw my chances. What are my chances?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gerrod11

New

Post by gerrod11 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:12 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
gerrod11 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

wow...
C&F takes 5 month to invite you for an interview? Thats crazy... (or was there any delay on your part?)
I submitted my application super late. I'm not practicing in NYC so I took my time submitting the application. The 3rd dept. received my application on Feb 6 and I got the completion/invite to interview e-mail on March 3. So about 4 weeks. Much quicker than I anticipated.

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:57 pm

Anyone have any issues with submitting employment affidavits that were signed, notarized, and emailed back?

I was trying to avoid having every single employer mail me originals (2nd department)

MCFC

Platinum

Post by MCFC » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:28 am

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:Anyone have any issues with submitting employment affidavits that were signed, notarized, and emailed back?

I was trying to avoid having every single employer mail me originals (2nd department)
I had this issue for a pro bono form. Got a letter from the 1st Department and had to send in another one.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:05 am

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:Anyone have any issues with submitting employment affidavits that were signed, notarized, and emailed back?

I don't think they can email you.
It has to be original copy. I called 3rd dept last week. 2nd might be different. call.
One of the things I did to force employers mail back asap was to give them a deadline telling them, I will need to submit it by ___Date.
If he/she doesn't send by then, obviously he don't care fucking you over. :P :D :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:28 am

Anyone know if we need anything else other than,

C & F application form
Moral Character from 2 people
law related employer affidavit
50 pro bono hour

MPRE
NYLE

help appreciated thanks!

I saw some posts about tax return...have not seen this on the list. thoughts?

Roclandsfinest23

Bronze

Post by Roclandsfinest23 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:43 am

happyhour1122 wrote:

It has to be original copy. I called 3rd dept last week. 2nd might be different. call.
One of the things I did to force employers mail back asap was to give them a deadline telling them, I will need to submit it by ___Date.
If he/she doesn't send by then, obviously he don't care fucking you over. :P :D :)
Thanks for the heads up. That's annoying asking everyone to mail them back. Scan and print is so much easier

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:18 am

Roclandsfinest23 wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. That's annoying asking everyone to mail them back. Scan and print is so much easier
I know...especially when the firm is extremely busy.
But at the same time, if its a firm, it shouldn't be a big deal. Each firm requires to have a person who is authorized to notarize and sending out mail shouldn't even be an issue.

send your employer another reminder. Ask them if there is anything you can do to make the process easier.

NyuIwantu

New

Post by NyuIwantu » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:59 am

happyhour1122 wrote:Anyone know if we need anything else other than,

C & F application form
50 pro bono hour

MPRE
NYLE

help appreciated thanks!

Well, also the letter that you passed the bar.

Which dep't?

Second required the CLE video codes and proof of payment for attorney registration as well. Can't speak to other departments, though

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:18 pm

NyuIwantu wrote:
happyhour1122 wrote:Anyone know if we need anything else other than,

C & F application form
50 pro bono hour

MPRE
NYLE

help appreciated thanks!

Well, also the letter that you passed the bar.

Which dep't?

Second required the CLE video codes and proof of payment for attorney registration as well. Can't speak to other departments, though

3rd department. Thank you. I didn't know about the letter. I assumed they'd have it. Haha thanks!

kidfromny

New

Post by kidfromny » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:40 pm

nyclawgrad wrote:
NyuIwantu wrote:
nyclawgrad wrote:Anyone have an upcoming swearing in date for the 2nd dep't?
Not yet, unfortunately. Had my interview a week ago and am waiting to be notified about swearing in. Supposedly they favor Wednesdays?
Same. Had my interview last Thursday and haven't heard anything from the interviewer.
April 5th is definitely one of the days.

synergy

New

Post by synergy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:32 pm

I ended up submitting my materials fairly late in the game and just received a notice in the mail telling me my tentative interview date and tentative swearing in date, along with a form I have to send in with payment information. I assume this is standard but is this different from everyone else here talking about interview dates they were given separate from the swearing in date? I'm in the 1st department for what that's worth.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:50 am

MCFC wrote:

I had this issue for a pro bono form. Got a letter from the 1st Department and had to send in another one.
if you don't mind me asking, what was the issue with the pro bono form?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

MCFC

Platinum

Post by MCFC » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:21 am

happyhour1122 wrote:
MCFC wrote:

if you don't mind me asking, what was the issue with the pro bono form?
My pro bono supervisor signed the form, scanned it, and emailed it back to me so I could print it and send it in.

This didn't work, they needed the signature to be original.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Anyone know if all the affidavits from employers and moral character from friends needs to be sealed separately when I send them or can I take their envelope out?

nyclawgrad16

New

Post by nyclawgrad16 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:47 am

I recently submitted my application in the 2nd Department.

Does anyone have a recent timeline of submission to interview and interview to swearing in?

Thanks in advance!

NyuIwantu

New

Post by NyuIwantu » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:11 pm

nyclawgrad16 wrote:I recently submitted my application in the 2nd Department.

Does anyone have a recent timeline of submission to interview and interview to swearing in?

Thanks in advance!
Sumitted. Was missing something and notified within a week. Application was marked complete and given to an interviewer three weeks later (they didn't notify me of this, I called and asked). Three weeks after the interviewer got it he scheduled an interview for that day (I've heard that it's usually about a week later). Was notified about swearing in two weeks later. Swearing in about 6 weeks after they notified me of it.

Submission --> Swearing in ~3 months

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kidfromny

New

Post by kidfromny » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:08 pm

nyclawgrad16 wrote:I recently submitted my application in the 2nd Department.

Thanks in advance!
Submitted everything first week of January. Interview mid/late February. Swearing in April 5.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:14 am

Guess I should get on sending my application in, huh.... Slacking....

Took February 2017, still gathering affidavits. This is annoying.

happyhour1122

Silver

Post by happyhour1122 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:49 pm

lolabear727 wrote:Guess I should get on sending my application in, huh.... Slacking....

I think there are people that passed the exam in 2016 and still gathering affidavits :) you are not slacking.

lolabear727

Bronze

Post by lolabear727 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:30 pm

happyhour1122 wrote:
lolabear727 wrote:Guess I should get on sending my application in, huh.... Slacking....

I think there are people that passed the exam in 2016 and still gathering affidavits :) you are not slacking.

Oh.. Whew! Just think.. I'll be way ahead of the crowd if I don't pass... :lol: :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Bar Exam Prep and Discussion Forum”