Florida Coastal School of Law Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
bradleygt89

New

Re: Florida Coastal School of Law

Post by bradleygt89 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks for all the information here. Saved me the time and energy of looking at this school.

I live in Jacksonville and just finished with my BA. Looks like I will be moving to either Gainesville or Tallahassee if I do choose to pursue a JD! Yeah.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:35 am

wait, wait. why was this thread, from 2005, dragged out of the grave???

Florida prep

New

Post by Florida prep » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:31 am

Are you starting law school this fall? Are you already in law school and want to transfer? Do you want to know the inside tips to making Law Review, Moot Court, and/or Mock Trial? Want to know how to land a summer associateship at a big law firm and succeed when you get there?

The terrible legal job market across the U.S. makes top grades and membership in prestigious organizations an absolute must for any student wanting to begin a successful legal career. But how do top students prepare for class? What are top students doing that sets them apart from their peers? How do successful students land jobs?

Consider learning from someone who:
- ranked in the top percentiles of a Tier 1 school
- transferred out of a Tier 4 school after ranking in the top percentiles
- has Law Review, Moot Court, and Mock Trial team experience
- works at a large, prestigious law firm

We have three different programs to choose from:
- The Grades (covers: reading schedule, class prep, outlining, studying, test-taking, transferring)
- The Extracurriculars (covers: making Law Review, Moot Court, and/or Mock Trial, how to land board positions in these organizations, how to publish, public speaking)
- The Jobs (covers: resume building, searching for jobs, the application process, interviewing, how to succeed as a summer associate or law clerk)

Each program is taught one-on-one, live, and in-person, with multiple handouts and examples given. If there is any particular area that you'd like to focus on, we can tailor a program to fit exactly what you're looking for. The charge is $125/hour, with a one-hour minimum.

In this legal job market, being a successful law student is not an option - LEARN FROM THE BEST.

GATORTIM

Silver

Post by GATORTIM » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:18 am

Nobody wants to join your little club dude.....go roller skating or something

rahimali

New

Post by rahimali » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 am

interesting thread..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:07 pm

rahimali wrote:interesting thread..
what's more interesting is why you were looking for threads about Florida Coastal. . .

LawDog09

New

Post by LawDog09 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:16 pm

FCSL. Florida's Crappiest School of Law.

This is an absolute joke of a school. The teachers and staff could care less about their students. They are just there for the paychecks. Let me remind you, this is a for-profit school....
Did you get accepted? I bet you got a nice scholarship with your acceptance! Do not be alarmed, every person that gets accepted (which is almost everyone who applies because they could not get in to any other law school) to FCSL gets a scholarship. This is a part of their money scheme. Your scholarship will be based off of your GPA, which is usually a 2.5 or a 2.7 that you must maintain in order to keep your scholarship. The teaching methods and grading system that they have will almost make it impossible to maintain that, even if you are a Harvard transfer (haha). As I stated above, this is a for-profit school. They give out scholarships to every student as an incentive to attend their POS school, and you will get no education in return. Let me also remind you of their BAR passage rate. By God, absolutely horrible. This past year (2017), only 20% of graduating students passed the BAR. Wonder what the other 80% are doing? Probably contemplating their life with a piece of shit job and $150,000 or so in debt.

Long story short, do not attend this garbage school. The ABA is threatening them now to remove them unless their statistics increase with regards to the BAR passage rate, the school is currently up for sale, and they are trying to sublet the current building they are in (probably to move to a cheaper, shittier building...hence, for-profit school).

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Thank you for that pointless necro. I was bored and had never seen this thread.

White Dwarf

Bronze

Re: FC is better than at first glance

Post by White Dwarf » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:33 pm

mk1soccer wrote:Basically they are a for profit law school, which means they have high interest in producing successful attorneys for prestige and donations. Hence instead of focusing and getting so involved in the world of academia, such as most other law professors at most other law schools, they focus on preparing you for being the best attorney possible.
Classic

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:40 pm

gwuorbust wrote:wait, wait. why was this thread, from 2005, dragged out of the grave???
doomed to repeat it.

also... 20% bar pass wtf.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Lol love the necro, isn't fcls next on the chopping block now that Charleston is dead? Love seeing the inane defenses of this trash school that passed as analysis back in 09. They're for-profit so they have a vested interest in attorney success? L-O-fucking-L

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash wrote:Lol love the necro, isn't fcls next on the chopping block now that Charleston is dead? Love seeing the inane defenses of this trash school that passed as analysis back in 09. They're for-profit so they have a vested interest in attorney success? L-O-fucking-L
That one was almost definitely a Florida Coastal plant.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”