Insurance throughout law school Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Ned_Snark

New

Insurance throughout law school

Post by Ned_Snark » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:13 pm

Forum newbie here. How does it work for getting insurance (health, vision, dental) during law school? I saw that some, but not many, schools offer insurance plans for students. Are they good plans, though? Also, what about insurance coverage during the summer? Thanks.

ImaginaryDay

New

Re: Insurance throughout law school

Post by ImaginaryDay » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:28 pm

I was actually able to get on Medicaid as I wasn't working. This may not be available in all states. When I moved home I used the Marketplace to switch, but only had to pay $20 a month until I secured a job. Good luck!

QContinuum

Re: Insurance throughout law school

Post by QContinuum » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:11 pm

Ned_Snark wrote:Forum newbie here. How does it work for getting insurance (health, vision, dental) during law school? I saw that some, but not many, schools offer insurance plans for students. Are they good plans, though? Also, what about insurance coverage during the summer? Thanks.
My T13 offered a student health insurance plan (which included dental benefits) that provided (calendar) year-round coverage. You had to get care at the on-campus health center (unless you were traveling), which could be inconvenient (no ability to select your own private doctor). But the price wasn't bad.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”