Anyone have info on the Florida market? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
YAPAlex

New

Anyone have info on the Florida market?

Post by YAPAlex » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 pm

Hello,

I am looking at potentially attending law school down in Florida. Me and my girlfriend will be moving down to Central Florida to live with her family. She will be finishing up undergrad while I will be working and taking a year or two off before law school.

I was wondering if someone could help answer some questions I have about Florida and the legal market down there. I've heard the Florida market, especially southern, is rather insular. But I was wondering if anyone had any up to date info!

I know it's not as big as a NYC or Chicago, but is there good legal employment down there? How are the schools? How was your experience been in the market?

Thanks!

kw25

New

Re: Anyone have info on the Florida market?

Post by kw25 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Hi! I've grown up in Florida for most of my life, and just recently graduated from undergrad here. I can't tell you too much about the job market as I'm not there yet, but my University has had many opportunities in which I've been able to meet with and visit quite a few law schools in my time here. If you have any questions as far as attending law school, I can answer some. I've worked at a small firm (very small, one attorney and 3 employees including myself) for a year now but I am located in the Northwest region of the state, so I'm afraid I won't have much to offer on the job market in Central Florida.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”