Drexel students taking questions... Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
shantideva

New

Drexel students taking questions...

Post by shantideva » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:48 am

Didn't see a thread for this and figured others may be interested.

Fire away with your questions!

Thesaurus

Silver

Re: Drexel students taking questions...

Post by Thesaurus » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:23 am

shantideva wrote:Didn't see a thread for this and figured others may be interested.

How do transfer students fare at Drexel? Are they treated well? Do they have good opportunities at Drexel’s OCI?

shantideva

New

Post by shantideva » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:29 am

Thesaurus wrote:
shantideva wrote:Didn't see a thread for this and figured others may be interested.

How do transfer students fare at Drexel? Are they treated well? Do they have good opportunities at Drexel’s OCI?
There are very few transfer students at Drexel (like 1-2 a year). They do get to try out for journal and do OCI, but honestly I'm not sure there are any published stats on transfer OCI based on such a small sample size. I personally know one class of 2017 transfer who is currently a Superior Court clerk in NJ and she seems to be happy. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful!

Transfer students almost never get merit scholarship money, and personally, I think paying sticker price for Drexel for 2 years is a bad idea given that it's an expensive private school. Why are you interested in transferring to Drexel? Do you have family or personal ties to the Philadelphia region?

PharmD_JD21

New

Post by PharmD_JD21 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:16 pm

How are the graduates viewed in the philly area (vs Temple, Villanova)? Are most taking jobs in smaller firms? Have you noticed the reputation improving?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”