Are Exam Grades Correlated with Length? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Gus Fring

New

Are Exam Grades Correlated with Length?

Post by Gus Fring » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:53 pm

I've taken three exams and I ended up typing around 4000 words give or take on all of them. I feel like I should be typing more or there should be some variance of length on each exam.

dabigchina

Gold

Re: Are Exam Grades Correlated with Length?

Post by dabigchina » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 pm

what exactly are you asking? are you asking if 4k words is "enough" for all subjects? If that is the question, the answer is it depends on the subject.

Are you asking if longer exams tend to receive better grades? If so, then the answer is yes. There are some 1k word exams that receive A+'s and there are 7k word exams that receive B-'s. In general, the longer the exam, the more points you hit, and the higher your grade.

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 pm

the only thing you should be thinking about after your first exam is the next exam. the only thing you should be thinking about after your last exam is how to enjoy your free time before you gear up for the grind again next semester.

grades will come when they come, as they come. dwelling on word count now isn't healthy.

dabigchina

Gold

Post by dabigchina » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:48 pm

pancakes3 wrote:the only thing you should be thinking about after your first exam is the next exam. the only thing you should be thinking about after your last exam is how to enjoy your free time before you gear up for the grind again next semester.

grades will come when they come, as they come. dwelling on word count now isn't healthy.
Totally missed he already took 3 exams.

Op: listen to pancakes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”