Scholarship Negotiation Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
AaronCarter

Bronze

Scholarship Negotiation

Post by AaronCarter » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:42 am

If these questions are too basic, I apologize ahead of time.

At this point, I've received a few full rides. The best one has come from WUSTL.

I'm wondering:

1. Can WashU be used to negotiate with the lower T14/15 (GTown/Cornell/Berk/NW) effectively?

2. Is it too soon to start negotiating with schools in general? If yes, when is it acceptable to start?

3. Any general advice/links are appreciated.

I'm not a gunner/over-the-top person by any stretch. I just know that schools have the most money now rather than in late March/April.

cavalier1138

Re: Scholarship Negotiation

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:20 am

1. Generally, not much. Everyone knows that WashU hands out full scholarships like candy for the right LSAT.

2. It's too soon if you haven't received a scholarship offer from a school yet and/or if the school has laid out an official schedule for when they consider financial aid. You can always mention it, but if the school is on a specific schedule (like Northwestern), they won't consider other scholarship offers until after they've made their initial offer.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Re: Scholarship Negotiation

Post by carsondalywashere » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:42 pm

I was able to successfully negotiate with a WashU offer. Definitely worth trying

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”