Seeking advice for when to apply Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
paigekhuffman

New

Seeking advice for when to apply

Post by paigekhuffman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:02 am

I'm a senior graduating in May and I took the LSAT for the first time this past September. Scores aren't out yet, obviously, but I don't feel great about mine, especially because I messed up a few questions on the logic games, where in practice I was consistently -0. Thinking about taking it again in December right before my finals sounds nightmarish. I'm considering taking year off after school, getting a job, and studying until June or September again. I'd like advice from anyone who may have been in my situation and either did or did not take a year off to improve an LSAT score.

For perspective, my lowest PT around test day was 164, and my highest was 175, and I'm feeling like I hit the low end of that range. I'd like to go to top schools in the Northeast.

cavalier1138

Re: Seeking advice for when to apply

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:10 am

Wait for your score, but if you didn't perform as well as you wanted, take some time off school. Hell, take the time off even if you did as well as you wanted. Spending a year (or more) actually living in the world is only a good thing.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”