Will any of these issues preclude me from law school admission or bar Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
lawapplicant2017

New

Will any of these issues preclude me from law school admission or bar

Post by lawapplicant2017 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:28 pm

Alright, I do not have any felonies, or misdemeanors, or citations, or traffic tickets or any infractions or school related reprisals in any way. Due to this, I felt I was alright in terms of Character and Fitness and to one day take the bar exam.

However, there are a couple of issues that I feel may preclude me from the bar exam or to not pass C and F, and wanted to get your input.

1). My university offers counseling services and I went to speak with a counselor on campus a few times.
2). Again, I have no felonies or misdemeanors, but the police came to my place two months ago. My boyfriend and I were arguing, and he picked up the phone and dialed 911 out of anger, then hung up the phone and disconnected the phone, and the police showed up because there was no way of calling back. They questioned us, and they asked me if I take any medicine and I just said Lexapro for anxiety. They said if you all have another argument just remove yourself from the situation, but we weren't cited or given any paperwork.

So, given the fact that I told the officer I take Lexapro for anxiety, and because I have seen a counselor on campus a couple of times, will I be precluded from taking the bar exam and in jeopardy of not passing C and F?

twiix

Silver

Re: Will any of these issues preclude me from law school admission or bar

Post by twiix » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:42 pm

lawapplicant2017 wrote:
So, given the fact that I told the officer I take Lexapro for anxiety, and because I have seen a counselor on campus a couple of times, will I be precluded from taking the bar exam and in jeopardy of not passing C and F?
No.

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Post by OakBrook2021 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:42 pm

Are you trolling or being serious? You literally don't have anything on your record

twiix

Silver

Post by twiix » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:45 pm

OakBrook2021 wrote:Are you trolling or being serious? You literally don't have anything on your record
If it smells like a fish troll, looks like a fish troll, and tastes like a fish troll, it's probably a fish troll.

Damage Over Time

Silver

Post by Damage Over Time » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:38 am

This doesn't seem like a troll to me, just someone that's overly anxious about C&F/bar.

OP, you'll be fine.

silenttimer

Bronze

Post by silenttimer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:30 am

It's been a while since I filled a C&F app, but I do not remember any question that would involve having to disclose what you just described. Also, I'm pretty sure anxiety would be considered a "disability" under the ADA Amendment Act, and it would be discriminatory for the bar to exclude you on that ground.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”