Missed a Paralegal Interview Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
BansheeScream

New

Missed a Paralegal Interview

Post by BansheeScream » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:55 am

I'm a 0L attending Duke in the fall with aspirations to work in D.C. Big Law after graduation.

Earlier this year I was still strongly considering working as a big law paralegal but my scholarship offer was higher than I expected so I decided to ultimately matriculate.

I interviewed for paralegal jobs at a few V10s and got offers but respectfully turned them down telling them I was starting law school earlier than anticipated. However, I just recently realized that one firm I discussed interviewing with had replied to my email confirming an interview time and for some reason it got sent to my junk mail. I basically just skipped an interview.

I'm probably being paranoid but is there anyway this comes back to bite me in the ass during OCI? The firm is one of the best in D.C. and I'd hate to have closed that door due to a stupid mistake.

Mullens

Silver

Re: Missed a Paralegal Interview

Post by Mullens » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:04 pm

BansheeScream wrote:I'm a 0L attending Duke in the fall with aspirations to work in D.C. Big Law after graduation.

Earlier this year I was still strongly considering working as a big law paralegal but my scholarship offer was higher than I expected so I decided to ultimately matriculate.

I interviewed for paralegal jobs at a few V10s and got offers but respectfully turned them down telling them I was starting law school earlier than anticipated. However, I just recently realized that one firm I discussed interviewing with had replied to my email confirming an interview time and for some reason it got sent to my junk mail. I basically just skipped an interview.

I'm probably being paranoid but is there anyway this comes back to bite me in the ass during OCI? The firm is one of the best in D.C. and I'd hate to have closed that door due to a stupid mistake.
Not sure what kind of answer you're looking for here? It's possible that it comes back to bite you in the ass if there was an overlap of recruiting staff and someone recognizes your name. No idea how likely that is.

I wouldn't worry about it too much because there's nothing you can do now to remedy an issue that wouldn't also risk making them more aware of what happened and calling attention to yourself.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”