Miami/Florida BigLaw Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
RParadela

Silver

Miami/Florida BigLaw

Post by RParadela » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:40 am

I know there are a few older threads on Miami Biglaw, but I haven't really seen much around here. Can anyone that currently works or has worked in Miami or other Florida BigLaw offices take some questions? Particularly what type of grades are needed from T13, office culture, hours, etc.

Thanks in advance

TirantMartorell

Bronze

Re: Miami/Florida BigLaw

Post by TirantMartorell » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:23 am

RParadela wrote:I know there are a few older threads on Miami Biglaw, but I haven't really seen much around here. Can anyone that currently works or has worked in Miami or other Florida BigLaw offices take some questions? Particularly what type of grades are needed from T13, office culture, hours, etc.

Thanks in advance
This varies so much from firm to firm. PM me if you want details.

CoGar

New

Post by CoGar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 am

RParadela wrote:I know there are a few older threads on Miami Biglaw, but I haven't really seen much around here. Can anyone that currently works or has worked in Miami or other Florida BigLaw offices take some questions? Particularly what type of grades are needed from T13, office culture, hours, etc.

Thanks in advance
Research the bigger firms who have offices there - http://www.vault.com/company-rankings/l ... ?sRankID=7
this is just the top few from a quick Vault lookup.

Then go onto their websites to find alumni from your school - from there you can reach out or just pull from the near infinite postings on the web to answer your questions about grades, culture, etc.

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:33 pm

CoGar wrote:

Thanks in advance
Research the bigger firms who have offices there - http://www.vault.com/company-rankings/l ... ?sRankID=7

Then go onto their websites to find alumni from your school - from there you can reach out or just pull from the near infinite postings on the web to answer your questions about grades, culture, etc.
Yeah... Not gonna do that

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:23 pm

RParadela wrote:
CoGar wrote:

Thanks in advance

You'd rather have it all served on a silver platter via TLS?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:44 pm

future liT1g4tor wrote:
RParadela wrote:
CoGar wrote:

Thanks in advance

Well, yeah of course. But more importantly, I'm not going to Email random associates at firms asking about their work life.

CoGar

New

Post by CoGar » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:20 pm

RParadela wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
RParadela wrote:
CoGar wrote:

Thanks in advance

Well, yeah of course. But more importantly, I'm not going to Email random associates at firms asking about their work life.
I see no problem with this if they're an alumni of your school and come off genuine.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:05 pm

RParadela wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
RParadela wrote:
CoGar wrote:

Thanks in advance

It's a thing. It's called informational interviewing. If people don't want to talk to you they just won't respond, but there's nothing wrong with reaching out.

magnum_law

Bronze

Post by magnum_law » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:20 pm

You've got a lot to learn

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”