Help! Law Firm Fit! Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
cron1834

Gold

Re: Help! Law Firm Fit!

Post by cron1834 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Texas2Step wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Texas2Step wrote:
cron1834 wrote:
Kali the Annihilator wrote:"Passionate about my practice" -0L

Also, you got a faculty rec to sit in law school classes as a freshman?
No, not a rec - RECS. Like 20 separate times, for credit. Sounds legit.
My professors love me. Also, I don't know if these posts are coming from people from my workplace who are scared about me talking about their trifiling racist behavior and making the company's diversity initiatives look bad. If it is, you mofos have one more troll post before I unmask everyone.
*Gulp*

I'm sorry, Texas2Step....I take back anything unflattering about you I may have suggested in this thread. Also, we greatly value your contributions to our workplace.

Please do not unmask me. Please.
We cool. Would appreciate it if you told everybody else to chill - thread will be deleted soon anyway...
Yeah, even you have to admit this is pretty funny all-around.

Texas2Step

New

Post by Texas2Step » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:39 pm

cron1834 wrote:
Texas2Step wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:
Texas2Step wrote:
cron1834 wrote:

My professors love me. Also, I don't know if these posts are coming from people from my workplace who are scared about me talking about their trifiling racist behavior and making the company's diversity initiatives look bad. If it is, you mofos have one more troll post before I unmask everyone.

Most of my law professors do love me. How the hell you think I got into YLS?
Unilateral mistake?

But seriously, say more SJW things.
Who the fuck is this? Top 3% at Stanford, 20 law school classes, 4 law professor recs, Oxford degree, and a 98th LSAT and I'm a mistake? I bet you didn't come close to that. Go home mother fucker, go home....

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:43 pm

Texas2Step wrote:
cron1834 wrote:
Texas2Step wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:
Texas2Step wrote:
cron1834 wrote:

Most of my law professors do love me. How the hell you think I got into YLS?
Unilateral mistake?

But seriously, say more SJW things.
Who the fuck is this? Top 3% at Stanford, 20 law school classes, 4 law professor recs, Oxford degree, and a 98th LSAT and I'm a mistake? I bet you didn't come close to that. Go home mother fucker, go home....
Sorry, I tried to get cron1834 to stop but he wouldn't. Maybe you should unmask him.

hasmith

Bronze

Post by hasmith » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Second the motion for unmasking

hasmith

Bronze

Post by hasmith » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:45 pm

Also - are your law school classes on your undergrad transcript or did you get a separate one from
The law school? Still curious about the tuition aspect too?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Texas2Step

New

Post by Texas2Step » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Most of my law professors do love me. How the hell you think I got into YLS?[/quote]
Unilateral mistake?

But seriously, say more SJW things.[/quote]

Who the fuck is this? Top 3% at Stanford, 20 law school classes, 4 law professor recs, Oxford degree, and a 98th LSAT and I'm a mistake? I bet you didn't come close to that. Go home mother fucker, go home....[/quote]
Sorry, I tried to get cron1834 to stop but he wouldn't. Maybe you should unmask him.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

I have to work on a law review article so I'll be back in the meantime cron is getting unmasked unless he (1) deletes the post or (2) apologizes in person. Btw, this better not be Kaplan otherwise I calling police. There is only so far you can go with a negro...

Texas2Step

New

Post by Texas2Step » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:48 pm

hasmith wrote:Also - are your law school classes on your undergrad transcript or did you get a separate one from
The law school? Still curious about the tuition aspect too?
I paid undergrad tuition (45,000) so its still pretty hefty...

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:50 pm

Texas2Step wrote:I have to work on a law review article so I'll be back in the meantime cron is getting unmasked unless he (1) deletes the post or (2) apologizes in person. Btw, this better not be Kaplan otherwise I calling police. There is only so far you can go with a negro...
Kaplan has been a problem from day 1. Frankly, I don't know why the bosses put up with his bs.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:51 pm

I've worked far too many hours at this firm to be confronted by a summer INTERN.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:58 pm

man this thread delivers

Texas2Step

New

Post by Texas2Step » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:00 pm

cron1834 wrote:I've worked far too many hours at this firm to be confronted by a summer INTERN.
Okay, damn. But, what the fuck did I do to you?

njdevils2626

Silver

Post by njdevils2626 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:01 pm

bwaldorf wrote:man this thread delivers

Kali the Annihilator

Platinum

Post by Kali the Annihilator » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:01 pm

ITT: everyone thinks they are trolling each other. Hilarity.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kaplan

New

Post by Kaplan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Kaplan here - listen I've got a wife that hates me, kids that don't respect me and a mortgage that I can barely afford. Texas2Step - come at me bro! You can't intimidate me - and get back to work before I tell the higher ups. You are on thin ice as it is

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Kali the Annihilator wrote:ITT: everyone thinks they are trolling each other. Hilarity.
(Kaplan)

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:03 pm

:lol:

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:10 pm

quiver wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:
Nebby wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:I actually think it's very normal for people to think they'll like appellate. (Some of us do actually like it, Nebby.) It is a good match for nerdy introverts (as an appellate lawyer said to me once, appellate lawyers don't get out much), and then of course people think they want it because they think it's all like arguing in front of SCOTUS.

There are lots of AMAZING things in what OP is saying, but that they think they'll like appellate isn't one of them.
I think 95% of people who say they like it will be because of bolded, which is why I chuckle
And everyone here laughs at people who think they want to do environmental law, too.
I'm not sure what your point is here, Nony. I think those are pretty analogous situations; 95% of people on here who want "environmental law" think about saving trees and animals and not the ins and outs of CERCLA or admin law.

In any case, wanting appellate law is pretty low on the list of OP's issues right now.
Oh, exactly. Those are both reasons why it amuses me that Nebby was harping on the "wants to do appellate" bit.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ConLaw2017

New

Post by ConLaw2017 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:12 pm

Kaplan wrote:Kaplan here - listen I've got a wife that hates me, kids that don't respect me and a mortgage that I can barely afford. Texas2Step - come at me bro! You can't intimidate me - and get back to work before I tell the higher ups. You are on thin ice as it is

But what did he do to you? Also, you can't make diversity interns work from 8-11 - that's damn near slavery...Why can't leave at 5:30 PM like all the other interns at biglaw firms?

ConLaw2017

New

Post by ConLaw2017 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Kaplan wrote:Kaplan here - listen I've got a wife that hates me, kids that don't respect me and a mortgage that I can barely afford. Texas2Step - come at me bro! You can't intimidate me - and get back to work before I tell the higher ups. You are on thin ice as it is
Also why is he on thin ice?

rpupkin

Platinum

Post by rpupkin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:13 pm

ConLaw2017 wrote:

But what did he do to you? Also, you can't make diversity interns work from 8-11 - that's damn near slavery...Why can't leave at 5:30 PM like all the other interns at biglaw firms?
The last page of this thread was pretty funny until this post.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:13 pm

Texas2Step wrote:I have to work on a law review article so I'll be back in the meantime cron is getting unmasked unless he (1) deletes the post or (2) apologizes in person. Btw, this better not be Kaplan otherwise I calling police. There is only so far you can go with a negro...
Also, I think this is far as we're going today. Goodbye OP. Sorry to cut short the entertainment, folks, but you can console yourself with the knowledge that OP will never get to delete this pretty pretty thread.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:17 pm

rpupkin wrote:
ConLaw2017 wrote:

The last page of this thread was pretty funny until this post.
Probably because it turns out ConLaw2017 is the OP, for those who'd like to keep track at home.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”