What is the consensus on supplements? Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
mrlawguy

New

Re: What is the consensus on supplements?

Post by mrlawguy » Wed May 17, 2017 6:43 pm

[edit] Didn't check the original post date.

taking 6y back

New

Post by taking 6y back » Wed May 17, 2017 10:18 pm

GarnerB wrote:
taking 6y back wrote:this has got to go down as one of the most hysterical troll threads of all time. dude GarnerB sounds like the most pretentious Draco Malfoy lookin prick that you'd ever have the displeasure of encountering in law school or life. he is currently refuting the advice of ranking t13 law students as a 0L in an "Ask a Law Student" forum. :lol: LMAO!

browsing his profile will be one of the funniest things you do all day. pure narcissistic trolling. bravo, young man.
I love how you followed your "lol" emoticon with an all-caps "LMAO!". Pretty cringe. Also, I'd much rather be a "pretentious Draco Malfoy lookin prick" than an anti-social pimple-faced 4Chan basement-dweller. Good luck in life, buddy.
:lol: LMAO... you will continue to disappoint yourself and everyone you meet.

GarnerB

New

Post by GarnerB » Wed May 17, 2017 10:56 pm

taking 6y back wrote:
GarnerB wrote:
taking 6y back wrote:this has got to go down as one of the most hysterical troll threads of all time. dude GarnerB sounds like the most pretentious Draco Malfoy lookin prick that you'd ever have the displeasure of encountering in law school or life. he is currently refuting the advice of ranking t13 law students as a 0L in an "Ask a Law Student" forum. :lol: LMAO!

browsing his profile will be one of the funniest things you do all day. pure narcissistic trolling. bravo, young man.
I love how you followed your "lol" emoticon with an all-caps "LMAO!". Pretty cringe. Also, I'd much rather be a "pretentious Draco Malfoy lookin prick" than an anti-social pimple-faced 4Chan basement-dweller. Good luck in life, buddy.
:lol: LMAO... you will continue to disappoint yourself and everyone you meet.
Sounds like you're speaking from personal experience there, bud.

GarnerB

New

Post by GarnerB » Wed May 17, 2017 11:58 pm

So, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. I browsed through random student outlines of 1L courses. No two outlines were close to alike. The BLL differed significantly from professor to professor. I knew it'd be different. I just didn't think it'd be that different--especially in straightforward subjects like Torts. I now see how it'd be a waste of time to pre-learn the BLL.

I still think it'd be useful to learn terminology and concepts (not elements and checklists) since that can only help with your understanding of the BLL. But I may be misguided here too, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

freekick

Bronze

Post by freekick » Thu May 18, 2017 12:44 am

GarnerB wrote:So, I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong. I browsed through random student outlines of 1L courses. No two outlines were close to alike. The BLL differed significantly from professor to professor. I knew it'd be different. I just didn't think it'd be that different--especially in straightforward subjects like Torts. I now see how it'd be a waste of time to pre-learn the BLL.

I still think it'd be useful to learn terminology and concepts (not elements and checklists) since that can only help with your understanding of the BLL. But I may be misguided here too, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Fellow 0L here warming up for 1L. I think that beyond the very basic, terminology and concepts are also on the substantive side of things and need some context to understand. Don't think it would take too long to pick them up once you start school. If you explore this further, like you did the BLL bit, you are likely to reach the same conclusion as you did re: pre-learning BLL i.e. leave it for school. I am therefore looking mainly at the methodological aspects of 1L study and exams that every TLS and non-TLS guide on 1L talks about.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:33 am

GarnerB wrote:I still think it'd be useful to learn terminology and concepts (not elements and checklists) since that can only help with your understanding of the BLL. But I may be misguided here too, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't think that's a bad idea. I think I (or someone) mentioned "Law 101" earlier in the thread. That's a good book for a general overview of the required doctrinal classes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”