Health problems during semester Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
cam1992

New

Health problems during semester

Post by cam1992 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:25 pm

I recently returned to from health after a truly terrible flu. I couldn't get out of bed for almost two weeks (except to go to the ER), couldn't keep food down, had a terribly obnoxious cough, and I certainly could not read or take notes. This has me wondering, what if this happens next year in Law School? Do schools/professors have provisions for this? I may just be overreacting, but this is something I can't stop thinking about. Any input would be valuable.

rpupkin

Platinum

Re: Health problems during semester

Post by rpupkin » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:39 pm

cam1992 wrote:I recently returned to from health after a truly terrible flu. I couldn't get out of bed for almost two weeks (except to go to the ER), couldn't keep food down, had a terribly obnoxious cough, and I certainly could not read or take notes. This has me wondering, what if this happens next year in Law School?
If it happened during finals, and if you were truly debilitated, the school would probably be able to accommodate you with an alternate finals schedule.

If it happened during the semester, you would just do your best while sick (doing what little reading/outlining you can), and then you'd have to catch up after you got better.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:55 pm

If it's bad enough you take a leave of absence. Otherwise like rpupkin said, if it's during the semester you just push through.

B90

Silver

Post by B90 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Yes, law schools have written policies about this.
Don't stress about this. Get healthy and take care of yourself.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”