UCLA area apartments and housing Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
Motionsinlemons

New

UCLA area apartments and housing

Post by Motionsinlemons » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:00 pm

I recently accepted my offer of admission to UCLA and am now in the process of trying to find housing within walking distance to the campus.
Any suggestions?

Kaizen428

New

Re: UCLA area apartments and housing

Post by Kaizen428 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:53 pm

Motionsinlemons wrote:I recently accepted my offer of admission to UCLA and am now in the process of trying to find housing within walking distance to the campus.
Any suggestions?
If you want walking distance you are going to have to find some place in Westwood.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Ah my dear Westwood. I would be so very careful as to where you get an apartment in Westwood. Parts of the neighborhood are super loud. Not sleeping through the night would be a bad way to start law school.

ray.bee

Bronze

Post by ray.bee » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Motionsinlemons wrote:I recently accepted my offer of admission to UCLA and am now in the process of trying to find housing within walking distance to the campus.
Any suggestions?
Not Landfair or Gayley (the Frat house area). Veteran is more popular. Also, Hilgard (the Sorority side) is quieter.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:46 pm

ray.bee wrote:
Any suggestions?
Not Landfair or Gayley (the Frat house area). Veteran is more popular. Also, Hilgard (the Sorority side) is quieter.
I second this. I lived on Landfair. Didn't sleep in college. Good times.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LotJockey

New

Post by LotJockey » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:12 pm

Any suggestions?
It's easy to live in Weyburn (by yourself or with a roommate) and walk. That said, you can get cheaper housing in other neighborhoods if you're willing to bike or take the bus.

Barrred

Bronze

Post by Barrred » Wed May 17, 2017 1:09 pm

Live in one of the larger apartment buildings on Veteran. North of wilshire is preferrable to south, because north of wilshire will allow you easier walking access to the Weyburn shuttle that goes directly to the law school. Just drive up Veteran (or use google street view) and look for for-rent signs outside the larger complexes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”