Employment before Law School Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
bryanbyst

New

Employment before Law School

Post by bryanbyst » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Hello,

I took a very unorthodox route to my decision to go to law school. Originally, I always was unsure if I wanted to go to Med school or Law School. Eventually, I decided on Med school and get my Bachelors in Biology. After graduation, I had more time to contemplate my future and decided I would rather pursue law rather than medicine.

I want to get some experience so my resume for law school isn't devoid of legal experience. I'm having trouble finding jobs due to my Biology degree. Does anyone have any advice on jobs that I should focus on looking at?

zot1

Gold

Re: Employment before Law School

Post by zot1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:18 pm

No school would care about whether you have prior legal experience. So if this is stopping you from applying, worry no more, my friend.

2000andBeyond

Silver

Re: Employment before Law School

Post by 2000andBeyond » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:41 pm

I was in a very similar situation. I agree with the poster above. I tried to find a job in the intersection of science/health and law, just because I still wasn't ready to let go completely lol. I got a paralegal job at a big IP firm.

You can honestly do whatever you want to do after graduation. If you want to do BL, I think it'll help if you're a paralegal at a big firm. I found the experience to be very eye opening!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”