ask for help Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
hixboy

New

ask for help

Post by hixboy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:35 pm

hello everyone
i am a student in a college of law out of the USA and i want to know if i came to study jd degree in US for being lawyer after ; but i am somehow freak about finishing the jd degree with F1 visa and take me back to the home country , i want to know if it's easy for international student to be a good lawyer and what about scholarships :D

hixboy

New

Re: ask for help

Post by hixboy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:50 pm

please any information and thank you so much

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Post by Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:12 pm

In the nicest way possible, I read this like 8 times and have no idea what you're asking :(

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:16 pm

The short answer is that you're right to be concerned about it and it's probably not the best plan. Get a law degree in your home country and then get an LLM in the US if you still want to practice law in the US- should have a lot more clarity about the future of migrant work programs by then too.

hixboy

New

Post by hixboy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:36 pm

thanks for your answers , i plan to finish the bachelor in home country after that, i will pass the toefl ibt and LSAt but i have problems just with the situation after finishing the LLM or JD degree that i need to have a H1b visa for work not a F1 visa and for that you need an employe to hire you

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dbalkaran

Silver

Post by dbalkaran » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:11 pm

I have two friends from Scotland who got their law degree in their home country and I believe they did their LLM here. I believe that's probably the smartest way to go about it, that way if you don't get sponsored by a company to stay in the US you can go back and practice law in your country. I wouldn't bet on getting sponsored unless you get into BigLaw and that in itself is not a safe bet to make unless you get into Yale, Harvard, or Stanford.

hixboy

New

Post by hixboy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:39 am

thank you very much and are law schools don't care about GPA from other countries

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”