Hookup Culture Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
papajohns

New

Hookup Culture

Post by papajohns » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:42 pm

International student here (0L) from a culturally conservative country.
I did do my undergrad in the U.S. so I have some sense of the "hookup culture"
but I'm dying to learn more about how single U.S. law students bang it all out in the midst of all that stress/studying.

Given how law school students (all across the world), as the brainy/nerd type, aren't always the most sociable or attractive people (including myself here), how does it all work out? I've heard from several 1L students about all that crazy dirty sex that goes on at "bar reviews" but are they really true?

My guess is that law schools are just like anywhere else and just as it is anywhere else, less than 10% of the guys will be copulating with most of the females (the alphas). But how do you smart-but-socially-awkward 90% deal with the dating game? Are you on Tinder all the time? (not mocking, as I'm on it also, but not all the time).

Unfortunately, I''m one of those nerds/geeks who spent much of his youth/college year studying and hasn't had much success in the dating game, but I'd really like to change that.

On that note.... Do U.S. law students generally date each other? Do they interact/hang out with undergrads? Or is that frowned upon? Do you even have time to go on dates? How often do you enjoy copulation? How easy is it to get laid in U.S. law school? Obviously, if I have to ask this question, then that means it won't be easy for me, but given how U.S. female law school students are also a self-selecting group.... I wonder if it might be different.

Any info. about the U.S. law school hookup culture would be appreciated! Thanks.
Last edited by papajohns on Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nunumaster

Silver

Re: Hookup Culture

Post by nunumaster » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:47 pm

lol just join the FA thread and enjoy copulation with a TLSer.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 pm

nunumaster wrote:lol just join the FA thread and enjoy copulation with a TLSer.
Not that effective of a solution, speaking from personal experience.

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Posting for the quote "how often do you enjoy copulation." Classic.

guynourmin

Gold

Post by guynourmin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:20 pm

papajohns wrote:International student here (0L) from a culturally conservative country.
but I'm dying to learn more about how single U.S. law students bang it all out in the midst of all that stress/studying.

Given how law school students (all across the world), as the brainy/nerd type, aren't always the most sociable or attractive people (including myself here), how does it all work out? I've heard from several 1L students about all that crazy dirty sex that goes on at "bar reviews" but are they really true?

My guess is that law schools are just like anywhere else and just as it is anywhere else, less than 10% of the guys will be copulating with most of the females (the alphas). But how do you smart-but-socially-awkward 90% deal with the dating game? Are you on Tinder all the time? (not mocking, as I'm on it also, but not all the time).

Unfortunately, I''m one of those nerds/geeks who spent much of his youth/college year studying and hasn't had much success in the dating game, but I'd really like to change that.

On that note.... Do U.S. law students generally date each other? Do they interact/hang out with undergrads? Or is that frowned upon? Do you even have time to go on dates? How often do you enjoy copulation? How easy is it to get laid in U.S. law school? Obviously, if I have to ask this question, then that means it won't be easy for me, but given how U.S. female law school students are also a self-selecting group.... I wonder if it might be different.

Any info. about the U.S. law school hookup culture would be appreciated! Thanks.
qfp

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PrezRand

Gold

Post by PrezRand » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:23 pm

nunumaster wrote:lol just join the FA thread and enjoy copulation with a TLSer.

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:31 pm

papajohns wrote:How easy is it to get laid in U.S. law school?
The rankings are a pretty good guide. When people here talk about a law school's "prestige," this is pretty much what they're talking about.
grades?? wrote:Posting for the quote "how often do you enjoy copulation." Classic.
Somewhere between 70 and 90% of the time.

warmcherrysoda

New

Post by warmcherrysoda » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:36 pm

mjb447 wrote:
The rankings are a pretty good guide. When people here talk about a law school's "prestige," this is pretty much what they're talking about.
That's why they call it lay prestige.

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:52 pm

warmcherrysoda wrote:
mjb447 wrote:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bloomsday

Bronze

Post by bloomsday » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:18 pm

Last edited by bloomsday on Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RParadela

Silver

Post by RParadela » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:22 pm

"How often do you enjoy copulation"

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:23 pm

warmcherrysoda wrote:
mjb447 wrote:

waldorf

Gold

Post by waldorf » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:33 pm

papajohns wrote:copulation
I choked.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Although your OP isn't deserving of a serious answer, I'll try to provide one. If you had trouble with women in college you will have similar problems in law school. Law school tends to have a lot more married people and people in long term relationships than undergrad so there will be fewer single people.

Socially, law school is also a lot more like high school than college. Your social circle 1L year will largely be limited to your section and there will probably be one to three couples formed in your section.

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 am

mjb447 wrote:
warmcherrysoda wrote:
mjb447 wrote:

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:55 am

I love everything about this.

njdevils2626

Silver

Post by njdevils2626 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:01 am

Alexandros wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
warmcherrysoda wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
I know everyone has already professed their appreciation for this comment, but I had to toss my hat in the ring just to emphasize that this might be the early front runner for comment of the year

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

34iplaw

Gold

Post by 34iplaw » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:16 am

njdevils2626 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
warmcherrysoda wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
I know everyone has already professed their appreciation for this comment, but I had to toss my hat in the ring just to emphasize that this might be the early front runner for comment of the year
Front-runner? I think we should just pack our bags and call it.

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:17 am

njdevils2626 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
warmcherrysoda wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
Ditto

Alexandros

Platinum

Post by Alexandros » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:19 am

34iplaw wrote:
njdevils2626 wrote:
Alexandros wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
warmcherrysoda wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
Front-runner? I think we should just pack our bags and call it.
Agree. We're done here, folks.

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:19 am

God I love the active threads feature

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:41 am

papajohns wrote:International student here (0L) from a culturally conservative country.

tagged

+1 appreciation for the lay prestige comment.

jess

Post by jess » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:30 am

Last edited by jess on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Chukes

Silver

Post by Mr_Chukes » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:20 pm

You'll be able to get it in. My friend who is at the top of his class was able to continue hooking up with three different girls at the same time for a few months before he picked one. There are actually a lot of really cute girls that go to law schools. Some reason we just think everyone will be geeky and only care about grades but naw. There are a variety of people.

Sarastro

Bronze

Post by Sarastro » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Can't believe I almost didn't read this thread.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”