data on Assistant DA, assistant US attorney Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Re: data on Assistant DA, assistant US attorney

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:43 pm

If a civil AUSA is handling an employment case it's probably as a defendant.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: data on Assistant DA, assistant US attorney

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:57 pm

appind wrote:i'm not saying that they are civil prosecution. i'm only referring to civil division of AUSA like i did in one of my previous posts. i thought that there may be some employment related matters against businesses that may be handled by US attorney e.g. there was one recent suit against fox news for employer harassment which is a private business by fed in SDNY. usually such matters would be handled by private lawyers hired by individuals who sue, but i am not sure how the fox news case was being prosecuted by aus attorneys in SDNY.
If the word used was actually "prosecution," it means there were criminal charges, which could have been all kinds of possible things (harassment could be threats, stalking, cyberbullying, etc.).

edit: if you mean the stuff referred to here, https://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/fired- ... -fox-news/, it's not employment stuff - it's looking at whether Fox/Ailes mishandled funds in dealing with the harassment scandals. So really it's an investigation into financial fraud. (Also when there's reference to an investigation it's usually criminal matters.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”