Question regarding seriousness of job offer Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
kellyfrost

Platinum

Re: Question regarding seriousness of job offer

Post by kellyfrost » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:39 pm

rpupkin wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:This is a terrible thread. It should be removed.
The thread has been dormant for eight months. I doubt anyone was reading it. If you think the thread it's terrible, why would you bump it, thereby bringing it to the attention of a bunch of folks who probably never read it in the first place?
I got a notification that I was quoted in it. Read it again and couldn't believe how bad it was and was compelled to comment.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:44 pm

rpupkin wrote:
The thread has been dormant for eight months. I doubt anyone was reading it. If you think the thread it's terrible, why would you bump it, thereby bringing it to the attention of a bunch of folks who probably never read it in the first place?
Exactly, however that is not an excuse to get it deleted, so I will keep it going. I wanted to take the important parts of this thread and start a new one without all the extra information. But there wasn't really that many. I wish I had more information when this thread was alive to some of the questions that were asked. (Thelaw23's, specifically).

Since it has been almost 9 months I will update anyone as to anything.

I still haven't started my LSAT regime. I know enough not to use the important tests for PTing at first. So I am still stuck on what I should use. I still have a year plus before my cycle.
Last edited by future liT1g4tor on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:45 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
I got a notification that I was quoted in it. Read it again and couldn't believe how bad it was and was compelled to comment.
That led to me realizing how bad my grammar was.
Last edited by future liT1g4tor on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:46 pm

future liT1g4tor wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Your grammar is actually pretty good when compared to your content.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:53 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

Off note, I have been warned in the past for derailing threads. This one is mine, lol.

What's even funnier is you when you asked about my wife's charges I pm'd you and said it is currently ongoing, thus, I could not discuss them. I can tell you now if you still would like to know.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:01 pm

kellyfrost wrote: It is flat out terrible.
Let's not forget this thread pioneered BigLaw Jesus.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:31 pm

future liT1g4tor wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

Off note, I have been warned in the past for derailing threads. This one is mine, lol.

What's even funnier is you when you asked about my wife's charges I pm'd you and said it is currently ongoing, thus, I could not discuss them. I can tell you now if you still would like to know.

Don't give a fuck any more since I have completely ruled out you ever practicing law.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:33 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
LOLOL

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:32 pm

kellyfrost wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
rpupkin wrote:

Don't give a fuck any more since I have completely ruled out you ever practicing law.
Yeah, thats an assumption. Not only would I practice, I will prosper. You're the type of TLS cat that gets talked about on JDU lol.
Last edited by future liT1g4tor on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:33 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
LOLOL
Doubt he even knows who is in your avatar.

kellyfrost

Platinum

Post by kellyfrost » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:50 pm

future liT1g4tor wrote:
Mlk&Ckies wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
kellyfrost wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
LOLOL
Doubt he even knows who is in your avatar.
Kamala Harris-- you better stick to JDU.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Please don't go to law school

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:Please don't go to law school
I'm BigLaw baby Jesus, meaning BigLaw may not be big enough for me; to start practicing my career as an associate may be disadvantageous, I will not have time to focus on other ventures or agendas I may have. Due to the fact that I may in fact become partner and don't want to waste 10-15 years doing so when in 10-15 years I can personally be worth the amount of a V50 firm's revenue. Not only would I practice law, I will be admitted in States that I practice from other states, which I will also be admitted in.
Last edited by future liT1g4tor on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:02 pm

What a dumpster fire

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Nebby wrote:What a dumpster fire
People in law school sit on TLS telling people like me not to go to law school then when they strike out in OCI they wonder why.

If they don't see confident in themselves, how can they see confidence in anyone else?

Are you going to LS to become an attorney or to get a free ride?
Last edited by future liT1g4tor on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:05 pm

future liT1g4tor wrote:
People in law school sit on TLS telling people like me not to go to law school then think if they strike out in OCI their careers are over. Are you going to LS to become an attorney or to get a free ride?
Nebby, KF and I are all pretty successful attorneys dumb dumb

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:05 pm

future liT1g4tor wrote:
People in law school sit on TLS telling people like me not to go to law school then think if they strike out in OCI their careers are over. Are you going to LS to become an attorney or to get a free ride?
I am an attorney

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:07 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:
future liT1g4tor wrote:
Nebby, KF and I are all pretty successful attorneys dumb dumb
Well that's good to know. Again, why tell someone you don't know not to attend? What are your predictions that may happen? What sound reason do you have? Not just about anybody but about me, a person which you don't know. But we will try nonetheless.

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Because you sound dumb and there are already too many dumb attorneys

Scratch that. Not dumb, you're self-aggrandizing and don't seem self aware enough to notice even the smallest cues that perhaps not everything people do is in reaction to how great you are.

Which would make this a decent troll if you weren't so incoherent

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:11 pm

BTW, as in many of my posts, when I am partake in talking in a broader sense it is not specifically directed at anyone in this thread.

If I say something and you take it to heart & you feel it is addressed towards you, it must be, right? No. With a lack of confidence in yourself, yes.
Last edited by future liT1g4tor on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:Because you sound dumb and there are already too many dumb attorneys

Scratch that. Not dumb, you're self-aggrandizing and don't seem self aware enough to notice even the smallest cues that perhaps not everything people do is in reaction to how great you are.

Which would make this a decent troll if you weren't so incoherent
These are assumptions, how am I dumb? For being a jr. I personally think I know more than your average national 3L.

I agree with you that there are too many dumb attorneys. This is the reason I must become one myself because as a mere citizen I cannot do anything about it. When I am a practicing attorney, I can straight out destroy them if need be.
Last edited by future liT1g4tor on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 pm

No way this is not a KF alt actually now that I think of it

Reporturd

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:15 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:No way this is not a KF alt actually now that I think of it

Reporturd
Who is that? What does brut work mean? I have an idea but don't know.

mjb447

Silver

Post by mjb447 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:27 pm

And BigLaw Jesus spake unto the gathered multitudes, saying
future liT1g4tor wrote:People in law school sit on TLS telling people like me not to go to law school then when they strike out in OCI they wonder why.

If they don't see confident in themselves, how can they see confidence in anyone else?

Are you going to LS to become an attorney or to get a free ride?
The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about.

future liT1g4tor

Bronze

Post by future liT1g4tor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Another thing I don't get is (well I get it but I find it quite unfortunate at times). If you want to stress to me (or to TLS) that you are an attorney why post behind something as close to your average tlser as an anonymous account.

Why not post your name as your actual title, Esq. So when you are answering to people and giving your opinion it is actually you. (Similar to Avvo, etc). I know it will be kind of retarded. But so is trolling on TLS as an active attorney. You can be an asset to TLS (not saying you guys aren't) & vice versa.

I obviously get why people do this, because they don't want all the nonsense they write on here days in to be associated with their professional lives. They are not giving their professional opinion so it need not be associated with their actual life as an active attorney.

Yes, it may be real corny, but that's because the norm is to have a random account and not out yourself. That's only due to the fact you don't want to be ridiculed by having all of your unfortunate contributions made on TLS exposed.

I am not advocating for TLS to change the way it is. Just a thought. I mean if I was a practicing attorney, I would do it. Sure they have Q&A's and certain people say who they are behind an actual anonymous account but nobody ever fully posts as their actual professional self. Sure you have a group of practicing attorneys that know you but the majority don't know. So I find it a waste of time to conduct in such behavior & to carry yourself in such manner. Do you not agree? Would you not contribute more by actually having the OP know it is YOU giving it to someone dry? People like to be all passive aggressive online, and they will never want that associated with themselves but this is nothing new.

You are a lawyer, behave like one. If not what exactly is the point behind bringing up too many dumb attorneys?
Last edited by future liT1g4tor on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”