GULC Students Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
PourMeTea

Platinum

Re: GULC Students Taking Questions

Post by PourMeTea » Wed May 17, 2017 6:11 pm

oh saw that, still didn't get grades. but lol at the incompetence, i hope they figure it out before graduation.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 pm

PourMeTea wrote:oh saw that, still didn't get grades. but lol at the incompetence, i hope they figure it out before graduation.
Based on this part, I'm going to guess no:
We . . . hope to have a timetable for completing the process within the next day or so.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed May 17, 2017 7:55 pm

hegotmoneyyyyy

New

Post by hegotmoneyyyyy » Wed May 17, 2017 8:53 pm

I need a new laptop and i am thinking either xps 13 or macbook air. Has anyone had any compatibility issues with mac whether it's with exam software, converting documents, or anything else? I have never had a mac so I am kind of apprehensive.

ladybug1989

Bronze

Post by ladybug1989 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 pm

One of the emails states only grades that were sent out by email. I have one grade that was posted this morning on Myaccess (didn't get an email). Could that be messed up too? This is getting ridiculous.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 pm

ladybug1989 wrote:One of the emails states only grades that were sent out by email. I have one grade that was posted this morning on Myaccess (didn't get an email). Could that be messed up too? This is getting ridiculous.
My grade that was posted today is gone now, but my one from yesterday is still up.

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 pm

hegotmoneyyyyy wrote:I need a new laptop and i am thinking either xps 13 or macbook air. Has anyone had any compatibility issues with mac whether it's with exam software, converting documents, or anything else? I have never had a mac so I am kind of apprehensive.
Georgetown doesn't use special exam software you type exams in word

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed May 17, 2017 9:30 pm

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed May 17, 2017 9:32 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ladybug1989

Bronze

Post by ladybug1989 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:
ladybug1989 wrote:One of the emails states only grades that were sent out by email. I have one grade that was posted this morning on Myaccess (didn't get an email). Could that be messed up too? This is getting ridiculous.
My grade that was posted today is gone now, but my one from yesterday is still up.
Damn, that blows. Mine is still up.

Glasseyes

Silver

Post by Glasseyes » Wed May 17, 2017 11:04 pm

This is almost as good as the time the registrar swapped the order of the curve in a 1L small section class, and then compensated for the fuckup by ruining the curve for the rest of us. Good to see Denise finding new ways to be terrible.

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Thu May 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Congrats all, we made ATL. Registrar wins once again!

RDA2930

New

Post by RDA2930 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Assuming the grade fiasco doesn't affect determining graduation honors before Sunday (re: GULC's statement in the ATL article), does anyone know if GULC hands out honor cords for cum laude/magna/summa? I know they haven't determined the cutoffs yet, but I feel like I remember seeing people with cords last year

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Thu May 18, 2017 4:27 pm

RDA2930 wrote:Assuming the grade fiasco doesn't affect determining graduation honors before Sunday (re: GULC's statement in the ATL article), does anyone know if GULC hands out honor cords for cum laude/magna/summa? I know they haven't determined the cutoffs yet, but I feel like I remember seeing people with cords last year
I've seen people taking pictures in their robes with cords already, so maybe they're for other stuff? I have no idea though.

I'm also of the opinion that graduation honors won't be determined by Sunday, because LOL registrar.

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Thu May 18, 2017 4:41 pm

They definitely forced some grades down in my class that was affected by the fiasco.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post by PourMeTea » Thu May 18, 2017 5:05 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:They definitely forced some grades down in my class that was affected by the fiasco.
Did yours show back up today?

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Thu May 18, 2017 5:10 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
BmoreOrLess wrote:They definitely forced some grades down in my class that was affected by the fiasco.
Did yours show back up today?
yea, like a half an hour ago.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Thu May 18, 2017 5:20 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:
RDA2930 wrote:Assuming the grade fiasco doesn't affect determining graduation honors before Sunday (re: GULC's statement in the ATL article), does anyone know if GULC hands out honor cords for cum laude/magna/summa? I know they haven't determined the cutoffs yet, but I feel like I remember seeing people with cords last year
I've seen people taking pictures in their robes with cords already, so maybe they're for other stuff? I have no idea though.

I'm also of the opinion that graduation honors won't be determined by Sunday, because LOL registrar.
OPICS has already handed out cords for people who've met their pro bono pledge requirement.

I hope to god there aren't special cords for cum laude/magna/summa. It's really tacky imo, and not very nice to people who don't get honors.

RDA2930

New

Post by RDA2930 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Mr. Blackacre wrote:
BmoreOrLess wrote:

OPICS has already handed out cords for people who've met their pro bono pledge requirement.

I hope to god there aren't special cords for cum laude/magna/summa. It's really tacky imo, and not very nice to people who don't get honors.
Yeah, agreed on the tackiness. Glad to hear there's likely no merit-based cords.

This grade fiasco is so infuriating. I've never known of a school with such an incompetent administration.

ChristineBaskets

New

Post by ChristineBaskets » Thu May 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Any idea when summer grants are dispersed?

Also, I just found an old email about a "Summer JD Externship program?" Does anyone know anything about this? Is it possible to actually get credits for a 1L summer internship?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Fri May 19, 2017 6:32 am

ChristineBaskets wrote:Any idea when summer grants are dispersed?

Also, I just found an old email about a "Summer JD Externship program?" Does anyone know anything about this? Is it possible to actually get credits for a 1L summer internship?
Yeah, you can get academic credit for your summer work. You just can't get credit and EJF funding for the same work. It's either or

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Fri May 19, 2017 8:25 am

TheSpanishMain wrote:
ChristineBaskets wrote:Any idea when summer grants are dispersed?

Yeah, you can get academic credit for your summer work. You just can't get credit and EJF funding for the same work. It's either or
But you can take out loans.

May be too late at this point to enroll though?

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Fri May 19, 2017 10:17 am

Don't you have to pay tuition though for an externship? That seems like a horrible deal.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 am

BmoreOrLess wrote:Don't you have to pay tuition though for an externship? That seems like a horrible deal.
Correct - you can only take out loans for the summer if you're enrolled for an externship seminar or some other class, and it's definitely too late to enroll now

and yes it does sound like a bad deal

ChristineBaskets

New

Post by ChristineBaskets » Fri May 19, 2017 11:30 am

Ahh, gotcha. Yea that sounds like an awful idea. Thanks.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”