GULC Students Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
EzraFitz

Silver

Re: GULC Students Taking Questions

Post by EzraFitz » Mon May 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Gray wrote:Yeah HAND stop taking yourself SO SERIOUSLY
:lol:
Hordika wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:and i had so much faith in #back2T14 based on tiffany's guaranteed job

doomed to have an unpreftigious law center degree forever i guess
Oh boo hoo. Like anything the TLS hivemind produces matters. Georgetown will continue to piss off people on this forum. Considering how many people here are insecure overachievers, that's the closest thing to prestige I can think of.
How is the 0L without law finals currently around them the least well-adjusted person in this topic??

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Mon May 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Hordika wrote:
buckiguy_sucks wrote:and i had so much faith in #back2T14 based on tiffany's guaranteed job

Oh boo hoo. Like anything the TLS hivemind produces matters. Georgetown will continue to piss off people on this forum. Considering how many people here are insecure overachievers, that's the closest thing to prestige I can think of.
If only we could be secure underachievers like yourself. Teach us your ways.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon May 08, 2017 3:04 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:
Hordika wrote:

If only we could be secure underachievers like yourself. Teach us your ways.
literally lol'd in the library, thanks

rizzlebizness

Bronze

Post by rizzlebizness » Mon May 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Those USNWR peer review scores will plummet once the TRUMP name makes its way in. Hey big donor money perhaps? Maybe brings in some new connects

Minnietron

Silver

Post by Minnietron » Mon May 08, 2017 5:27 pm

I know GULC doesn't have a formalized mentor system, but can I sign up for Hordika? (i.e., can Hordika be MY mentor?) I think I can learn a lot from it.
Last edited by Minnietron on Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon May 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Minnietron wrote:I know GULC doesn't have a formalized mentor system, but can I sign up for Hordika? (i.e., can Hordika be MY mentor?) I think I can learn a lot from it.
I think we all can learn a lot

Maybe be Hordika should be a mentor to the entire 3L class next year

buckiguy_sucks

Gold

Post by buckiguy_sucks » Mon May 08, 2017 7:05 pm

on the bright side our lay preftige is about to skyrocket in trump country. you could get any m&a job you want in Coshocton Ohio

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon May 08, 2017 7:20 pm

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Mon May 08, 2017 7:23 pm

I've never visited this thread before but I will be thoroughly lurking next year for juicy trump stories.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Mon May 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Hordika wrote: he's just lying out of his asshole.
"lying out of his asshole" is one of the funniest turns of phrase I've encountered on TLS. It's up there with "kill me in real life."

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Mon May 08, 2017 9:07 pm

TheSpanishMain wrote:
"lying out of his asshole" is one of the funniest turns of phrase I've encountered on TLS. It's up there with "kill me in real life."
My asshole only tells truths but they are terrible, dark truths.

TLSModBot

Diamond

Post by TLSModBot » Mon May 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:
TheSpanishMain wrote:
My asshole only tells truths but they are terrible, dark truths.
What is "Pickup lines Dique has probably used?"

I'll take "potent potables" for 400, Alex.

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Post by BlendedUnicorn » Mon May 08, 2017 10:48 pm

Capitol_Idea wrote:
ChristineBaskets wrote:Anyone care to share a story about a time when they thought they bombed an exam, their answers were incoherent and all over the place, AND they skipped entire sub-parts of questions -- yet they still ended up with a B+ or higher?
Studied my ass off for Torts. Answered every question in more detail and with more analysis than I did any other exam. Worst 1L grade

Did not pay attention in Property. Like, at all ever. Felt I did not know anything and had half of one question I took vague stabs at just to get something on paper. Got an A.

This shit has a high degree of subjectivity that for all intents and purposes borders on random ass.
Came here for the drama but + fucking one. There's been almost no correlation in how hard I've studied/how well I thought I did and the grade I actually got.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JuliusCaesar

Bronze

Post by JuliusCaesar » Tue May 09, 2017 11:47 pm

Are spring 1L grades released all at once like Fall or is each released individually?

EzraFitz

Silver

Post by EzraFitz » Wed May 10, 2017 12:28 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:Are spring 1L grades released all at once like Fall or is each released individually?
It will be subject by subject. They will release all con law grades after all con law grades are reviewed, etc. As a result, expect to get the single section electives first. I had mine before my last final even. This is at least how it was my 1L year.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed May 10, 2017 9:28 am

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Wed May 10, 2017 10:50 am

Gray wrote:
JuliusCaesar wrote:Are spring 1L grades released all at once like Fall or is each released individually?
Last year we got everything except property all at once. We woke up saturday morning to a bunch of grades IIRC? Then there was some delay with property and we didn't get it for like another week and half.
Ha. Just you wait until it's time to get your grades this year. Basically, registrar only cares about 1) releasing 1L grades altogether, and 2) releasing 3L Spring grades before graduation. Anyone else, the deadlines are basically advisory as far as they're concerned.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed May 10, 2017 10:51 am

whom gon hit on tiff

Mr. Blackacre

Bronze

Post by Mr. Blackacre » Wed May 10, 2017 11:06 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:whom gon hit on tiff
I'm probably still going to use the gym once I graduate. Looking forward to seeing the secret service everywhere. You guys better have some cool stories too.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed May 10, 2017 11:59 am

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Wed May 17, 2017 5:59 pm

This grade release nonsense has to be the point where the entire registrar's office is axed, right?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed May 17, 2017 6:01 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:This grade release nonsense has to be the point where the entire registrar's office is axed, right?
This shit is prime GULC registrar action what are you talking about

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Wed May 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Hand wrote:
BmoreOrLess wrote:This grade release nonsense has to be the point where the entire registrar's office is axed, right?
This shit is prime GULC registrar action what are you talking about
I'm excited for five emails to come from five different people which all have contradictory information. Three of the emails will be subsequently withdrawn, one of which actually had the correct information.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post by PourMeTea » Wed May 17, 2017 6:07 pm

I still have no grades what's going on :|

BmoreOrLess

Gold

Post by BmoreOrLess » Wed May 17, 2017 6:09 pm

PourMeTea wrote:I still have no grades what's going on :|
Dear Students,

I am writing to notify you of an unexpected and unprecedented issue concerning Spring 2017 grades. Due to an error by the University Registrar’s Office at main campus, grades that were not final have been posted to law students’ transcripts. Unfortunately this means the Spring grades posted to your transcript this morning may not represent your final grades. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

Normally, the law center system allows faculty to enter grades as placeholders even before they have finished grading. As a result of today’s mistake, grades at various stages of completeness were posted to transcripts in error. This premature release means that we must now go back and examine the status of all released grades. While some grades may be accurate, others were provisional or had not been reviewed by the Registrar or Associate Dean. It is possible that some grades that were posted to transcripts will change either up or down. Given the number of courses and students involved, this is a tremendous undertaking, which we will begin immediately.

We will continue to update you on the situation and hope to have a timetable for completing the process within the next day or so.

We are deeply disappointed by the University Registrar’s error, and we are employing all possible resources to correct its effects swiftly.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”