GULC Students Taking Questions Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
SubmedianHomeskAlien

New

Re: GULC Students Taking Questions

Post by SubmedianHomeskAlien » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 am

So is it cool if the paper I'm submitting for my upperclass WR/TTL is like... terrible?

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:49 pm

SubmedianHomeskAlien wrote:So is it cool if the paper I'm submitting for my upperclass WR/TTL is like... terrible?
I'm not convinced there's a lower bound for WR draft awfulness. Or for the final paper tbh.

So yeah, it's cool.

SubmedianHomeskAlien

New

Post by SubmedianHomeskAlien » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:05 am

usn26 wrote:
SubmedianHomeskAlien wrote:So is it cool if the paper I'm submitting for my upperclass WR/TTL is like... terrible?
I'm not convinced there's a lower bound for WR draft awfulness. Or for the final paper tbh.

So yeah, it's cool.
Lol, thanks.

Does that only apply to the content of the paper, or is it similarly ok if Bluebook citations are somewhat imperfect? My WR prof doesn't seem to feel like giving any feedback on my rough draft, and I'm afraid he's gonna randomly turn into a stickler once I hand in the final paper.

What are the odds of actually getting below a B/B+ in a WR course? Or being told by TTL that my Note is too crappy/doesn't conform perfectly to TTL's "style manual"?

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:17 am

SubmedianHomeskAlien wrote:
usn26 wrote:

So yeah, it's cool.
Lol, thanks.

Does that only apply to the content of the paper, or is it similarly ok if Bluebook citations are somewhat imperfect? My WR prof doesn't seem to feel like giving any feedback on my rough draft, and I'm afraid he's gonna randomly turn into a stickler once I hand in the final paper.

What are the odds of actually getting below a B/B+ in a WR course? Or being told by TTL that my Note is too crappy/doesn't conform perfectly to TTL's "style manual"?
I mean my first WR prof said "as long as I can figure out the source it's fine." My current prof seems to want it properly bluebooked. Even if the bluebooking is a shitshow I wouldn't expect that to mean more than one step or *maybe* two (so a B+ becomes a B, or maybe a B- if it's an utter catastrophe and the prof is a stickler). Your prof has to give some feedback though, right? And if he doesn't say anything about BB I wouldn't stress.

I think the odds are pretty low. I've only taken a few but I've never seen anything lower than B+. Idk about the journal, but... who cares? Better to fix it if you have to than to do that work and not need it IMO. (Although if they care I'd tell them to jump off a bridge rather than fix it, but this approach may not work for everyone.)

ThrewItAway152

New

Post by ThrewItAway152 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:26 pm

2L Spring grades––when can we expect them? Is the process quicker since we share classes with graduating 3Ls (who presumably need their grades in sooner rather than later?)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:05 pm

ThrewItAway152 wrote:2L Spring grades––when can we expect them? Is the process quicker since we share classes with graduating 3Ls (who presumably need their grades in sooner rather than later?)
Having any sort of expectations viz grades is a fool's errand at GULC.

de minimis

New

Post by de minimis » Fri May 18, 2018 12:57 am

ThrewItAway152 wrote:2L Spring grades––when can we expect them? Is the process quicker since we share classes with graduating 3Ls (who presumably need their grades in sooner rather than later?)
Profs have a different deadline for graduating 3ls. Sometimes they just get it all done faster, other times it’s typical gulc.

Lawstudent3692

New

Post by Lawstudent3692 » Mon May 21, 2018 6:50 pm

1L/2L here and looking for classes for next year - I'm definitely more of a paper person vs. final exam, but I hear that I might be digging myself into a hole. Can anyone give some advice on taking classes with a final paper? I'm looking at it for a practicum class and a seminar.

SubmedianHomeskAlien

New

Post by SubmedianHomeskAlien » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:19 pm

So if I’m looking to 3LOL, are there any practicums or seminars that are particularly good to take?

Or would I be best served just signing up for all lecture-style courses and simply not attending?

Any recommendations for good 3LOL courses would be appreciated. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

m052310

New

Post by m052310 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:49 pm

Thoughts on EIW orientation? Worth going to or am I OK skipping it?

mwells_56

New

Post by mwells_56 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:26 am

Bumping as a rising 2L taking questions

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”