UCLA School of Law Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
TLS_user

New

UCLA School of Law

Post by TLS_user » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:55 pm

Law School Programs >> California Law Schools

law.ucla.edu
UCLA School of Law is located in Los Angeles, CA. It appears on the Top Law Schools Rankings page and also has a Top Law Schools Profile written about it.

Please "post a reply" and add any comments you have about the UCLA School of Law. Many generations of prospective law students will benefit by the information you share.

poppalove

New

Post by poppalove » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:31 am

Just returned from a trip there this past weekend. The area is beautiful and the weather was fantastic. Traffic was really terrible. The campus was really nice but I was a little unimpressed with the inside of the law school. It looked a little run down. The new library looked nice. They wouldn't offer me a tour because they only do them once a week on a different day. Toured USC also and was impressed with the facilities and pretty campus but most of all the kindness of the administration and students. But will likely enroll at UCLA this fall.

Ken

Bronze

UCLA Law School Profile

Post by Ken » Tue May 30, 2006 1:04 am

An in-depth profile of UCLA Law School can be viewed by clicking on the link below:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/ucla-law-school.html

TJ24

New

Admission to UCLA's Entertainment Law Program

Post by TJ24 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:16 am

Hi. I am going to be a music major next fall. Most of the classes in my major will be non-academic. I will have some academic classes such as music history, plus my GE. I am also thinking of doing a 3-2 program to get a BA in Music and an MBA in Finance. My question is whether or not being a music major will put me at a disadvantage, even if I have a high gpa and a high LSAT score, for getting into UCLA's Entertainment Law program. Thanks.

spursfaninla

New

Post by spursfaninla » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:18 pm

Short answer; no. But you should consider getting some work experience too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bing124

New

Re: UCLA School of Law

Post by bing124 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:10 am

If you work your music experience into your personal statement you shouldn't be at any disadvantage - it might even help.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:37 am

I've actually really been pulling for a UCLA acceptance recently . . . mainly because I hate winter and snow here in the Midwest . . . I need to move back to FL . . . or UCLA for law school!!

Does anyone that's visited the school have any pics of the inside of the law school?

trbernstein

New

Post by trbernstein » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:21 am

Situation: mediocre LSAT, high GPA, lots of extracurricular and community service. Chances of getting into UCLA? I know that my personal statement is going to have to be pretty much immaculate....and I'm working on it. But does anyone know people who have gotten in based on that situation? I know they say "we look at everything" but if they see a low LSAT is my application in the trash bin?

Also, does anyone have information about their early decision program? I know that it's binding, but do they look at scores/personal statement more critically than regular admission?

mhopeful

New

Post by mhopeful » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:23 pm

does ucla law have an application status check online?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:25 pm

mhopeful wrote:does ucla law have an application status check online?

No.

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:29 am

I went to UCLA for undergrad and have my app in for this cycle. The campus is really beautiful and law school buildings are in the best part of the campus. Traffic is bad but only if you don't know the shortcuts and/or go out during the rush hour. Rent is pretty high too but better than SF. The weather's reallly nice most of the year except for 4-5 weeks when it dips into the low 50s. Other than that (and the recent fee hikes) it's all good.

Duralex

Bronze

Post by Duralex » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:31 am

Having an oddly difficult time finding pictures from inside a lecture hall.

They're nice enough, if old and therefore somewhat spartan (at least the ones I've seen.)

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

I grew up near UCLA (still live near there) and spent a lot of time on the campus.
I'm just a bit too far outside their window to have any hope of admission, which makes me sad
because it's really the only T20 school I care about at all.

I'm hoping there's some way for me to use their library (even w/o borrowing privs)
if I go to another LA area school. That would go far in making me feel better about
missing their range by a few tenths of a grade point and not being likely to compensate
for it w/test scores.

UCLA is pretty much the perfect campus, IMHO. The whole place is nice, until you start
getting into some of the 60's and 70's annex buidings, and the more recent pomo ugliness.
How 'bout this:

Sigh.

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:00 am

From what I've gathered, UCLA remains strong with socal firms, a little pullback from norcal firms but still entry, but a lot of attrition from east coast firms. Can anyone shed light on UCLA's OCI this year?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

maudlinstreet

Bronze

Post by maudlinstreet » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:07 am

Hey guys,

So I'm an intern here at TLS, and I'm currently writing up a profile on UCLA Law. I'm pretty much done with a lot of the nitty gritty, but I think the profile would benefit from having some current students' perspectives. I'd just like to ask you a few questions about the social life, the facilities, and a few other aspects of your UCLA experience.

If you are a current student or know a current student who might be interested in contributing to the TLS profile on UCLA Law, then please send me a PM or post here.

Thanks guys!

tonkatruck

New

Post by tonkatruck » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:10 am

UCLA Law is the newest of the top 25 law schools, so my guess is the buildings can't be THAT run down yet. Just guessing.

dancinginseptember

New

Post by dancinginseptember » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 pm

UCLA people: please weigh in here!

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=107245

jay115

Bronze

Post by jay115 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:58 pm

dancinginseptember wrote:UCLA people: please weigh in here!

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 1&t=107245

Eh, UCLA peeps are most likely going to let Texas kids push the OP towards Texas just so that more room opens up for themselves at LA ;)

Edit: whoops i see that it's your thread, haha. I hate humidity and Texas has disgusting humidity. Also, Westwood is a great place for 21+ age kids and I had a blast when I visited, which isn't to say Austin isn't a fun college town of course. On balance, I chose UCLA for personal reasons (I'm gay and gay in CA is probably different than gay in TX), but both are phenomenal schools. You're faced with a pleasantly difficult predicament which, I'm sure, many kids wished they faced.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”