Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
carsondalywashere

Silver

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Anyone have outlines for Schanzenbach's BA class? I have access to multiple outline banks and can do some quid pro quo.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:46 am

Has anyone taken a class with Tonja Jacobi? I'm thinking about taking contemporary supreme court cases with her for something chill and fun.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:37 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:Has anyone taken a class with Tonja Jacobi? I'm thinking about taking contemporary supreme court cases with her for something chill and fun.

she's great; so is that class. take 100.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:14 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:Has anyone taken a class with Tonja Jacobi? I'm thinking about taking contemporary supreme court cases with her for something chill and fun.

she's great; so is that class. take 100.

Awesome, thank you!

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:17 pm

Anyone have Wendy Muchman for legal ethics? I've heard Mary Foster is good but there is a different class I want to take at that time.

NLawProud

New

Postby NLawProud » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:43 am

carsondalywashere wrote:Anyone have Wendy Muchman for legal ethics? I've heard Mary Foster is good but there is a different class I want to take at that time.

I took their co-taught legal ethics in business course. Both professors are great and I would imagine that the classes are identical in content.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Silver

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 am

carsondalywashere wrote:Anyone have Wendy Muchman for legal ethics? I've heard Mary Foster is good but there is a different class I want to take at that time.

100% take. But try to take global ethics with Muchman and Foster. You won't regret it.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:45 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:

100% take. But try to take global ethics with Muchman and Foster. You won't regret it.

Ended up getting Muchman!

Last course question for this semester: should I drop contract drafting for local government practice? I am going to summer in bankruptcy and real estate. I am currently enrolled in bankruptcy and secured with markell, and I have heard those are challenging classes so I am trying to take some easier stuff. Local gov practice sounds super interesting and relevant for real estate. However, I don't know how important it is to take contract drafting before summering. Thoughts? For what it's worth, I have done some contract work at my internship but nothing super extensive.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Postby carsondalywashere » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Any advice on how to best approach Markell classes? I'm taking secured and bankruptcy at the same time, have heard this is not necessarily wise.

Mr. October

New

Postby Mr. October » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:34 pm

Anyone have outline for Lee's Admin Law Class? Will buy you a coffee at Harry's haha

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate?