Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
bond232518

Re: Northwestern 1L/2L/3L/Grads Taking Questions and Challenges

Postby bond232518 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:15 pm

IExistedOnceBefore wrote:
Gus Fring wrote:Markell gave out multiple C's and Kaidens gave someone an F. I didn't know grades under B- was a thing here.

C's are discretionary. It happens. Not sure how true the F rumor is though. Kadens is tough but she loves her students. I don't think she would willfully fuck someone over like that.

Is this even with the new curve that applies to all classes with 14 students or above?!

IExistedOnceBefore

Postby IExistedOnceBefore » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:32 pm

bond232518 wrote:
IExistedOnceBefore wrote:
Gus Fring wrote:Markell gave out multiple C's and Kaidens gave someone an F. I didn't know grades under B- was a thing here.

C's are discretionary. It happens. Not sure how true the F rumor is though. Kadens is tough but she loves her students. I don't think she would willfully fuck someone over like that.

Is this even with the new curve that applies to all classes with 14 students or above?!

Yes? C's are never required in the curve. But a professor is well within their right to give them. It's not unheard of at NU and it's not unheard of at all the other schools. The new cure is what, a 3.55, for upper level classes? It's very generous.

tommy6371

Postby tommy6371 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:28 pm

Hi there! I am applying to Northwestern University this upcoming cycle. I am currently an aerospace engineer at NASA and I would very much like to go in patent law. Can someone comment on the prospects for a person interested in patent law at Northwestern? I am a little confused because other schools have IP, patent specializations and Northwestern does not. I have heard this whole argument that it's better to go to a T14 school then a lower tiered school with a specific program. I get it but I just want to make sure Northwestern will not necessarily hurt my chances at landing a patent law career after school.

Thanks!

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”