WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
marrismarris

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:27 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby marrismarris » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 pm

Petrichor wrote:
rorobobo wrote:
marrismarris wrote:
rorobobo wrote:Any recommendations for apartments directly adjacent to metrolink stops?


You’d need to give way more info than just near the metro stops for us to give you advice. How many bedrooms/roommates? Budget? Pets? Near bars or more residential?

The easiest way to find housing is to come to St Louis and drive around a bit if possible. If that’s not possible, I would contact Village Green in STL (they run the embassy, chesterfield, and waterman-Clara) or City Wide Apartments, which manage a ton of apartment buildings, especially on Pershing Ave in the DeBaliviere neighborhood. There’s also a metro stop in the Central West End, but that neighborhood is more expensive.


Fair, looking for 0/1 BR w/o pets and sub-$1k budget. Prioritize walking distance to grocery.


CWE has studios for under 800 that allows pets, 10-15 min walk to metro stop, 3-4 mins walking to 2 different groceries.


Agreed about cwe, there’s a schnucks and Whole Foods there, but the rent on a 1bed is not sub $1k. You’re looking at ~$1250 probably. Don’t know about studios at all. Whole Foods is along the #1 bus route though, so anywhere on Pershing or waterman Blvd would also work.

Maybe look in U-City. If you go JUST ONLY 1 BLOCK north of the loop, you can find that and that’s right by United provisions, a smaller grocery. But do not go farther than a block or so.
Last tip is google earth and street view everything you’re looking at

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4568
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby PeanutsNJam » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:35 pm

marrismarris wrote:Maybe look in U-City. If you go JUST ONLY 1 BLOCK north of the loop, you can find that and that’s right by United provisions, a smaller grocery. But do not go farther than a block or so. Last tip is google earth and street view everything you’re looking at


The loop area is nice

Petrichor

Bronze
Posts: 171
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby Petrichor » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:46 am

marrismarris wrote:
Petrichor wrote:
rorobobo wrote:
marrismarris wrote:
rorobobo wrote:Any recommendations for apartments directly adjacent to metrolink stops?


You’d need to give way more info than just near the metro stops for us to give you advice. How many bedrooms/roommates? Budget? Pets? Near bars or more residential?

The easiest way to find housing is to come to St Louis and drive around a bit if possible. If that’s not possible, I would contact Village Green in STL (they run the embassy, chesterfield, and waterman-Clara) or City Wide Apartments, which manage a ton of apartment buildings, especially on Pershing Ave in the DeBaliviere neighborhood. There’s also a metro stop in the Central West End, but that neighborhood is more expensive.


Fair, looking for 0/1 BR w/o pets and sub-$1k budget. Prioritize walking distance to grocery.


CWE has studios for under 800 that allows pets, 10-15 min walk to metro stop, 3-4 mins walking to 2 different groceries.


Agreed about cwe, there’s a schnucks and Whole Foods there, but the rent on a 1bed is not sub $1k. You’re looking at ~$1250 probably. Don’t know about studios at all. Whole Foods is along the #1 bus route though, so anywhere on Pershing or waterman Blvd would also work.

Maybe look in U-City. If you go JUST ONLY 1 BLOCK north of the loop, you can find that and that’s right by United provisions, a smaller grocery. But do not go farther than a block or so.
Last tip is google earth and street view everything you’re looking at


delco, fairmount, hawthorne all have 1 bdrm under 1k.

marrismarris

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:27 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby marrismarris » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Petrichor wrote:
delco, fairmount, hawthorne all have 1 bdrm under 1k.


OP: confirmed.

(those are apartment building names in CWE)

par283

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby par283 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:37 pm

Anyone have any advice for things to do in St. Louis?

I'm flying in midday tomorrow and my visit is Monday morning and I'm not really sure what to do with myself tomorrow during the day. Also, if any current students or alums are around tomorrow night to grab a drink and offer a more realistic perspective on the law school, PM me!

JoanJ75

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 3:28 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby JoanJ75 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi all!

I’m an STL local, Princeton undergrad, committed to WUSTL. My question is in regards to one of the lesser discussed topics pervading TLS: law school dating.

I am a 6’ 2” heterosexual male. I worked as an investment banker for several years in New York, so needless to say I got plenty of attention from the ladies of the Big Apple. I drive a very nice Mercedes C-class, wear Cartier sun glasses, Rolex watches, you name it. Without disclosing too much, my savings account is quite substantial ($456,678.37 as of 8 this morning). All of this sufficed to score me several dates a week.

What concerns me is that my monetary success will be insufficient to attract women in law school. We all know the way to a woman’s heart in law a school is a high GPA. With that being said, what percentile should I aim for to be able to score a date? This is Wash U, so we all know the wannabe’s in the top-third are hard pressed to even say “hello” to a girl. Is top 5% good enough? Top 10%? Top 1%?

Thanks again,

JJ

User avatar
oshberg28

Bronze
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby oshberg28 » Tue May 08, 2018 2:50 pm

par283 wrote:Anyone have any advice for things to do in St. Louis?

I'm flying in midday tomorrow and my visit is Monday morning and I'm not really sure what to do with myself tomorrow during the day. Also, if any current students or alums are around tomorrow night to grab a drink and offer a more realistic perspective on the law school, PM me!


It really depends on what you're interested in. The Art Museum has an exhibition this summer on Egypt's lost worlds. The science center is usually quite interesting. The St. Louis zoo is consistently ranked as one of the top zoos in the nation. City Museum is not at all what you would expect based on the name (very difficult to describe, so I would suggest googling it). If you just want to relax and hang out at bars, look at CWE or Soulard.

littlekidlover

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby littlekidlover » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:58 pm

Can any upperclassman confirm that ties still get CALIs? So if my friend got the max score possible, she is certain to get the award?

User avatar
hoos89

Gold
Posts: 2114
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: WUSTL Recent Grad (and others) Taking Questions

Postby hoos89 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:02 pm

littlekidlover wrote:Can any upperclassman confirm that ties still get CALIs? So if my friend got the max score possible, she is certain to get the award?


Yes. I seem to recall a class that gave out something like 12 CALIs once.



Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests