Question.........I need some advice. Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
wbanks

New

Question.........I need some advice.

Post by wbanks » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:31 pm

I got into law school at the University of Utah which is currently ranked 45th in the nation. I also got into Southwestern and it is in Los Angeles. Should I sacrifice the ranking and go to a tier 3 school in the location that I want to practice or go to a high ranked school and try to move out to Los Angeles afterwards? The cost factor is equal because I have a scholarship to Southwestern and in state tuition at the University of Utah.

Scurredsitless1

Bronze

Re: Question.........I need some advice.

Post by Scurredsitless1 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Being that both those schools are regional, you should go to a school in the region you want to work. But since you got into Utah, you could probably get into Loyola, which would probably be a better option for los angeles.

Going to a school with the intention to work in a different region is a mistake.

Good Luck

TTTennis

Bronze

Re: Question.........I need some advice.

Post by TTTennis » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:49 pm

Scurredsitless1 wrote:Being that both those schools are regional, you should go to a school in the region you want to work. But since you got into Utah, you could probably get into Layola, which would probably be a better option for los angeles.

Going to a school with the intention to work in a different region is a mistake.

Good Luck
TITCR.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”