Houston Out of State Applicant Forum

A forum for applicants and admitted students to ask law students and graduates about law school and the practice of law.
SEATTLEITE188

New

Houston Out of State Applicant

Post by SEATTLEITE188 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 am

I know University of Houston and University of Nevada Las Vegas limit their out of state enrollment.....but I am wondering how much harder you think it is to get in from out of state.....Houston limits out of state enrollment to 35% and Las Vegas limits it to 40%.....I know not nearly as many out of state applicants who gain admission choose to enroll, so I am wondering if that balances things out somewhat in terms of the competitiveness of out of state admissions.....any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

Zojirushi

Bronze

Re: Houston Out of State Applicant

Post by Zojirushi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:53 am

SEATTLEITE188 wrote:I know University of Houston and University of Nevada Las Vegas limit their out of state enrollment.....but I am wondering how much harder you think it is to get in from out of state.....Houston limits out of state enrollment to 35% and Las Vegas limits it to 40%.....I know not nearly as many out of state applicants who gain admission choose to enroll, so I am wondering if that balances things out somewhat in terms of the competitiveness of out of state admissions.....any thoughts would be great. Thanks!
Houston is LSAT heavy. If you have a 162+, you are in. If you have a decent GPA you are probably in with a 160-161.

Return to “Ask a Law Student / Graduate”