Harvard Law School Forum

So you have the option to discuss TLS wiki matters within the forum system.
ph14

Gold

Harvard Law School

Post by ph14 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Working on updating the HLS wiki. Please post any suggestions you have!

BelugaWhale

Bronze

Re: Harvard Law School

Post by BelugaWhale » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:12 pm

Tushnet needs to get a better picture on his wiki. Can you make that happen?

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:13 pm

BelugaWhale wrote:Tushnet needs to get a better picture on his wiki. Can you make that happen?
I'm trying to figure out how to do pictures. I have no idea how you do it on the wiki. Any ideas?

BelugaWhale

Bronze

Post by BelugaWhale » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:14 pm

ph14 wrote:
BelugaWhale wrote:Tushnet needs to get a better picture on his wiki. Can you make that happen?
I'm trying to figure out how to do pictures. I have no idea how you do it on the wiki. Any ideas?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Uploading_images

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:23 pm

BelugaWhale wrote:
ph14 wrote:
Here's the problem:
Only logged in users with autoconfirmed accounts can upload images (meaning that the account must be at least four days old, and the user must have made at least ten edits).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

forumadmin

Silver

Post by forumadmin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:41 pm

ph14 wrote:
BelugaWhale wrote:
ph14 wrote:
Here's the problem:
Only logged in users with autoconfirmed accounts can upload images (meaning that the account must be at least four days old, and the user must have made at least ten edits).
The TLS wiki has some slight differences from wikipedia (but wikipedia and mediawiki help documentation can still be useful). With the TLS wiki you should be able to upload images right away (and hopefully many of you will upload photos). I'll plan to double check to make sure you can upload images right away, but please let me know if you have any issues.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:44 pm

forumadmin wrote: The TLS wiki has some slight differences from wikipedia (but wikipedia and mediawiki help documentation can still be useful). With the TLS wiki you should be able to upload images right away (and hopefully many of you will upload photos). I'll plan to double check to make sure you can upload images right away, but please let me know if you have any issues.
Ah I see, thanks. Where is the upload button? I didn't see it my first time through.

forumadmin

Silver

Post by forumadmin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:55 pm

ph14 wrote:
forumadmin wrote: The TLS wiki has some slight differences from wikipedia (but wikipedia and mediawiki help documentation can still be useful). With the TLS wiki you should be able to upload images right away (and hopefully many of you will upload photos). I'll plan to double check to make sure you can upload images right away, but please let me know if you have any issues.
Ah I see, thanks. Where is the upload button? I didn't see it my first time through.
When you are logged into the wiki you should see an "Upload file" link in the left navigation under "tools". You can upload an image through that link and then you can insert the image when you are editing a page using the filename of the image you uploaded. I just confirmed that new users can upload images right away so everything should work smoothly.

ph14

Gold

Post by ph14 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:59 pm

forumadmin wrote:
ph14 wrote:
When you are logged into the wiki you should see an "Upload file" link in the left navigation under "tools". You can upload an image through that link and then you can insert the image when you are editing a page using the filename of the image you uploaded. I just confirmed that new users can upload images right away so everything should work smoothly.
Thanks. I just uploaded a picture and added it to the Wiki so I can confirm it's working right away.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

forumadmin

Silver

Post by forumadmin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:20 pm

ph14 wrote:Thanks. I just uploaded a picture and added it to the Wiki so I can confirm it's working right away.
Thanks for your question. I just added it to the TLS wiki faq.
How do I add a photo to a page?

When you are logged into the TLS wiki you should see an "Upload file" link in the left navigation under "tools". You can upload an image through that link and then you can insert the image when you are editing a page by clicking the "Embedded file" icon in your editing toolbar.

robartvad

New

Post by robartvad » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:37 am

Currantly there is no info about this matter .. as soon as i update info as well as it happens

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:02 pm

How's this update coming?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS wiki forum”