It's that time of year: GOOD LUCK 1Ls!!!! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
scrowell

Bronze

It's that time of year: GOOD LUCK 1Ls!!!!

Post by scrowell » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Hey 1Ls, it's past thanksgiving. Time to start thinking about FINAL EXAMS!!!! :!: :!: :!:

Don't stress too much. You've been doing the readings! You'll do great!!!!!!!!!!!! I predict at least top 50% for 1/2 of you!

I know these can be stressful and confusing times...I'm a recent (fairly successful :wink: ) LS grad! WILL ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, SUBSTANTIVE OR OTHERWISE!

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Re: It's that time of year: GOOD LUCK 1Ls!!!!

Post by Mal Reynolds » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 pm

I'm having major trouble with the rule against perpetuities. Can you provide an explanation of the rule in addition to an example or two? Really lost here, thanks a lot.

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:I'm having major trouble with the rule against perpetuities. Can you provide an explanation of the rule in addition to an example or two? Really lost here, thanks a lot.
Practical advice: ignore it! I didn't know it at all and I got a B+ in property and passed the bar 1st try!

Just get all the other stuff down: mortgages, property interests, easements, LL/T and you'll do well.

Also good to know: ducking up a will/trust because of RAP will NOT be grounds for a malpractice claim. If it's an essay question you could mention that and maybe get a point or two. :wink:

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:29 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:31 pm

scrowell wrote:
Mal Reynolds wrote:I'm having major trouble with the rule against perpetuities. Can you provide an explanation of the rule in addition to an example or two? Really lost here, thanks a lot.
Practical advice: ignore it! I didn't know it at all and I got a B+ in property and passed the bar 1st try!

Just get all the other stuff down: mortgages, property interests, easements, LL/T and you'll do well.

Also good to know: ducking up a will/trust because of RAP will NOT be grounds for a malpractice claim. If it's an essay question you could mention that and maybe get a point or two. :wink:
lol we actually had a case that said this tho

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:35 pm

can you please educate me about jurisdiction scrowell?

NoDayButToday

Silver

Post by NoDayButToday » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Last edited by NoDayButToday on Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:52 pm

scrowell wrote:[words]
die

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:24 am

wtf man

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:26 am

anyriotgirl wrote:can you please educate me about jurisdiction scrowell?
I heard somewhere he passed the bar on his first try.
I'm not sure but it's a rumor I heard. You should trust him.

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:52 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:wtf man
what kind of jurisdiction? personal?

I'm very busy, ya know what I mean?

skri65

Bronze

Post by skri65 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:04 pm

scrowell wrote:

Please please do not listen to this advice. Do not ignore the rule of perpetuities. Try to get a good outline that describes the rule...don't spend forever trying to learn it, but at least be able to get some points in an exam should the rule come up. Getting a "B+" and "passing the bar 1st try" should not be your aspirations.

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:06 pm

Please Mal you need to take the RAP very seriously.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

helfer snooterbagon

Bronze

Post by helfer snooterbagon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:08 pm

What should I wear for my bike ride home, it is 35 and rainy

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:12 pm

But seriously.

This guy is shitting up the on-topics almost as badly as, say, a Greg James, a PepperJack, or a should-i-do-it.

No, he hasn't started threads praising the holocaust (yet), but where is the line?

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Ron Don Volante wrote:But seriously.

This guy is shitting up the on-topics almost as badly as, say, a Greg James, a PepperJack, or a should-i-do-it.

No, he hasn't started threads praising the holocaust (yet), but where is the line?
Dude, I'm deadly serious. I've been there and done everything related to LS (finals, finding jobs, MPRE, bar, you name it). What's your beef?

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:31 pm

skri65 wrote:
scrowell wrote:

Please please do not listen to this advice. Do not ignore the rule of perpetuities. Try to get a good outline that describes the rule...don't spend forever trying to learn it, but at least be able to get some points in an exam should the rule come up. Getting a "B+" and "passing the bar 1st try" should not be your aspirations.
Those were my goals.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 pm

NoDayButToday wrote:Also what happens to the percentage apportionment of damages under 1) UCFA and 2) modified systems when one defendant settles with the plaintiff?

THX
UFCA....? I was never tested on this

skri65

Bronze

Post by skri65 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:31 pm

scrowell wrote:
skri65 wrote:
scrowell wrote:

Those were my goals.
Yes, and those are poor goals for most students.

For the vast majority of students in law school, those goals will not get students a job sufficient to pay off their debt. It is shocking that you are unable to understand that what worked for you is a minor miracle, and to give the advice you give to students as if what worked for you will work for them is not only statistically wrong, but flat out irresponsible of you. You should hate yourself for the advice you give on this board. I worry for your company if you apply the kind of awareness that you display on this board to your legal responsibilities.
Last edited by skri65 on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anyriotgirl

Platinum

Post by anyriotgirl » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:36 pm

scrowell wrote:

Pretty much all of it :(

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:42 pm

skri65 wrote:

For the vast majority of students in law school, those goals will not get students a job sufficient to pay off their debt. It is shocking that you are unable to understand that what worked for you is a minor miracle, and to give the advice you give to students as if what worked for you will work for them is not only statistically wrong, but flat out irresponsible of you. You should hate yourself for what you are doing. I worry for your company if you apply the kind of awareness that you display on this board to your legal responsibilities.
I am a ray of hope my man. I hustled and got a good job. I feel sorry for people that are too afraid to stray from the status quo. I read TLS prior to LS. I knew myself and believed in myself. It worked out. Granted, I had to work nearly full time while going to school, but nonetheless, it worked out. Fear is the enemy.
Last edited by scrowell on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

scrowell

Bronze

Post by scrowell » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:43 pm

anyriotgirl wrote:
scrowell wrote:

Pretty much all of it :(
I feel u. Civ pro (or civ bro, as I used to call it) can be a bitch. I can email you my bar outlines if you'd like em. They're pretty clear/straightforward. Hit me with a PM if you're interested.

skri65

Bronze

Post by skri65 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:52 pm

scrowell wrote:
skri65 wrote:

For the vast majority of students in law school, those goals will not get students a job sufficient to pay off their debt. It is shocking that you are unable to understand that what worked for you is a minor miracle, and to give the advice you give to students as if what worked for you will work for them is not only statistically wrong, but flat out irresponsible of you. You should hate yourself for what you are doing. I worry for your company if you apply the kind of awareness that you display on this board to your legal responsibilities.
I am a ray of hope my man. I hustled and got a good job. I feel sorry for people that are too afraid to stray from the status quo. I read TLS prior to LS. I knew myself and believed in myself. It worked out. Granted, I had to work nearly full time while going to school, but nonetheless, it worked out. Fear is the enemy.
You really don't get it.

Ron Don Volante

Silver

Post by Ron Don Volante » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:55 pm

skri65 wrote:
scrowell wrote:
skri65 wrote:

You really don't get it.
actually you don't really get it :|

skri65

Bronze

Post by skri65 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:55 pm

scrowell wrote:
skri65 wrote:

Also, none of what you just said responds in any intelligent or comprehensible way to what I said before. Again, I worry for your company.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”