TLS 0Ls Do Europe, Summer '14. Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
thestatusguo

Bronze

TLS 0Ls Do Europe, Summer '14.

Post by thestatusguo » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:10 pm

Per the "this thread needed to happen" :) Take it away!

Will personally be there late May (post-graduation) and most of June. Traveling with another TLSer :) Planning on hitting Amsterdam, Vienna, London, Paris, Prague, Berlin, Munich, Venice, Rome.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Re: TLS 0Ls Do Europe, Summer '14.

Post by Theopliske8711 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 pm

I'll be headed to Istanbul, Rome, Dresden, Berlin (with possible Munich in between). I'll in Berlin as my final city. Highly anticipated. have about 4500 I've been saving for this.

yossarian

Silver

Post by yossarian » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Checking in! Turkey this month (1/2 credit for this thread, right?). And hopefully Spain this summer.

wsparker

Bronze

Post by wsparker » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Woohoo! Ill be going from Amsterdam to Madrid in late May! Soooooo excited and totally worth the piles and piles of work I will have to do when I get back.
Last edited by wsparker on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:29 pm

I'll be around Rome for most of August.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:30 pm

I'm doing EF College Break with a friend (future TLSer). Dublin, London, Paris, Amsterdam, and Barcelona among other places - mid-June to mid-July.

StillCutty

New

Post by StillCutty » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:43 pm

cities in switzerland, italy, serbia, montenegro, croatia, slovenia, and then a week in berlin... May - July.

Anyone started figuring out how they're going to move around? 5 country eurail select passes go away at the end of this month. The global pass looks dope, but is also very expensive. Considering some flying, but word on the street is that most the small airlines fly you into more remote airports far away from the city whereas trains will take you direct to the city center. I also like the idea of seeing different countries via train.

Any insight?

evoluna

New

Post by evoluna » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi all. I'll be working in an international law firm in Spain this summer. Hoping to travel around Europe in mid-late July. Let's talk.

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:07 pm

StillCutty wrote:cities in switzerland, italy, serbia, montenegro, croatia, slovenia, and then a week in berlin... May - July.

Anyone started figuring out how they're going to move around? 5 country eurail select passes go away at the end of this month. The global pass looks dope, but is also very expensive. Considering some flying, but word on the street is that most the small airlines fly you into more remote airports far away from the city whereas trains will take you direct to the city center. I also like the idea of seeing different countries via train.

Any insight?
Seriously?? that really sucks, it's how I've made travel work in Europe in the past and it was fantastic. Super convenient and relatively cost-effective.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

StillCutty

New

Post by StillCutty » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:13 pm

alex.cm wrote:
StillCutty wrote:cities in switzerland, italy, serbia, montenegro, croatia, slovenia, and then a week in berlin... May - July.

Any insight?
Seriously?? that really sucks, it's how I've made travel work in Europe in the past and it was fantastic. Super convenient and relatively cost-effective.
Yeah, going to buy mine before the end of the month unless I hear of any potentially better methods. You get 6 months to activate it, so anyone who buys for this summer will be okay. Trains seem like they way to make it happen.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:18 pm

I was told that Eurail pass isn't really worth it. Look at local passes by country and determine the best prices, and buy in advance.

You can use this website: http://www.seat61.com/
For Germany, use Bahn: http://www.bahn.com/i/view/GBR/en/index ... co-uk_LZ01

There are also shuttle buses, which are cheaper still, especially if you travel by night (good way to avoid an extra hotel/hostel night).

swords.for.48K

New

Post by swords.for.48K » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Thinking about trying to make a trip to Europe work sometime over the summer.

I lived in Germany for a year during undergrad and used everything from a Eurail pass to buying train tickets in individual countries to Ryanair flights- traveled Europe, Turkey, northern Africa, and the Eurail pass was comparatively cheaper than the other options and really convenient.

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:I was told that Eurail pass isn't really worth it. Look at local passes by country and determine the best prices, and buy in advance.

There are also shuttle buses, which are cheaper still, especially if you travel by night (good way to avoid an extra hotel/hostel night).
... are you genuinely saying you can ride a bus all night, sleep, and wake up perky and raring to go the next morning??

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:36 pm

alex.cm wrote:
Theopliske8711 wrote:I was told that Eurail pass isn't really worth it. Look at local passes by country and determine the best prices, and buy in advance.

... are you genuinely saying you can ride a bus all night, sleep, and wake up perky and raring to go the next morning??
I meant that mostly for trains. Still, nothing a good sleeping pill or 2 wont fix. Or a lot of caffeine.

yossarian

Silver

Post by yossarian » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:
alex.cm wrote:

I meant that mostly for trains. Still, nothing a good sleeping pill or 2 wont fix. Or a lot of caffeine.
I try not to do this two nights in a row, but I thought most people did this when traveling. Also, an americano is good for the perky.

FluffMonster

Gold

Post by FluffMonster » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Wow. A lot of people going to Europe this summer. I'll be in Frankfurt and Landau visiting family during June.

The Dark Shepard

Bronze

Post by The Dark Shepard » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 pm

I wish :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ParisetMoi

New

Post by ParisetMoi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:31 pm

Spending most of my summer in London. I'm hoping to also go to Paris and Antwerp for a few days. I also really want to go to Venice but I think it'll be lame to go there by myself

Captain Rodeo

Bronze

Post by Captain Rodeo » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:40 pm

ParisetMoi wrote:Spending most of my summer in London. I'm hoping to also go to Paris and Antwerp for a few days. I also really want to go to Venice but I think it'll be lame to go there by myself

Venice is pretty cool- but it's tiny; so I get where you're coming from, at least from that perspective. Maybe you could make it a day trip and go to some of the tiny towns surrounding it?

thechancellor

Silver

Post by thechancellor » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:10 am

ParisetMoi wrote:Spending most of my summer in London. I'm hoping to also go to Paris and Antwerp for a few days. I also really want to go to Venice but I think it'll be lame to go there by myself
It's pretty walkable though as I recall, with lots of little cafes and stores etc. I think that's actually probably a better place to be by oneself than Paris - although I'm generally pretty happy to wander around and be touristy on my own so there is that.

ParisetMoi

New

Post by ParisetMoi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I actually have family in Paris and know quite a few people there but I'll definitely look into Venice - it seems like a lovely place to be in summer

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

purplethunder

New

Post by purplethunder » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Going to Germany, Greece, and Turkey in late July/early August

Who needs money for rent when you can blow all your savings on a trip to Europe?

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:53 pm

Just booked my Hostels in Istanbul, Rome, and Berlin. Need to solidify the in between of the last two. I really look forward to the Berlin and Rome Hostels since I've heard they are great.

kenwash

Bronze

Post by kenwash » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:58 pm

Asia anyone?

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Ohhhhh, I so want to be part of this thread. I think I'm too broke for it to happen though. :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”