Wake Forest Law Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
itachiuchiha

Silver

Wake Forest Law Class of 2017

Post by itachiuchiha » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:10 am

Fire away. Hopefully I can get my scholly high enough to meet you guys this fall :)

Yazzzay

Bronze

Re: Wake Forest Law Class of 2017

Post by Yazzzay » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:30 pm

Well this thread is disappointingly empty. Not 100% set on Wake but it's definitely near the top of the list! Noone else?

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:11 am

Yazzzay wrote:Well this thread is disappointingly empty. Not 100% set on Wake but it's definitely near the top of the list! Noone else?
Same here. Waiting on scholarship info from Vandy (if any, I'm not likely to get much) and still need to negotiate, but I think there's at least a 60/70% chance I'll be at Wake in the fall!

Can't remember how I stumbled upon this, but here's a good starting point for housing opportunities: http://rlh.wfu.edu/uploads/2011/07/area ... 4-2013.pdf

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Yazzzay wrote:Well this thread is disappointingly empty. Not 100% set on Wake but it's definitely near the top of the list! Noone else?
the thread is a couple days old. But let's see, there is a lot of talk going on in the admissions forums so we should be getting more people here soon.

zippernicus

Bronze

Post by zippernicus » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:53 pm

AT9 wrote:
Same here. Waiting on scholarship info from Vandy (if any, I'm not likely to get much) and still need to negotiate, but I think there's at least a 60/70% chance I'll be at Wake in the fall!

Can't remember how I stumbled upon this, but here's a good starting point for housing opportunities: http://rlh.wfu.edu/uploads/2011/07/area ... 4-2013.pdf

I'm from the area so if anyone has questions about any of these complexes, let me know... some of them are much safer/nicer than others and anything over 5 miles away is silly, Winston-Salem is not big enough that you should need to get an apt 9 or 15 miles from campus. The Ardmore Terrace ones are by Wake's hospital and where a lot of med students live.

(Still haven't heard from Wake, but just throwing my $.02 in )

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:25 pm

zippernicus wrote:
AT9 wrote:

I'm from the area so if anyone has questions about any of these complexes, let me know... some of them are much safer/nicer than others and anything over 5 miles away is silly, Winston-Salem is not big enough that you should need to get an apt 9 or 15 miles from campus. The Ardmore Terrace ones are by Wake's hospital and where a lot of med students live.

What do you know about:

Alaris Village
Ashton Oaks
Brookford Place
Carolina Woods
Sugar Creek Trace
Corners at Crystal Lake
The Enclave at North Point
Winston Factory Lofts

Where are some affordable, decent places to live downtown? Or at least someplace to start looking?

Thanks!

trackstar953

New

Post by trackstar953 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:36 am

zippernicus wrote:
AT9 wrote:

Also, what do you know about house rentals? Fiancee and I would prefer renting a house over an apartment but are having rouble finding a good listing of what's availble around Wake Forest.

LShopeful628

New

Post by LShopeful628 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:27 am

100% going to Wake Law but haven't submitted my deposit yet, waiting for the reduced rate for going to March 21 ASD.

The housing list on law.wfu.edu won't be up until march but if you go to wfu.edu and search "housing" they have listings that have been posted by people for rooms/houses/apts for rent. Also, there is the information about the off-campus properties that Wake owns and rents out to students, you'd have house mates but WF requires all undergrads to live on campus for the first three years so the youngest house mate you could end up with is a Senior in UG.

awoodard

New

Post by awoodard » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Last edited by awoodard on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:26 am

Alright guys, I posted in the choosing a law school section but wanted to get your thoughts. With no undergrad debt and spouse covering COL (assuming she can get a job), which would you take?

Vandy: $90K tuition
Wake Forest: $10K tuition

Pretty much down to these two for me. Feel free to PM me if you have more insight, or if you just don't want to side-track this thread.

Yanky91

Bronze

Post by Yanky91 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:59 am

AT9 wrote:Alright guys, I posted in the choosing a law school section but wanted to get your thoughts. With no undergrad debt and spouse covering COL (assuming she can get a job), which would you take?

Pretty much down to these two for me. Feel free to PM me if you have more insight, or if you just don't want to side-track this thread.
If you could really do Vanderbilt for less than 100k when all is said and done, then I would choose that over Wake Forest.

wsucougars2014

New

Post by wsucougars2014 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:51 am

Hey everyone,

I am currently struggling to make the decision between Wake Forest Law and William and Mary Law. Since I am across the country I am not able to travel and visit these colleges and would greatly appreciate any advice about these two law schools, pros and cons. For me they are financially equal, have great programs and I am flexible to living in small town or city. Any information would help. THANKS!

itachiuchiha

Silver

Post by itachiuchiha » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:14 am

AT9 wrote:Alright guys, I posted in the choosing a law school section but wanted to get your thoughts. With no undergrad debt and spouse covering COL (assuming she can get a job), which would you take?

VANDERBILT!!! Definitely for under hundred, but Wake did give you a great scholly!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:44 pm

Yanky91 wrote:
If you could really do Vanderbilt for less than 100k when all is said and done, then I would choose that over Wake Forest.
itachiuchiha wrote:
VANDERBILT!!! Definitely for under hundred, but Wake did give you a great scholly!
Thanks for the answers! Seems to be the common advice around here. Can't wait to visit both next week; I'm hoping one will really jump out at me as the place for me.

njdevils2626

Silver

Post by njdevils2626 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:10 pm

Hey all! Haven't checked out this thread much, got most of my applications in late. Wake Forest was more of a safety school for me, I think, but I just got my acceptance letter with an offer of 30K per year so it's good to have that first acceptance under my belt. May not end up here with the rest of you, but looking forward to getting to know some of you and hang out here until I make a call!

gingerbread

New

Post by gingerbread » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:33 pm

wsucougars2014 wrote:Hey everyone,

I am currently struggling to make the decision between Wake Forest Law and William and Mary Law. Since I am across the country I am not able to travel and visit these colleges and would greatly appreciate any advice about these two law schools, pros and cons. For me they are financially equal, have great programs and I am flexible to living in small town or city. Any information would help. THANKS!
I'm in the same boat after receiving a nice scholly at Wake. My initial impression is that W&M has slightly better employment stats and doesn't seem to be quite as restricted by regionality. I could be completely wrong though and it might just come down to personal fit. I'm planning to go to ASD for both schools next week, so hopefully I'll know the answer soon :)

Yanky91

Bronze

Post by Yanky91 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:45 pm

I am having trouble choosing between wake which offered a nice scholarship and UIUC which offered full tuition. Which would you guys choose? Wake will cost me 25k tuition (not COL) and UIUC will cost me $0 tuition (not COL). Please let me know.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Yanky91 wrote:I am having trouble choosing between wake which offered a nice scholarship and UIUC which offered full tuition. Which would you guys choose? Wake will cost me 25k tuition (not COL) and UIUC will cost me $0 tuition (not COL). Please let me know.
I think I may have commented in a thread you made, but if Midwest, go UIUC. If southeast, go Wake.

Also, visited both Wake and Vandy this week. While I love Vandy and Nashville, the extra $80-$100k in debt is just too steep for me. I'm basically forced into biglaw type work if I want to pay it off in any reasonable time. And working 70 hour weeks in biglaw only to pay off debt sounds really sucky, not to mention it's not a guarantee form Vandy.

Hope to see you all there!

Yanky91

Bronze

Post by Yanky91 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:26 pm

AT9 wrote:I think I may have commented in a thread you made, but if Midwest, go UIUC. If southeast, go Wake.

Also, visited both Wake and Vandy this week. While I love Vandy and Nashville, the extra $80-$100k in debt is just too steep for me. I'm basically forced into biglaw type work if I want to pay it off in any reasonable time. And working 70 hour weeks in biglaw only to pay off debt sounds really sucky, not to mention it's not a guarantee form Vandy.

Hope to see you all there!
Thanks. Yeah, 100k in debt sucks, and your back would be against a wall with such debt. From Wake you have the luxury of choosing what you want to do, because you don't have debt pushing you to take the highest paying job. IMO Wake is right for you. I visited Wake too. It was a quaint little town. I went to this super old bakery while I was there, Reynolda gardens was nice even though the flowers weren't in bloom, and Krankies coffee was really good. The city had charm too. There's some good food if you know where to look.

cricketlove00

Silver

Post by cricketlove00 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Checking in. 90 percent sure I'll be going to Wake. I'll be visiting the admitted students day next week.

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:53 pm

Made the call tonight to go to Wake Forest. Hope to meet you all this fall!

Anyone else going for sure?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

xqa00

New

Post by xqa00 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:35 am

I've decided over the weekend on wake for the fall. Between how the school felt and the opportunities it will provide in addition to the amazing offer that wake made me, I'm incredibly excited to start. I put down a deposit for a two room apartment at Crowne Polo before the admitted students day, so I should be a lock there. I'll probably start moving all my stuff down there a month before orientation. Now just to find a roommate

LShopeful628

New

Post by LShopeful628 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:10 pm

100% for sure going! My lease starts on June 10!

On a related note, my 21st birthday will be only a couple of weeks after I move to WS, so if anyone is gonna be in town and wants to be my friend/drinking buddy PM me! I'd really rather not spend my birthday on a hot date with a bottle of wine :roll:

cricketlove00

Silver

Post by cricketlove00 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:40 am

xqa00 wrote:I've decided over the weekend on wake for the fall. Between how the school felt and the opportunities it will provide in addition to the amazing offer that wake made me, I'm incredibly excited to start. I put down a deposit for a two room apartment at Crowne Polo before the admitted students day, so I should be a lock there. I'll probably start moving all my stuff down there a month before orientation. Now just to find a roommate
Crowne Polo is where it's at. I put my deposit in too and am also looking for a room mate. TLS match made in heaven?

sunnyd101

New

Post by sunnyd101 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:51 am

Oops wrong thread, moving to the appropriate one!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”