UC Davis Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
yeslekkkk

Bronze

UC Davis Class of 2017

Post by yeslekkkk » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:18 am

UC Davis Class of 2017!

I thought I'd start a thread to get some conversation rolling. There has been tons of discussion about UC Davis on the UC Hastings threads but no UC Davis discussion. So who has been admitted and who is considering attending UC Davis?

I'm an undergrad alum, so we can also discuss the City of Davis as well.

Connor Benz

Bronze

Re: UC Davis Class of 2017

Post by Connor Benz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:25 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:UC Davis Class of 2017!

I thought I'd start a thread to get some conversation rolling. There has been tons of discussion about UC Davis on the UC Hastings threads but no UC Davis discussion. So who has been admitted and who is considering attending UC Davis?

I'm an undergrad alum, so we can also discuss the City of Davis as well.
While I don't go to King Hall, I got accepted there and seriously considered it. I went to Cal undergrad and I know a couple of people who go there now. Davis is a great small college town and I think it is perfect for Law school because there will be less distractions. There is just enough to do, if you know what I mean. Sacramento is about 15-25 minutes away and it is in close proximity to the State's Capitol and a hour out from the Bay Area, which presents a plethora of internships opportunities. Congratulations on getting into Davis! I can never say anything bad about any University of California campus.

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:18 pm

There is just no love here. I am not even remotely committed to Davis, but it seems no one else cares! Anyways, is there anyone on the world wide web going to the Admitted Student Day?

Jamesta25

New

Post by Jamesta25 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 am

I care! I'll be at ASW too and am strongly leaning toward Davis. I think a lot of decisions have yet to be sent, especially scholarship info, so a lot of people are undecided. I looked on the Admitted Students Website today though and there are already a bunch of committed 1Ls who have posted on the Housing page looking for roommates for next year.

ajl17

New

Post by ajl17 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:08 am

I'm concerned too that I haven't heard back. Is this thread also indicative that most people with maybe/lower stats are also still waiting to hear back?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:34 pm

Jamesta25 wrote:I care! I'll be at ASW too and am strongly leaning toward Davis. I think a lot of decisions have yet to be sent, especially scholarship info, so a lot of people are undecided. I looked on the Admitted Students Website today though and there are already a bunch of committed 1Ls who have posted on the Housing page looking for roommates for next year.
I just looked over the list. I'm glad to know people exist. Yeah, I think a lot of people are undecided just because the school is being so slow sending out key information for making a decision. I'm excited to head to ASW. I can't make the friday night event in Sac though. It requires a car and my flight is too late.

acpf29

New

Post by acpf29 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:45 pm

Hey everyone! Congrats on considering King Hall! I'm a 1L this year and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the school or the area. I absolutely love it here.

Also (gah, sorry, my ulterior motive is painfully obvious), I'm currently looking for a roommate (but don't have access to the admitted students list that you guys can see). If anyone is interested, please let me know! I'd prefer another woman, but it doesn't really matter. Rent including all utilities, internet and cable is around $680 a month. It's in a really nice area, where currently 6 other law students are living (http://www.cambridgehouseapartments.com/). Send me a message if you'd like some pictures or want more information.

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:12 pm

I'm sending my deposit to Davis! Excited! It's official! Anyone else out there?

Jamesta25

New

Post by Jamesta25 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:15 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:I'm sending my deposit to Davis! Excited! It's official! Anyone else out there?
Me too! Very excited!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bobloblaw0227

New

Post by bobloblaw0227 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Jamesta25 wrote:
yeslekkkk wrote:I'm sending my deposit to Davis! Excited! It's official! Anyone else out there?
Me too! Very excited!
Me three. Let's gooooooo

brorepresentation1

New

Post by brorepresentation1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Davis is a wonderful school and an even better town. You will not regret your decision. Go aggies.

cynliao31

New

Post by cynliao31 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:23 pm

Hey everyone, I'm an incoming 1L looking for housing and roommate(s)!
I'm just wondering if there are any girls looking to fill a room or want to look for a place together?
Send me a message if you're interested!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”