UofArizona Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
ASUPHI2LAW

New

UofArizona Class of 2017

Post by ASUPHI2LAW » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:56 pm

Congratulations on your acceptance to The University of Arizona, class of 2017! Use this thread to connect with other new admits, to discuss relevant information, or to chat with current or alum students!

Seat Deposits Information:
First (discounted) Seat Deposit Due: April 1, 2014- $250
First Regular Seat Deposit Due: April 15, 2014- $300
Second Regular Seat Deposit Due: June 3, 2014- $250

New admit page:
https://www.law.arizona.edu/Admissions/forum/login.cfm
Last edited by ASUPHI2LAW on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Re: UofA Class of 2017

Post by yeslekkkk » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Be more specific about what UofA this is. University of Arizona? University of Alabama? University of Arkansas?

Snowboarder1588

Bronze

Post by Snowboarder1588 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:34 pm

I'm gonna assume you mean University of Arizona. Anyone get info about travel stipends for Admitted Student day?

ASUPHI2LAW

New

Post by ASUPHI2LAW » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:37 pm

Snowboarder1588 wrote:I'm gonna assume you mean University of Arizona. Anyone get info about travel stipends for Admitted Student day?

No travel stipends yet, but I won't need one. You might have to request it..? Not sure. Anyways, scholly info was sent out today!

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Re: UofArizona Class of 2017

Post by yeslekkkk » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Full tuition scholarship! I will def be at the admitted students weekend. It's a very good offer for me!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ASUPHI2LAW

New

Post by ASUPHI2LAW » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:18 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:Full tuition scholarship! I will def be at the admitted students weekend. It's a very good offer for me!
Uh oh, I haven't gotten an email yet... don't tell me that means no scholly for me... :(

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:43 pm

Who is going to be at the admitted students event?!

JUCO

New

Post by JUCO » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:52 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:Full tuition scholarship! I will def be at the admitted students weekend. It's a very good offer for me!
Did you get that in an Email?
ASUPHI2LAW wrote:
Anyways, scholly info was sent out today!
Where did you hear that?

ASUPHI2LAW

New

Post by ASUPHI2LAW » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:39 pm

If you log in to the new admit page and look under student forum, the law school admission advisor told a student that scholly was sent out, or at least, that they would start sending it out on that day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

yeslekkkk

Bronze

Post by yeslekkkk » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:27 pm

JUCO wrote:
Did you get that in an Email?
ASUPHI2LAW wrote:
Anyways, scholly info was sent out today!
Where did you hear that?
I got it in an email.

ASUPHI2LAW

New

Post by ASUPHI2LAW » Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:49 pm

yeslekkkk wrote:Who is going to be at the admitted students event?!
I'm going March 28-29!

Savage13

New

Post by Savage13 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:35 pm

Looks like there is a good chance I will be attending Arizona next fall. Anyone have any tips about good neighborhoods in Tucson? I need somewhere safe for small children and I don't mind a longer commute.

ASUPHI2LAW

New

Post by ASUPHI2LAW » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Savage13 wrote:Looks like there is a good chance I will be attending Arizona next fall. Anyone have any tips about good neighborhoods in Tucson? I need somewhere safe for small children and I don't mind a longer commute.
I've heard from many to live as close to campus as possible since commuting isn't easy. Someone can clarify, but thats all I have heard.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

navierstokes

New

Post by navierstokes » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:16 am

ASUPHI2LAW wrote:
Savage13 wrote:Looks like there is a good chance I will be attending Arizona next fall. Anyone have any tips about good neighborhoods in Tucson? I need somewhere safe for small children and I don't mind a longer commute.
I've heard from many to live as close to campus as possible since commuting isn't easy. Someone can clarify, but thats all I have heard.
Not a law student but I went to UA for undergrad and grad school, and have lived in Tucson my whole life. I'll try my best to help. TLDR: if you are looking for someplace 1) safe, 2) nice, and 3) quiet, look east and/or north of campus. You will likely have to commute but this is far from a bad thing.

More detail:
  • Generally speaking, east and north of campus will be your best bets (south/west of campus are mostly populated by undergrads and/or not very nice areas).
  • Sam Hughes (neighborhood just east of campus) is nice but can be pretty pricey. It is mostly older retired people and grad students. I could see it being great for a group of grad students and/or law students that want to split rooms in a house. It's okay for kids, but I think there are better areas.
  • If you don't mind a longer commute, eastside Tucson (Broadway and country club all the way to about Harrison) is pretty quiet and good for kids. Lots of apartments and single family homes here. It's mostly families and older students that live here and you'd be looking at a 15-30 minute drive depending on how far you go. Also, the rent in this area is a bit cheaper.
  • Similarly, the area around River and La Cholla -- or more generally, northwest Tucson -- is also really nice for families or people who just want someplace quiet. Also a 20-30 minute commute (closer to 20 in my experience).
  • I would NOT recommend the shiny new apartments downtown and near 4th avenue unless you like lots of noise and riff raff.
The above are just broad generalizations to help narrow down your search to specific parts of town. Overall, there are lots of great places to live in Tucson, but the city has some odd sketchy pockets (Grant/Alvernon for example), and there are random nice areas in the middle of not-so-nice ones. Finding housing here is fairly easy and not too competitive compared to bigger cities. I can also recommend specific apartment/housing complexes by PM.

On the subject of commuting, it is rather painless and it is common for students (undergrad and grad students for sure, not sure about law students because I don't know very many) to commute. The basics:
  • Campus parking passes are expensive, but the lots and garages are in convenient areas and it's easy to get in and out quickly.
  • Rush hour can be bad but not gridlocked-bad.
  • It depends on what your preferences are, but if you have a car or bike and you've had your fill of the college experience, I really would suggest living off campus if you can. There are people who live close to campus and love it, but in my opinion one would still enjoy a high quality of life living further away in a quiet, nice area. While I was attending UA I drove to campus 5-6 days a week (for about 3-4 years) to study and I didn't really mind because I loved my apartment so much.
If anyone has any further questions I'd be happy to answer them either here or by PM!

Loney M. Setnick

Bronze

Post by Loney M. Setnick » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:41 am

Pretty sure this thread is totally dead, but just in case, would any of you be willing to help me access old exams from the U of Arizona library archive? I have one of the Tort professors as my professor this year and since the exam archive is password protected, I can't access them. PM me if you're able to help me out! Thanks :)

username8112

New

Post by username8112 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:12 pm

Loney M. Setnick wrote:Pretty sure this thread is totally dead, but just in case, would any of you be willing to help me access old exams from the U of Arizona library archive? I have one of the Tort professors as my professor this year and since the exam archive is password protected, I can't access them. PM me if you're able to help me out! Thanks :)
Yup, same situation. Anyone willing to help?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”