Chicago Law Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
tls2175

Bronze

Re: Chicago Law Class of 2017

Post by tls2175 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Checking in! Hi, all!

Let It Roll

New

Post by Let It Roll » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Checking in. :)

Can't wait to visit.

wsparker

Bronze

Post by wsparker » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:34 am

Here's the link to last years thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=200475

Tons of good info, I have been reading it while procrastinating at work and getting even more excited to visit!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:08 pm

Does anyone know when they send out that financial aid email they referred to in the acceptance email?

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Nonconsecutive wrote:Does anyone know when they send out that financial aid email they referred to in the acceptance email?
Decisions will be made at the end of February and notifications should be out before mid-March.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:28 pm

Gotcha, thanks!

lastsamurai

Silver

Post by lastsamurai » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:36 pm

wsparker wrote:Here's the link to last years thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=200475

Tons of good info, I have been reading it while procrastinating at work and getting even more excited to visit!
Hey ChampagnePapi - could you add the information from the OP of last year's thread to this year? TYIA

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Grats guys, current 2L and happy to answer questions you might have either here or by PM. If you post any questions in any thread on TLS that has even the most tenuous of connections to UChi I will surely happen upon it there too.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:12 pm

lastsamurai wrote:
wsparker wrote:Here's the link to last years thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=200475

Hey ChampagnePapi - could you add the information from the OP of last year's thread to this year? TYIA
Done. I can update it too if you guys want to add anything.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Does anyone else still have their interviewer in their Skype contacts? Every time I go to delete him, some superstition keeps me from doing it.

Maybe I'm just subconsciously planning to call him sometime and see what's up.

Nonconsecutive

Gold

Post by Nonconsecutive » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:Does anyone else still have their interviewer in their Skype contacts? Every time I go to delete him, some superstition keeps me from doing it.

Maybe I'm just subconsciously planning to call him sometime and see what's up.
I do, but I also never really use my Skype account, so I have lots of people in there I spoke too once then never again. However, I support your superstition. :lol:

thewaves

Bronze

Post by thewaves » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Any idea when we hear back about merit scholarships?

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:15 pm

thewaves wrote:Any idea when we hear back about merit scholarships?
Financial Aid Office wrote:We will begin to release awards in early March to those students having completed their forms on time.  Please note that we do not begin to pull forms until after the deadline so we will not be able to confirm receipt before then. However, if you are admitted later in the season, you will receive your award approximately a month after your admission.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thewaves

Bronze

Post by thewaves » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Financial Aid Office wrote:We will begin to release awards in early March to those students having completed their forms on time.  Please note that we do not begin to pull forms until after the deadline so we will not be able to confirm receipt before then. However, if you are admitted later in the season, you will receive your award approximately a month after your admission.
Ah thanks, I haven't begun to look at Chicago's information yet. Sounds like Chicago requires financial aid forms for you to be considered for merit scholarships.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:47 pm

thewaves wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
Ah thanks, I haven't begun to look at Chicago's information yet. Sounds like Chicago requires financial aid forms for you to be considered for merit scholarships.
No, they just put that in there for merit/need scholarships. You are automatically considered for merit scholarships upon admittance.

We just don't find out until March.

JDeezy

Bronze

Post by JDeezy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:14 pm

I'm way early on this but I'm heading out of the country soon. Anyone looking for a roommate in Regents for the fall? Apparently it is the place to be.

I'm a pretty normal dude. 25 years old. Average looks, above average charm.

I can't find the link anymore but I remember seeing Regents is ~1100/mo for a studio and ~1600/mo total for a double, which seems like a good deal. Can anyone confirm that?

PM me.

Synch

Bronze

Post by Synch » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:29 pm

JDeezy wrote:I'm way early on this but I'm heading out of the country soon. Anyone looking for a roommate in Regents for the fall? Apparently it is the place to be.

I can't find the link anymore but I remember seeing Regents is ~1100/mo for a studio and ~1600/mo total for a double, which seems like a good deal. Can anyone confirm that?

PM me.
Solid 100th post

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:45 pm

JDeezy wrote:I'm way early on this but I'm heading out of the country soon. Anyone looking for a roommate in Regents for the fall? Apparently it is the place to be.

PM me.
I pay 1100 for a 1BD. Its like the ugliest apartment in the building though. The cheapest ones are unrenovated. See the OP.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
thewaves wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
No, they just put that in there for merit/need scholarships. You are automatically considered for merit scholarships upon admittance.

We just don't find out until March.
This is true except for the Ruby. People started getting offered those on January 30, last year.

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:14 pm

kershka wrote:This is true except for the Ruby. People started getting offered those on January 30, last year.
You're right. Sorry, kershka, I was talking about us normal folks that don't have superhuman numbers. Also, I liked your other avi better :P

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:55 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
kershka wrote:This is true except for the Ruby. People started getting offered those on January 30, last year.
You're right. Sorry, kershka, I was talking about us normal folks that don't have superhuman numbers. Also, I liked your other avi better :P
lol, just trying this one out. We'll see if it lasts :P

And I'm eagerly awaiting the Ruby offers so that I can spend days beating myself up about not retaking the LSAT. Should be fun :wink:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:09 pm

Last edited by Ricky-Bobby on Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Ricky-Bobby wrote:
kershka wrote:
Ricky-Bobby wrote:
lol, just trying this one out. We'll see if it lasts :P

And I'm eagerly awaiting the Ruby offers so that I can spend days beating myself up about not retaking the LSAT. Should be fun :wink:
Tell me about it. I took the LSAT cold after looking at the structure of the exam for an hour. I still don't know why I did that. I missed 0 RC, and 1 on one of the LR sections. Completely ran out of time on the LGs and answered two whole games "B." Then scores came out and I was above last year's full-tuition point for WUSTL, so I let it ride. I did get the full-tuition at WUSTL, and I was stoked to matriculate, but then I got the UChi email... I never expected to get anywhere but the waitlist, so now that it's actually an option I'm kicking myself left and right for leaving money on the table.

Could I retake, get a 175, and apply next year for a Ruby? Probably. Will I? Nope.
Yep. That's what happens. I took the June LSATs and had the flu. I had to actually leave the exam room during my last section and barely made it back in time to randomly guess the last five questions. Where did almost every question I got wrong come from? Those last five questions. Now that Hamiltons/Butlers are going out, I am really regretting my choice not to retake but what can you do? C'est la vie.

HarvardHopeful

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:05 pm

Anyone else obsessively checking their inbox/spam folder hoping to find a hidden Ruby in there? Can't stop, won't stop.

kershka

Silver

Post by kershka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:09 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:Anyone else obsessively checking their inbox/spam folder hoping to find a hidden Ruby in there? Can't stop, won't stop.
You have no cause for anxiety. Go bask in your Levy invite and SLS acceptance :P
Last edited by kershka on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”