UC-Berkeley Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)
bayareabruin

New

Re: UC-Berkeley Class of 2017

Post by bayareabruin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:38 pm

I called the Admissions Office today, and I can confirm what koalacity said. The person I spoke to couldn't even check whether or not my application was received by the priority deadline (which I asked about in an e-mail last week), and the individual in charge of the matching application is indeed out of the office. I was told that they were probably not going to get responses out by applicants' deadlines but they would try to have decisions by the end of the month.

I'm a little surprised that the person in charge of handling all this would be out of the office at this point, and I am pretty unhappy about them probably not meeting the other deadlines. Still my top choice...but...very lukewarm about how they're handling stuff.

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:39 pm

waferthinmint wrote:IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE SIGNING ONTO MYFINAID?!

it hasn't been working for me since Friday - it has me select "student or staff" and then says "update failed; click OK to refresh page." on chrome and internet explorer. : (
Sounds like a solid excuse to call them! It's working for me on both a PC and on a Mac (both with Chrome). Are you going through BearFacts or directly to the MyFinAid page?

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:43 pm

waferthinmint wrote:IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING TROUBLE SIGNING ONTO MYFINAID?!

it hasn't been working for me since Friday - it has me select "student or staff" and then says "update failed; click OK to refresh page." on chrome and internet explorer. : (
+1 I thought I was the only one having issues.

waferthinmint

Bronze

Post by waferthinmint » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:45 pm

what a clusterf-. :roll:

eta: was going directly to myfinaid; have now confirmed that it still happens when going through bearfacts.

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:55 pm

waferthinmint wrote:what a clusterf-. :roll:

eta: was going directly to myfinaid; have now confirmed that it still happens when going through bearfacts.
That probably means that they're about to give both you and Dr.Zer0 a full ride. I see no other plausible explanation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:58 pm

bayareabruin wrote:I called the Admissions Office today, and I can confirm what koalacity said. The person I spoke to couldn't even check whether or not my application was received by the priority deadline (which I asked about in an e-mail last week), and the individual in charge of the matching application is indeed out of the office. I was told that they were probably not going to get responses out by applicants' deadlines but they would try to have decisions by the end of the month.

I'm a little surprised that the person in charge of handling all this would be out of the office at this point, and I am pretty unhappy about them probably not meeting the other deadlines. Still my top choice...but...very lukewarm about how they're handling stuff.
it has been suggested that perhaps her washing machine overflowed, or she had a surprise baby, or something.

(but i'm totally on board with you--i think there are very few justifiable reasons someone should be out of the office at this point in the cycle, and i'm hoping she has one of those very justifiable reasons)

waferthinmint

Bronze

Post by waferthinmint » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:00 pm

koalacity wrote:

That probably means that they're about to give both you and Dr.Zer0 a full ride. I see no other plausible explanation.
:lol: you da best.

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:00 pm

waferthinmint wrote:
koalacity wrote:

:lol: you da best.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Denied my matching request. Can you be eligible for other merit aid? If might as well just drop now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:24 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:Denied my matching request. Can you be eligible for other merit aid? If might as well just drop now.
there are deans merit scholarships of varying amounts, but I'm not sure how those are given out

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:30 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:Denied my matching request. Can you be eligible for other merit aid? If might as well just drop now.
Sorry to hear :(. I think it could be possible to get a Dean's scholarship after being denied for matching, but extremely unlikely.

Mind if I ask when you submitted?

barrelofmonkeys

Gold

Post by barrelofmonkeys » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:06 pm

Theopliske8711 wrote:Denied my matching request. Can you be eligible for other merit aid? If not, might as well just drop now.

ftfy and ftfm

seriously berkeley? you're a great school and all but you are not sticker great.

most likely will not be attending berkeley in the fall, though it saddens me to say it : (

Wiggly

Bronze

Post by Wiggly » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Last edited by Wiggly on Fri May 23, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

waferthinmint

Bronze

Post by waferthinmint » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:49 pm

One email and two voice messages to the FAO later, I am still out in the cold about not being able to access MyFinAid since last week. And both times that I called and left a message, I called WITHIN BUSINESS HOURS and they had the VM pick up. No response. This is infuriating. :evil: How hard is it to PICK UP THE PHONE like a normal place of business?

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:22 pm

waferthinmint wrote:One email and two voice messages to the FAO later, I am still out in the cold about not being able to access MyFinAid since last week. And both times that I called and left a message, I called WITHIN BUSINESS HOURS and they had the VM pick up. No response. This is infuriating. :evil: How hard is it to PICK UP THE PHONE like a normal place of business?
Welp, that's encouraging.

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:41 pm

waferthinmint wrote:One email and two voice messages to the FAO later, I am still out in the cold about not being able to access MyFinAid since last week. And both times that I called and left a message, I called WITHIN BUSINESS HOURS and they had the VM pick up. No response. This is infuriating. :evil: How hard is it to PICK UP THE PHONE like a normal place of business?
Did you leave a VM? I was getting ready to leave one but then someone picked up tried to resolve my issue and failed miserable but "opened up a case" for me. Anyways, I needed my fin aid info ASAP so I called the financial aid office and they looked it up for me.

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:47 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
Did you leave a VM? I was getting ready to leave one but then someone picked up tried to resolve my issue and failed miserable but "opened up a case" for me. Anyways, I needed my fin aid info ASAP so I called the financial aid office and they looked it up for me.
Was their finaid package worth the wait? I'm wondering if you weren't able to access it because your finaid was being updated...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

waferthinmint

Bronze

Post by waferthinmint » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:49 pm

Dr.Zer0 wrote:
Yes, yes I did leave multiple VMs. I, too, need my fin aid info ASAP, like everyone else in this thread/in every TLS thread/in this admissions cycle. The difference is when I call the financial aid office, they don't pick up. (Hence, angry VMs, emails).

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:54 pm

Sry, I can't read good. =/

But you're right to be upset.

schnaupal

New

Post by schnaupal » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:11 pm

waferthinmint wrote:
Dr.Zer0 wrote:
Yes, yes I did leave multiple VMs. I, too, need my fin aid info ASAP, like everyone else in this thread/in every TLS thread/in this admissions cycle. The difference is when I call the financial aid office, they don't pick up. (Hence, angry VMs, emails).
I had the same experience trying to call the FinAid office today - no answer. I actually got an email from Berk last week promising I'd have a $$ response from them on Friday or Monday, and still have yet to hear anything.

Theopliske8711

Gold

Post by Theopliske8711 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 pm

I'm out! Peace and good luck to you all in sunny sunny Berkeley!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:44 pm

Well, the admissions office is answering their phone, but I can't say they were very helpful :?.

Ryan11212

New

Post by Ryan11212 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:17 pm

MATCHING YAAAAAAAAAAHHHSSSSS

http://i.imgur.com/DhXpH.gif

koalacity

Silver

Post by koalacity » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Ryan11212 wrote:MATCHING YAAAAAAAAAAHHHSSSSS

Congrats!!! Can I ask when you submitted? Did you have to do any follow-up calls and/or emails before you got a decision?

Ryan11212

New

Post by Ryan11212 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:31 pm

koalacity wrote:
Ryan11212 wrote:MATCHING YAAAAAAAAAAHHHSSSSS

Congrats!!! Can I ask when you submitted? Did you have to do any follow-up calls and/or emails before you got a decision?
I submitted last week, but they were expediting it to meet a deadline I had tomorrow. I haven't had any luck with calling their office--just email.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”