Harvard Class of 2017 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2017)

State your section!

Section 1
9%
Section 2
16%
Section 3
11%
Section 4
9%
Section 5
27%
Section 6
11%
Section 7
17%

Total votes: 75

The-Specs

Silver

Re: Harvard Class of 2017

Post by The-Specs » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:53 pm

djfududeman wrote:Haha this is such a happy place!! I hope the JS2 afterglow is treating everybody well :mrgreen:
It really is!!

carolinainmymind

Bronze

Post by carolinainmymind » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Still in disbelief. Congrats everyone!

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:21 pm

Checking in. Glad to be here, can't think of anything that'd keep me from attending in the fall.

HarvardHopeful

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:09 am

has anyone received their login to the admitted students website yet? probably too soon but just wondering

yzero1

Bronze

Post by yzero1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:40 am

t-14orbust wrote:
Sourrudedude wrote:So does Harvard include any neat gifts in the acceptance packets?
Idk about the packets but as deposit deadlines near I believe they send out signed books.
Deferred admit here from last cycle (look forward to joining you guys next August!).

Last year, a HLS bumper sticker was included in our packets. Afterwards, we were mailed signed books (tailored to each admit's application / background) and HLS luggage tags.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:09 am

HarvardHopeful wrote:has anyone received their login to the admitted students website yet? probably too soon but just wondering
Nothing yet, just an e-mail with the following info:
  • Your new HLS email account is being created for you, and we will send it to you when it becomes available. Important information from HLS will be sent to this account so you should activate it as soon as possible. This is the primary way we will communicate with you. Once you set up your account you will also be able to access the Admitted Students' Website.
  • A packet of information, including your admission letter, will be mailed to your current address.
  • You will receive an email from Student Financial Services soon with instructions on the financial aid process.
  • Mark your calendar: our first Admitted Students’ Weekend is scheduled for March 8-10. We hope to see you on campus!

NapoleonXV

Bronze

Post by NapoleonXV » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:42 am

Checking in ...

Cannot make the first ASW, but hopefully will see some of you on the second ASW. Does anyone know when the second ASW will be held?

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:10 am

No clue, but I would guess that the second ASW will be in early April.

According to the academic calendar, spring break is from March 15th-23rd, and the term finishes at the end of April. I'd expect it to be any weekend after Mar. 28th until April 18th.

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:59 am

HarvardHopeful wrote:has anyone received their login to the admitted students website yet? probably too soon but just wondering
This is my question too. I wonder if we will get these before Thanksgiving. Either way I won't complain but I am pretty excited to start reading all of the previously out of reach information.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TeufelHunden88

New

Post by TeufelHunden88 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:29 pm

Checking In. Can't believe I'm here.

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:37 pm

The-Specs wrote:
This is my question too. I wonder if we will get these before Thanksgiving. Either way I won't complain but I am pretty excited to start reading all of the previously out of reach information.
I really doubt it. I've been reading through last year's thread, and it looks like it took about a week before e-mails came out. So between that and the fact that it's almost a holiday, I think we'll have to wait until next week at the earliest.

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:46 pm

HorseThief wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
I really doubt it. I've been reading through last year's thread, and it looks like it took about a week before e-mails came out. So between that and the fact that it's almost a holiday, I think we'll have to wait until next week at the earliest.
Solid research, thanks for the heads up.

scoopDeeDoo

New

Post by scoopDeeDoo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Last edited by scoopDeeDoo on Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HarvardHopeful

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:10 pm

scoopDeeDoo wrote:
HorseThief wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
I thought I read somewhere the login credentials would be in the admissions packet, which should have already been sent out (at least it said mine had been sent on the status checker). So maybe later this week? Could be wrong though.

Mine says that too on the status checker (assuming all of ours do). Thats exciting though, we could have the packets by Friday or Saturday if they've really been sent out!

NapoleonXV

Bronze

Post by NapoleonXV » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:24 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:
scoopDeeDoo wrote:
HorseThief wrote:
The-Specs wrote:
I thought I read somewhere the login credentials would be in the admissions packet, which should have already been sent out (at least it said mine had been sent on the status checker). So maybe later this week? Could be wrong though.

Mine says that too on the status checker (assuming all of ours do). Thats exciting though, we could have the packets by Friday or Saturday if they've really been sent out!
So does my status checker! I live overseas though :( so tell me what you have in the packet before I receive mine :D

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:27 pm

NapoleonXV wrote: So does my status checker! I live overseas though :( so tell me what you have in the packet before I receive mine :D
Same here, and my folks haven't been good about telling me what comes in the mail :(

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm not sure if since I'm having my mail forwarded from my old address if that means I'm going to get everything later. Oh well.

Also, interesting piece of trivia I came across googling Harvard last night at 3 a.m.: The Class of 2017 will mark the 200th anniversary of Harvard Law's existence.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:42 pm

CyanIdes Of March wrote: Also, interesting piece of trivia I came across googling Harvard last night at 3 a.m.: The Class of 2017 will mark the 200th anniversary of Harvard Law's existence.
Hope that means they're going to give out generous scholarships to everyone in the class. I think that would be a fitting tribute.

HarvardHopeful

Bronze

Post by HarvardHopeful » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:15 pm

I live in mass so maybe i'll get mine friday! I'll let you guys know if i do.

Has it sunk in for everyone here yet? I still think its unreal. Might not hit me until I'm actually sitting in class on the first day. :D

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:23 pm

HarvardHopeful wrote:I live in mass so maybe i'll get mine friday! I'll let you guys know if i do.

Has it sunk in for everyone here yet? I still think its unreal. Might not hit me until I'm actually sitting in class on the first day. :D
Amen to the bolded.

NapoleonXV

Bronze

Post by NapoleonXV » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:38 pm

I am thinking of applying to a JD/MPP program, but hesitating whether to do this now, or in 1L.

Anyone with insights into this?

Cheers.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Sourrudedude

Bronze

Post by Sourrudedude » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:56 pm

NapoleonXV wrote:I am thinking of applying to a JD/MPP program, but hesitating whether to do this now, or in 1L.

Anyone with insights into this?

Cheers.
That's something I'm super into academically but probably not professionally. I'll definitely be asking about it at ASW though.

The-Specs

Silver

Post by The-Specs » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Sourrudedude wrote: That's something I'm super into academically but probably not professionally. I'll definitely be asking about it at ASW though.
My wife has an MPP. WAY too much data analysis for me.

HorseThief

Silver

Post by HorseThief » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:20 pm

Every once in a while, I'll wonder what the deal is with X law or what the ramifications of doing Y would be.

And then I get all giddy, because next year I'll find out :lol:

scry

New

Post by scry » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:08 am

HarvardHopeful wrote: Has it sunk in for everyone here yet? I still think its unreal. Might not hit me until I'm actually sitting in class on the first day. :D
this.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2017 Forum”